thoughts on female players

Starflair - Dreamweaver
Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Over the years in pwi, there are a few things about female players I've grown to admire/find amusing to me. Is like to know If anyone else agrees or noticed.Please note that these are just MY observations on dw server ands Its a generalization, not all apply.

1. They work(play) at a comfortable pace. Most females I see have armor 10 levels below theirs, or have npc drops. This shows me they aren't caught up in this ridiculous arms race that many male players obsess over (keeping up with the most up to date armor).

2. They're not as picky with squads. Most males are particular about what they want (most notably aps/ class specific squads).

3. Always look good in fashion.

4. They'll turn down your offer without an "lol" or a sarcastic comment.

5. Seem to overall play for fun instead of making it a race to 100.

Of course its female avatar, I can't prove they're actually female.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by Starflair - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AX - Momaganon
    AX - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have noticed the majority of the actual females are indeed more in this game for the social networking and attention rather than gears. There are exceptions of course.

I have no problems with them ; they do their thing and i do mine, no holds barred. b:victory

Interesting topic by the way.
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I also play like that...very relaxed...The only thing I focus on seriously, is probably a large coin stock.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm a girl on a girl avatar, and none of it rings true for me (other than the fashion one, I love me some fashion).

1) I play at a pace where I'm comfortable, but I also HATE being stagnant in gear, level, and otherwise. If I feel that I'm stagnant in some way, bet your *** I won't be a happy camper until I'm at my comfort zone again. I can't walk around with gear 10 levels lower than me unless it's a high-end piece of gear. For example, my cube neck (that I went ape **** for when my fiance sold his) and warsong belt. They're level 80, but too awesome not to have. Even my rings have to be as close to my level as possible. I remember when I couldn't find decent level 7x rings and I had the treasure reward rings (which are nice, but are level 58), I was going nuts.

2) I'm picky with squad formations. I look at what I have in the squad first, and depending on what I need for what we're going into, I'll have to turn down some people sadly. For example, for bh delta, as much as I would like to drag a sin with me, it means that I'd have to not take a (continuous) aoe dd, which I prefer to have over the sin. BTW, I love venos in FC. IJS.

3) Whether I'm in purple or not, or nicely dressed in a dress or clad in loincloth, I try to look good in fashion.

4) I'm sarcastic by nature. But if there is an offer or something, I'll usually ignore it or if I'm feeling particularly snarky, I'll tell them to try again. Hey some people forget 0's in catshops.

5) I will get to 100 soon enough on my mystic. I am in very little rush to get there since it would be the 3rd time anyways. I do, however, would kill to hit 102 on my psychic. I want 500 magic xD
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1) I'm a female on a female toon and I have to say that this does not ring true to me. I always try to look for the best deals (and good armor) and love to shop. I have a lot of gear that I maybe shouldn't have given that I've spent very little of my own money on this game and also don't farm as much as I should by looking for deals! Undervalued that socket stone to 5k instead of 10? Mine! Just wanna sell that piece of fash already and put it in the ah for 100k less than everyone else? Mine! Have a great piece of fash in a less popular color, so you sell it dirt cheap? Mine! b:chuckle I try to have good armor for my level, but I'm also willing to stay at a level range for a long time until i have that good armor. I've been playing since age of spirits, and this was the first toon I actually put effort in, and I still haven't hit 100. And I'm okay with that. It's not a race to me. I won't hit 100 either until I improve some of my gear and get some more of my sage skills. I dont' really care if other people consider that slow, I play the game for me.

2) I'm not picky with squad formations either. Some of the most fun I've had in this game is in squads that make the run a challenge to complete. As long as the people are nice/aren't bossy and aren't getting me killed all the time, I don't really care if something takes longer.

3)You got me on the fashion. I love fashion if you can't tell by my siggy/character name. Both in real life and in game. I must admit to charging a little zen this last fashion set because I really wanted that hat. b:surrender

4) That one is me, I can honestly count on one hand the number of squads I've actually dropped as well. All of them were for rudeness. I even did a TT with a bunch of other people new to the instance and it tooks us forever. We died like a bazillion times. We were too low level to be in that TT in the first place, even though it wasn't by much. It was a blast and a fac mate who came to teach us gave us all the tiny charms to help cover our losses/make things run smoother at the last boss because I couldn't really keep BB up since I couldn't even use event food at the time and had run out of apoth pots/mana food. One of my favorite memories in game.

5) i guess I fall into this category. I play for fun and when this game isn't fun anymore, I'll quit and leave the forums too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm a female player, and I guess I kinda meet all of the above... but it depends.

1. If I buy gear, I'm definitely going to get the best outta my coin. I usually can't stand being below my level in gear, but I'm willing to tolerate it if I'm close to whatever level I need ("why buying 50 HA plate when I'm 55" kinda thing).

2. I'm not real picky on squads XD. If they can do the job, all theirs. However, I expect people to be decent players, and I HATE being told how to play >_____>, as people might have figured out already...

3. Fashion... meh. I like fashion in-game, but I hate how it everyone goes for the black/white "expensive look-at-me-I'm-RICH-LOLZ-NOOBS" stuff... Only my seeker has more than one set of fashion.

4. I'm not usually the sarcastic type, but if I'm in a bad mood, someone will know at some point. About trading, I'm more of a "no thanks" or "errr no, sorry" trader.

5. I'm not in a rush to level, but I want to get to 100. I've started getting rep to get r8, I'm massing money for it too (I have 2 chars to bring to r8 and geared DX) but I'm not in a real rush. I wanna level, but I don't exactly wanna spend ALL my free time on this game. Nor my money.

The only thing I hate is that so far, I've had problems being taken seriously as a female gamer. IRL not as much, but online... >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i m female and all guys think i m male...b:sad
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've found that most female players talk a lot.

Like...if you get someone talking to you, about what happened in their quests the other day, and like, how that made them feel, and like, what armor they want to get, and what shards they want to shard, and how that would make them feel...that's a female no doubt.

I'm not talking about typical "OMG IMMA GET R9 WITH JADES!"

This is
    "I have a Sakyamuni's Light!"
    "and I'm going to put a flawless sapphire in it :o"
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm a girl on a female toon too. o.o

1. They work(play) at a comfortable pace.
    I'm not in a rush to update my gear, but that's because I have full TT99 already + Nirvana 2nd cast chest plate (max stats wahoooo). But when rank gear came out, I didn't even take a second look. I already had full TT99 and that sht is bound, mah frienddd. So, I guess in the sense that I'm not going bananas over rank gear, I'm not into the 'arms race'.

2. They're not as picky with squads.
    I'm pretty lenient on BH squads because I can just do it with me and my husband no problem, just the other 4 people in squad are extra DD to me. So in that sense, I don't really care if they're casters, APS, or even another cleric. All classes are welcome in my BH squad. But Nirvana... that's a whole 'nother story... APS, R8/R9/Nirvana +10 Weapon or GTFO. Also, no archers/barbs/EGs/casters (except venos).

Meh, I've seen so many girl toons with terrible faces and fashion so this can't be true. I even know that some of them are real girls behind the computer. But, I'll be honest, I don't go as apesht over fashion as everyone else. I only need 1 awesome fashion set and then I'm set. I don't like to waste money on fashion.

When guys flirt with me, I'll probably just use random smileys and not say anything. Maybe I'll occasionally throw in a "lol".

I play this broken game because it is F2P and I don't have to spend any money. I'm cheap!
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Im a male playing female chars(Except barb for obvious reasons)

But Im like all the 5 points you made(Like to level slow,don't wanna aps at all cost,I love and have tons of fash,etc).

What should I say then b:avoid
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Does that make me a female player? :[

I'm a guy on a veno and I match all the points. Well, I'm not sure about the fashion one, but girl players have to tell me if my veno looks good with fashion or not. I like how it looks, with 5 sets, and I'm satisfied. But, I'm in no rush to level up, don't care about gear really, I enjoy talking to people, and I will straight up refuse if I do not want to do something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    I've found that most female players talk a lot.

Like...if you get someone talking to you, about what happened in their quests the other day, and like, how that made them feel, and like, what armor they want to get, and what shards they want to shard, and how that would make them feel...that's a female no doubt.

I'm not talking about typical "OMG IMMA GET R9 WITH JADES!"

This is
    "I have a Sakyamuni's Light!"
    "and I'm going to put a flawless sapphire in it :o"

Partially guilty XD. I'm a chatterbox when people pay attention to me...

And we use emotes/smilies often XD. That's actually my way of guessing genders - though I've noted male Europeans also use smilies a lot when they speak English.

Now this is off-topic I know, but no matter how cute people think those tiger/pig/monkey smilies are... they are one of the most annoying things I've ever suffered through. I know, I'm setting myself up for trolls here, but I had to say it somewhere DX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    i hate to say all male players, that play a female char...look ugly. i dunno why and cant explain it. Maybe we girls are to picky and take more time with character creation but hell..i never saw a goodlooking female char, played by a guy.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    i hate to say all male players, that play a female char...look ugly. i dunno why and cant explain it. Maybe we girls are to picky and take more time with character creation but hell..i never saw a goodlooking female char, played by a guy.

*jabs male playerbase some more*

As long as they have large chests, they're usually satisfied... DX

Doesn't go for all of them, but a good bunch.

And to jab at my own kind, I never liked the female players who could spend their day showing off their fashion sets either... DX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

And to jab at my own kind, I never liked the female players who could spend their day showing off their fashion sets either... DX.

Tbh me neither. most likely what for guys is epic gear is for girls fashion..guys link it nonstop, girls have like 10 outfits and a huge wandrobe lol

Tho there are always exceptions, since i have only one outfit for each char myself.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Tbh me neither. most likely what for guys is epic gear is for girls fashion..guys link it nonstop, girls have like 10 outfits and a huge wandrobe lol

Tho there are always exceptions, since i have only one outfit for each char myself.

I don't have epic gear and I have 5 outfits b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well I'm a female on a female character too.

1)This doesn't apply to me. I always try to keep my gear up-to-date. I will admit it's far from the best gear, but you won't catch me in white-named npc gear. (unless it a low lvl alt, and that's only before lvl 30.) But, I do like a work at a comfortable pace. Not too fast, and not too slow is good enough for me.

2)I'm somewhat picky about my squad set ups. For example in fc, I hate having more than 1 sin in a squad. I think my favorite squad set up would be tank(can be seeker or barb)Bm, sin(for bp), cleric (because I like to DD more than healing. although if a cleric isn't available, i will take that role.) And the last spot can be any class, but preferably not another sin since one in squad is enough.

3)Well of course, I love fashion. I always like looking cute. And when making a new character, I'll spend like an hour or more getting all the details right. xD

4)I do have a sarcastic side. It really just depends on the situation if I show it or not.

5)I do play for fun, and I plan to hit 100. Isn't leveling up part of the fun? :P
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm a female ingame and out. And here are my replies;

1. I play however I want. I do enjoy powerleveling and I obsess over my gear. I will farm and sell my fashion and extra mounts/wings for it. I make my husband take me into TT all the time and duo FC.

2. Well, it depends. I can get picky but most times I am not. I do prefer to have atleast some kind of 5.0 in my squad and a sin. Thankfully, my sin is leveling up and getting her gear fast and my hubby is 5.0.

3. Not true b:chuckle I've seen plenty of girls look terrible in fashion. I do love me some fash though.

4. I say "lol" after I turn someone down to make it more lighthearted and show I'm not trying to be mean. I normally do say "thank you though <3"

5. *races to 100*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-07-0916-35-26.jpg

lol that was my first character i created and she was on Sanctuary. as you can see she isnt ugly nor is she gigantic boobed. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-07-0916-35-26.jpg

lol that was my first character i created and she was on Sanctuary. as you can see she isnt ugly nor is she gigantic boobed. b:chuckle

Sorry but that doesnt show the face. so cant judge that as goodlooking either
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

I have 3 sets - or is it 4 now... - on my seeker XD. He's the exception to my usual down to earth yet still bubbly personality. While I try to remain calm about him, my best friend can attest that sometimes, I turn into a girly girl who likes to play dolls... XD. But I love my seeker and I'm proud of him. I'm slowly gearing him and my BM up for their 60's...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Sorry but that doesnt show the face. so cant judge that as goodlooking either

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-07-0916-49-18.jpg
    better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    2)I'm somewhat picky about my squad set ups. For example in fc, I hate having more than 1 sin in a squad. I think my favorite squad set up would be tank(can be seeker or barb)Bm, sin(for bp), cleric (because I like to DD more than healing. although if a cleric isn't available, i will take that role.) And the last spot can be any class, but preferably not another sin since one in squad is enough.

Really? Give me 4 competent sins and a competent seeker and I'm happy. Key word of course is "competent".

I only have one outfit for each of my characters, and that's enough for me. I wouldn't have even bothered with the fashion I have except the gear gets so godawfully ugly the higher level you get. If I had my way I'd still be prancing around in the Necromancy set.

I'm sure they make good gear ugly on purpose to try to get you to buy fashion. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

yes..it looks better than the average. i prefer real life faces tho

pwi

Jennifer Connelly
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1. They work(play) at a comfortable pace. Most females I see have armor 10 levels below theirs, or have npc drops. This shows me they aren't caught up in this ridiculous arms race that many male players obsess over (keeping up with the most up to date armor).

Of course its female avatar, I can't prove they're actually female.

Any thoughts?

these 2 are the only ones i find wrong here. i am a female player, although ive probably spent more money in game and for real (lol) on fashion than my own gear, i do want to have good gear also. i dont have nirvana or rank 9, because i dont really care too much for it, but i do have 99 gold and rank 8 which in my eyes is better than decent.

as for #5, some girls do race, ive known a some, even myself was like that a little.

the rest of the numbers i agree with xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Female on female avatar here. Also got a male bm though.. and no problem joking around with a girl when on him lol

1. They work(play) at a comfortable pace.
    Hm.... Kind of. I always want decent gears though. But I don't need full nirvana +12 just cause it's in. I go for the stuff I think is good and is achievable for me.

2. They're not as picky with squads. Most males are particular about what they want (most notably aps/ class specific squads).
    I often go with random wc squads or something. Only picky if I know it's gonna be trouble or you just can't do this with the classes you got. Picky when it comes to RB or stuff still. Efficiency goes over randomness ^.~

Hell, yea b:chuckle

Absolutely not lol I'm a smartass so sarcasm is <3

Fitting, yep.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Revlax - Archosaur
    Revlax - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm male and I have female alts. Only reason why is cause its fun to mess with perverts that enjoy looking at cute pixelated girls only to find out in the end when I say "I'm a guy lololoolololololololololol" xD b:laugh
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've found over nearly 3 years of playing, that every female toon played by a female I've met almost always project todays societies standard in beauty...they're all rail thin with nearly zero body definition.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Appley - Lost City
    Appley - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm female on female char.

Working at comfy pace. Guilty.
    Lower level armour. Only guilty on cape. Rest of armour I keep top level. I check AH/Stall daily for good eq for both me and my boyfriend. xD

True. I don't really care who's in the squad as long as we have someone who can tank/heal. On my cleric I'm a bit more picky about tank though. Just checking his eq to be sure he can actually tank whatever we're doing.

I sure hope so. I love fashion. b:cute

Not guilty. I always try to be as polite as I can.

Guilty. I'm in no rush to 100. I just want to have fun.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    I've found over nearly 3 years of playing, that every female toon played by a female I've met almost always project todays societies standard in beauty...they're all rail thin with nearly zero body definition.

Really? I see the opposite o_o. Big ****, tiny waist, large hips... rest is rail thin. DX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]