Psychic gearing: cheap wise?

Options
_Perses_ - Lost City
_Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Psychic
Ok...simply said I do eventually plan to give the lvl 6x psychic I have r9 gear....but right now I wanna know what is the cheapest way to gear my psychic while keeping it's dmg to the highest possible.

Any gear suggestions from 6x - 101 would be great
Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Perses_ - Lost City on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Weapons: Token quest molds, TT, until 85+, then FF gold to 101.

Armor: Molds til 80, TT for what the molds can't do. I shared 80 gold with my arcanes.

Accessories: Maybe find some made +2 crit rings unless you already have COA rings to use 'til the r8 and r9 combo. Protection necklace until SDP. Protection belt until 80+ chrono belts, going sequentially if you have alts with them already on the same account.

Really it's simple normal gearing up as a wizard, and like a wizard the only issue is learning how to survive with that damage, especially doing AOE's, as far as PVE is concerned.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Weapons: Token quest molds, TT, until 85+, then FF gold to 101.

Armor: Molds til 90, TT for what the molds can't do. I shared 80 gold with my arcanes.

Accessories: Maybe find some made +2 crit rings unless you already have COA rings to use 'til the r8 and r9 combo. Protection necklace until SDP. Protection belt until 80+ chrono belts, going sequentially if you have alts with them already on the same account.

Really it's simple normal gearing up as a wizard, and like a wizard the only issue is learning how to survive with that damage, especially doing AOE's, as far as PVE is concerned.

Fixed that for you. 7x molds are better than TT80 green and can last you till 90 easily since FC makes 8x fast. Since you the OP asked for cheap ways to gear his psy I wouldn't recommend TT80 gold because he wouldn't be able to resell it later when done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fixed that for you. TT80 gold can last you til 100. Since you the OP asked for cheap ways to gear his psy I would recommend TT80 gold because he would be able to re-use it later on another arcane.
    Fixed that for you. The standards of "cheap" for a 101 BM and for someone who's only character was a 60s psychic are quite different, and if OP were to ever make another arcane on the same account, I'd recommend 80 gold. Therefore since TT80 gold cost only a few mil, and green takes maybe a couple hours to solo farm, I'd recommend TT80, especially given the condition in last sentence.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Maybe, but you'll need 90 gear to get TT99 pieces anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well if it helps any I do make ~4-5 mil a day thanks to selling frost runs (both solo and big room). So I can afford decent gear.

But I think I might go with what Janus said and get the 80 gold, since I do have a cleric on the account. I can just get the cleric to 80 and pass them through account stash (once I get one on that account) to him, and then be good with that.

Any other suggestions? Oh and some links on molds that are recommended would be great if you can find any :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Since you solo FC, why not just hyper your psy past all the lvls so you don't have to worry about gear pre 100 and get r8? :b Or at least to 80, then use the 80 gold, and use a TT sphere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol, well I do plan to frost my psychic. But I have to get used to switching between the two char's. Probably gonna have to run psychic to big room, and then log out and switch to sin and come back on...idk...

But I don't have r8 on my psychic yet....I will eventually (r9 also), but right now I will probably stop ~80 or so for a little but of time.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^ My alt >.>....I forgot I was posting on him...ohwell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol you should've made your psy on a different account. That way when you get him end game gear with high refines you can give your other chars his buffs b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amphradite - Harshlands
    Amphradite - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've never been smart enough to use multi accounts .
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol you should've made your psy on a different account. That way when you get him end game gear with high refines you can give your other chars his buffs b:victory
    Wut? That would be a pretty silly idea given how non-essential psy buffs are, or in some cases, downright annoying and/or dangerous.

Making a sin on a different account for buffing a bm or barb.. a much better idea.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol, my sin, cleric, psychic and archer are all on a second account.

My BM and a lvl 30 sin (Don't really care to delete it...) are on this account i'm posting on.

As for psychic buffs....PvE wise the one that helps with charm recov is good, the rest are a little too risky to work with (except maybe the reflect dmg one since I have a mp charm on my bm). Though PvP wise...god I love psychic buffs...10 minutes on unrelenting buffs b:sexy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol, my sin, cleric, psychic and archer are all on a second account.

My BM and a lvl 30 sin (Don't really care to delete it...) are on this account i'm posting on.

As for psychic buffs....PvE wise the one that helps with charm recov is good, the rest are a little too risky to work with (except maybe the reflect dmg one since I have a mp charm on my bm). Though PvP wise...god I love psychic buffs...10 minutes on unrelenting buffs b:sexy
    PVP for sure, the target buff souls are great for that.

However, EV is only 90 seconds and is a buff that has to be babysat basically. Not worth it as an alt account, especially since psychics heal is only once every 30 seconds and you'd manage to get a whopping three heals on them, and I'm questioning the motivation for someone using it for charm's sake in PVE as **** your charm really isn't a good idea for any instance. BP, you buff, you leave, you have 30 mins (or 60 for lvl 11) to play around with as a BM, and it does a good job at saving thy ***.

Psy buffs in PVE are good for when the psy is actually present and continuously casting them. xD
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    PVP for sure, the target buff souls are great for that.

However, EV is only 90 seconds and is a buff that has to be babysat basically. Not worth it as an alt account, especially since psychics heal is only once every 30 seconds and you'd manage to get a whopping three heals on them, and I'm questioning the motivation for someone using it for charm's sake in PVE as **** your charm really isn't a good idea for any instance. BP, you buff, you leave, you have 30 mins (or 60 for lvl 11) to play around with as a BM, and it does a good job at saving thy ***.

Psy buffs in PVE are good for when the psy is actually present and continuously casting them. xD

rofl, my bm uses so little mana it's sad. Literally the only thing that is a charm tick is using demon bell. So normally I'll sit at 1+ mil on my mp charm for over a month or more. So having a psychic buff me with their reflect buff for PvE doesn't really make me worry (or w/e buff it is that causes the dmg to be reflected at the cost of mp...haven't done all the culti's on my psychic yet...)

Sin bloodpaint (lvl 10, since I want 11 for 1 hr buff even tho my sin is demon)....it's just orgasmic....no other way to describe it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wut? That would be a pretty silly idea given how non-essential psy buffs are, or in some cases, downright annoying and/or dangerous.

Making a sin on a different account for buffing a bm or barb.. a much better idea.

I was mostly speaking for PvP, since he is after all on a PvP server and those buffs with high refines are what make psys the most OP class end game :b

Btw Perses, if you decide to go sage on your psy the dmg reflect buff won't cost any mp with sage version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah, a while ago when I was looking at the skills I saw them and was like "Ok...sage owns in PvE...and it's split in PvP..interesting....Sage it is!" xD

Anyhow, I'm nearly done farming all the 80 gold, and 80 wep. Just gotta farm 8 mil to buy wraithgate runs for the -chan cape. Then i'll have his gear set-up nicely.

Oh yeah! What would you guys suggest for the belts? Should I go with molds, HH, or something else??
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would suggest warsong, jungle belt, or the 95 one that I think is from OHT but not sure. I know it is called Guard of Thunderschock.(All protection, of course) The OHT 80 belt should last you until you can get one of these.

Also, -chann is not so great for psy, since their skills have less channeling than most other casters, but also have more cast time, which -chann won't effect. But the channel cape is good to have for your other arcane alts. But try to get a good cape with pdef adds later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'll check those out.

I think OHT might be the cheapest of the three, but then again I don't plan to open OHT first map on any alt char ~_~...having a **** of enough time doing all the map opening on this bm....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]