Endgame Robe

phatlewt1
phatlewt1 Posts: 1
edited July 2011 in Seeker
So, my seeker only level 81, but starting to think about engame gear. I'm intending to get -chan gear when I can, but wondering if I'm better off with the Lunar cloak with -chan or go for a more tanky type cloak and get wings of cloudcharger?

Is it definitely better to get the lunar? Thinking I'll do a lot of fc pulling and hopefully faction nirvy runs at 100.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phatlewt1
    edited July 2011
    No opinions?
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    WoC gives you more def and hp, i think its better on pve (fc/nirvana), personaly i would go for nirvana robe+helm to get 5 attack lvls
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Also something to keep in mind, there will be new packs soon with basically an advanced version of WoC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What cape is that? Care to link the cape/pack in PWDB?
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Also something to keep in mind, there will be new packs soon with basically an advanced version of WoC.

an advanced version...wtf WoC is already an op cape worthy of endgame hw would they make it stronger?
  • phatlewt1
    edited July 2011
    The two cloaks are :

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18429

and

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21418

To be honest, I'm starting to lean towards the lunar cloak for the -chann. Faster skills means more damage.
    edited July 2011
    phatlewt1 wrote: »
    The two cloaks are :

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18429

and

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21418

To be honest, I'm starting to lean towards the lunar cloak for the -chann. Faster skills means more damage.

And being dead results in 0 damage dealt, just consider that. -6% might improve your damage output by around 3% (or less due to the higher casting times), yet being dead will decrease it by 100%.

Another thing to take into consideration is WoCC is G13, which means you can stack JoSD in it. However, there is a lunar G13 -chan cape so you could shard JoSD in that.
  • phatlewt1
    edited July 2011
    And being dead results in 0 damage dealt, just consider that. -6% might improve your damage output by around 3% (or less due to the higher casting times), yet being dead will decrease it by 100%.

Another thing to take into consideration is WoCC is G13, which means you can stack JoSD in it. However, there is a lunar G13 -chan cape so you could shard JoSD in that.

I agree that the WoCC is much better for defense, but even now I don't have a problem with dying, really. I am strictly PvE, so I don't think dying is going to be a huge issue - TW and I think you make a strong case for the WoCC, though. My biggest issue is going to be holding aggro, which I have to do through pure damage output, since there isn't much in the way of aggro skills for seekers. Wouldn't this make every bit of -chann helpful? I figure I can stack a fair bit of it and still have decent defense.
    edited July 2011
    If you wanted to hold aggro surely you would want -int equipment. Normal attacks with stacked -int deals higher DPS than stacked -chan.

Edit - Yes I am very much in favour of WoCC because of the defensive bonus. With R8 and R9 I don't think there is any class that needs more attack for PvE or PvP. With the minor difference -chan makes I'd much rather get a WoCC to survive.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What cape is that? Care to link the cape/pack in PWDB?

I can't find it :S But I'm more than positive I've seen one topic where it was discussed, and at least another two where it was mentioned.
    Edit - Yes I am very much in favour of WoCC because of the defensive bonus. With R8 and R9 I don't think there is any class that needs more attack for PvE or PvP. With the minor difference -chan makes I'd much rather get a WoCC to survive.

Would it make more of a difference if stacked with the channeling from rank rings? Or do seeker skills tend to have a bit of cast time to make -channeling pointless? And I wonder if there are any decent elemental necks or belts with -channel, but I doubt it besides ones that give a set bonus for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phatlewt1
    edited July 2011
    If you wanted to hold aggro surely you would want -int equipment. Normal attacks with stacked -int deals higher DPS than stacked -chan.

Well, seeker isn't an aps class, though. I haven't crunched numbers, but I figured we'd do more damage using our skills than being a low aps auto attack character. No way I can hold aggro auto-attacking if I'm running with sins/bms/archers with much higher aps.
    edited July 2011
    Well, seeker isn't an aps class, though. I haven't crunched numbers, but I figured we'd do more damage using our skills than being a low aps auto attack character. No way I can hold aggro auto-attacking if I'm running with sins/bms/archers with much higher aps.

No way can you hold aggro skill spamming if you're running with any APS char. Put it this way, Flesh Ream has aggro on it, have you seen a barb keeping aggro from any perm spark character?

Most seeker skills takes a second to cast+channel, with cast taking up the majority of the time. Check if you don't believe me, it's especially true for spammable skills such as Battousai, Staggering and RSC. I believe the maximum aps for a non-sparked seeker is 2.2. Unless the skills adds some where between 170% to 200% damage (it doesn't), then aps will be better for holding aggro.
  • phatlewt1
    edited July 2011
    Well, for holding aggro, most likely you'll use vortex, and you'll do more damage there with -chann gear. Also, anything beyond maybe pulling in fc, seeker going to be mostly a debuff class, so we'll want to have more channeling. Also, I'm not sure about -chann effect on casting time, but from my testing, that seems to get reduced as well.
    edited July 2011
    Well, for holding aggro, most likely you'll use vortex, and you'll do more damage there with -chann gear. Also, anything beyond maybe pulling in fc, seeker going to be mostly a debuff class, so we'll want to have more channeling. Also, I'm not sure about -chann effect on casting time, but from my testing, that seems to get reduced as well.

1) Explain.
    2) Weren't you talking about trying to hold aggro?
    3) Seem is subjective to personal views and desires, which I think plays a part here.
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    chan dosent increase vortex damage....

also if we are talking about endgame seeker, u probably only have 12 chan from rings (r8 & r9). i dont think that many seekers are going for chan neck and belt. more likely they will take cube neck and warson belt (or r9), geting better adds and survaivability. also geting nirvana cape +helmet gives u more mag def and extra 5 attack lvls.

edit part:
    and also if u are talking about seeker as debuffer, int is useful holding on - 20 def lvl
    edited July 2011
    I think you're rather fixed on the LG cape, if hat's the case, just go for it.
  • phatlewt1
    edited July 2011
    I think you're rather fixed on the LG cape, if hat's the case, just go for it.

Not so much that as I'm trying to max out the effectiveness of my seeker and most of the stuff I've read said go -chann. But if peeps with more experience don't think I'm getting much benefit from it, then maybe I need to rethink.
    also if we are talking about endgame seeker, u probably only have 12 chan from rings (r8 & r9). i dont think that many seekers are going for chan neck and belt. more likely they will take cube neck and warson belt (or r9), geting better adds and survaivability. also geting nirvana cape +helmet gives u more mag def and extra 5 attack lvls.

But, if you are in a debuff role, you could get -chann ornaments and get a fair bit more -chann. I guess you have a point about auto attack putting the - def level up more easily.

I'm not even close to affording nirvy cloak and helmet, but if I'm going for -int over -chann, then maybe I'm better going for the -int lunar cape over WoCC or -chann lunar cloak?

I guess I saw seeker as more of a skill user than a gimped aps, which is what going -int seems to me. I guess the bottom line is do we do more damage going demon and -int than skill spamming?
    edited July 2011
    Yes, you do more DPS as demon -int, but in PvP you don't auto attack.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It depends mainly on your funds, build and PvP style. From my experence i would say;

☆Wings of Cloudcharger
    If you can afford it, dont PvP much or prefer the tanky build, one of seekers main weakness is there slow movement.

☆Passionate Robe: Abaddon
    Is the cape i use, my seeker is full critical dps build and at the moment (in rank 8) i sit on 27% crit. I prefer this in PvP and id say its the best lunar pvp cape option.

☆Calm Robe: Lunar Glade
    Better for both PvE and PvP mix.

☆☆Dragon Rise
    With the recasted Helmet aswell is the best your gonna get PvP and PvE wise for a seeker, but this takes alot of money (more then the Wings) but will give you the best result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
    edited July 2011
    It depends mainly on your funds, build and PvP style. From my experence i would say;

☆Wings of Cloudcharger
    If you can afford it, dont PvP much or prefer the tanky build, one of seekers main weakness is there slow movement.

☆Passionate Robe: Abaddon
    Is the cape i use, my seeker is full critical dps build and at the moment (in rank 8) i sit on 27% crit. I prefer this in PvP and id say its the best lunar pvp cape option.

☆Calm Robe: Lunar Glade
    Better for both PvE and PvP mix.

☆☆Dragon Rise
    With the recasted Helmet aswell is the best your gonna get PvP and PvE wise for a seeker, but this takes alot of money (more then the Wings) but will give you the best result.

In what way is that cape lunar?
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is what way is that cape lunar?

eeh sleep. fine best 90 event item cape, you know what i mean dont call me out on that ****!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos