How do you PVP?

Halt - Harshlands
Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Assassin
Ever since I started playing my wizard instead of my sin, I have noticed an influx is terribad since in pvp. Which pretty much means double spark in stealth and occult ice. Its really pathetic to see that, so I'm wondering how everyone else goes about pvp'ing in this subforum.
A thread about not soloing??
Unban me.
Post edited by Halt - Harshlands on

Comments

• Loupu - Harshlands
    Loupu - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    keep your genie stamina for AD

you can 2 spark-maze steps-headhunt,AD will help you go back to stealth b:avoid

unfortunately you can follow almost the same tactic to kill different classes,but thats the way they designed it
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    F1 = Auto Attack, F2 = Spark, F3 = Stealth, F4-7 = Buffs

And I use my face to click all the buttons at once and I win.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    F1 = Auto Attack, F2 = Spark, F3 = Stealth, F4-7 = Buffs

And I use my face to click all the buttons at once and I win.
    this sound as one awesome tactic but if i play laptop and cant press f1-10 with my nose?b:sad
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I play it by ear.. depends on the situation. I do not use combos.

This is the correct answer. The first response poster needs to go die.
    Unban me.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    stealth>>stun of any kind>keel>back to hiding

duhhhh b:pleased
  • Waterscyth - Harshlands
    Waterscyth - Harshlands Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Max credit card+Tab+roll face on keyboard TADA!b:victory
    Once there was an Assassin... He killed everyone. The End...
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1.) *start stealth*/ *end stealth*
    2.) stay at max distance
    3.) Use "Mozun's taunt" if you are demon, steal 50 chi from enemy, he wont know that he lost 50 chi
    4.) take out cv bow or any bow, shoot, pew pew, hope for purge
    5.) when they reach you (melee) or use a long range skill channeling, knife throw cancel it, pew pew more then 2nd channeling they use, stealth!!
    6.) wait for shadow escape & Mo zun's taunt cooldown
    7.) repeat
    8.) they will get angry & lose it, may run to safe zone, call you names, or eventually die from bow, or tick their charm to no ends.
    9.) they will also have no chi left to use skills, unless they use chi pots.

Another scenario, bow sin,

1.) stealth
    2.) tackling slash, immobolize them (slow them too if yours is demon lvl 11), run out of range, shoot bow, pew pew
    3.) they chase you, use shadow teleport stun, use tackling slash again & repeat
    4.) (if they break your stun), use Deep Sting, put them to sleep, wait for other skill to cooldown
    5.) if all other stun/immobolize/sleep skill in cooldown, use head hunt, or occult ice (genie skill)
    6.) LOL

or... just give them an entertaining fight by just skill spam w/ the best stun lock combinations, atleast they can somewhat put up a fight and know how they die instead of "auto attack, starts stealth mode"

can also set yourself up for the highest dph skill you have, use chill of deep, genie skills, bramble?, or frenzy, power dash for crit, possibly subsea strike for 30% dmg, & try to 1 shot them if they're squishy. If you're not sure you have enough time to pull it off, start off with a stun or immobolize and use immune pots or domain on genie instead if others are going to aoe you.

If you like to magic nuke, power dash, inner harmony, subsea strike, Bramble on a high dex genie will crit for crzy dmg

or start the fight off with a 35meter knife throw & watch them react to "wtf was that!", o sh*t, a sin just hit me" & see what happens next

To make it more fun;

Don't rely on stealth, kite away like an archer & use shadow jump to teleport to mobs/people in area etc. to get range, then attack back when your skills are ready

anyways, pvp w/ sin is quite funny and can be fun and includes a lot you can do, stun lock someone & hit them w/ a npc weapon or something, just most sins *auto attack* and even 2 spark from stealth.

anyways, just some ideas that kind of died out with the common way a no skilled sin would kill.

Most of these are just 1vs1 type situation though, Group pvp/Tw will lessen the possibilities by a bit.
  • IiMagik - Raging Tide
    IiMagik - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My style of pking is a bit different then all the other sins I have encountered for copyright reasons I would not give it out =p

But here is a tactic most sins use if they have 3 sparks:
    1) Be in stealth
    2)Once you spot your target go near them buff yourself.
    3)If they are a class that has loads of stuns then make sure you maze step 1 second before you attack if not proceed onto the next step
    4)Headhunt this should stun them for quite a while depending on your level and weather its demon/sage
    5)Rising dragon to gain back chi or combine with inner harmony at the same time if you are really low to gain back your 3 sparks
    6)Tackling slash to gain chi and some people start running if they are losing or if you sparked
    7)Demon/Sage spark
    8)Auto attack and watch them die, if they are your near level then there is hardly any way of losing or them escaping. Also if they are a high p deff class then you should use tangling mire so you hit more.

This method can fail but you must ensure that you perform this smoothly and there will be a small chance of flaw
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Stealth is for the weak. I use stealth if i'm actively PKing, but that's because I have a hard time staying aware of where I am.

In small/friendly PK I don't stealth(I'm the strongest of my group of friends, skill and gear wise) Or unless they use something where I can't attack/stun them.

Most strategy is the same, HH>Windshield>auto til death/occult if stun is wearing off>etc

Other sins don't hit me hard but when I attack them they say I hit like a freight train.b:shocked

BMs and barbs are the only issue, but stunlocking is so easy nowadays with so many stupid people not knowing how to PvP/etc. (Get a better genie Durrrrr) I have like 3 genies that I use, PvP oriented(High str) PvE/PvP mix(max LP, I use all the time) PvE(High mag/vit used for EP and AD and stuff when i'm in FC etc)

PvP isn't that hard as a sin, literally, I know people who faceroll and win due to APS.

1.33 APS sorta sucks when you're in PvP and that annoying barb JUST. WON'T. DIE. PvE's even worse due to the fact that I can't farm as well as demons can.

I like to have fun when I PvP, I don't like facerolling stun/ then APSing things to death, where's the fun in that? I like at least giving them a chance to fight back if i'm having fun, but if it's srs PK your happy *** time, it's stunlock/APS no fun for you occultice doublespark ironguard timeb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • IiMagik - Raging Tide
    IiMagik - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Looks like some 1 is over confident >.<
    The people who are not as op as you would have loooaaddssss of trouble....
  • AWildPokemon - Raging Tide
    AWildPokemon - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Stealth is for the weak. I use stealth if i'm actively PKing, but that's because I have a hard time staying aware of where I am.

In small/friendly PK I don't stealth(I'm the strongest of my group of friends, skill and gear wise) Or unless they use something where I can't attack/stun them.

Most strategy is the same, HH>Windshield>auto til death

thats where i stopped reading
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Anyone that does not use every avenue to obtain victory - is a fool.

A cheetah has speed because they are short winded. A bulldog has jaw pressure, because they lack size, a sin has steath because they can be squishier than their opponent.

Even if you have alot of hp, you still face those with hp much higher. And honestly, I am pretty sure most of the better PVPers -count- on Sins using the same tactics you do.

Not everyone has combos set for PVP, and not everyone reacts the same way to defend. You have to be prepared, adjust ... do it damn fast. If you cannot - steath out of it.

The object of war, is to be the last one standing, by any means necessary...

The object of a game, is to have fun b:surrender

Not that I would know, but one shotting people from stealth and killing people who have no chance at even getting an attack in unless you **** up doesn't sound very fun b:shutup

Edit: Oh yeah Aizza, thought I should point out that defend mode does not work in pvp so if you set your nix on defend mode with stun on auto, it will charge at the opponent, but it won't actually attack, it'll just put the skill in cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Do what Bludd does in this at 5:20 and you will WIN k?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BK-i3BlK0E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

r9 +12, full buffs, get hit for 400 by TT90 axes, then AD
    lawl