question about buying legendary pet, yes i know, im sorry.

Haaku - Harshlands
Haaku - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Venomancer
ok im starting a veno, yes i looked at the coin vs gold thread blah blah but that is out dated in terms of cost. And since I failled math class when I was in school, I fail at basic math..

NOW that we got that out of the way, with the current gold prices being roughly, 1.2m, how much would it cost me to get one of the legendary pets?

Please do not flame, or troll, yes this is asking alot, but this question is coming from a mathematically impaired man, so bare with me and help me out, thanks b:victory
Post edited by Haaku - Harshlands on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You don't need math to use the search function:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=465032

The formula is given to you there, you just plug in your 1.2m gold price, roughly 22,835, multiply by 9999 SOF/PF and voila, 228m, which is an averaged number. If you go battle pet pack route it could be cheaper. Also, if you find it cheaper than 22.8k per then buy that.

One would be a fool to suggest it's worth nearly 230m for a legendary pet. It costs 10-15m for claw, protect, strong, 15-30m for claw, bless, bloodhunger, bloodthirst, sac, the rest that are useful too. You could easily equip a much better DD pet (I have a 100 herc veno, got my herc for 22m two years ago, also have a 94 veno with the pet you get from killing an Ebony Hellduke at wave breaker that has claw, strong, protect, bash) with legendary skills for a very very small fraction of that.
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    wait so what your saying is, getting a nix / herc isnt really worth it any more? i would be building this veno for PvP, so getting a nix is what I would want.
    edited July 2011
    Stick with the sin for PVP, or go with a psy or wizard, not a veno. With roughly 190 gold out of that, you could easily R8 a wizard or psy (72), have 140m leftover to significantly refine their gear, and with some future farming, could easily shard it with the usual JOSD as well.

Something to consider.
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    your prolly right, im just tring to find something to make me interested in this game again >.> kinda tired of how easy things are, when im able to kill R8 psy, venos, sins, clerics, at lvl 92, theres something wrong with that.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wait so what your saying is, getting a nix / herc isnt really worth it any more? i would be building this veno for PvP, so getting a nix is what I would want.

Well, venos are pretty good in PvP, if you know what you're doing that is. b:chuckle

Nix... idk if mine has a problem, but lets put it this way : His favorite pass time is eating pop corn while hiding in SZ or staying at 60m altitude and watching me get turned into road kill (in fox form trying to amp/purge) by a lvl 100 sin with +12 r9.

So no, nix isn't worth it for what it does and the crazy cost.

Herc... not worth it either. I overpowered my little tabby for about 150m less (gold at 1.2m X 190g average for packs). She's a great tank and is surprisingly close to a herc. Here's a comparison chart:

Herc (lvl 99 buffed [Strong, Protect]

Tabby Plumdrop (lvl 99 buffed [Strong, Protect, Blessing of the Pack])

Physical Defense: 24630 (86%) / 17714 (81%)

Magical Defense: 19703 (83%) / 19323 (82%)

Health Points: 4540 / 3539 (original HP -> 2722)

Note: Notice that I added Blessing of the Pack on Aly for additional HP. If you want to OP a pet, I suggest you use one with more defense and mostly more HP (ie: Armored Bear, Shaodu Cub, walking rock things). That way, you won't need Blessing of the Pack to compensate on the lower HP and you can add skills for agro instead.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    if you want to experience pets without the huge cost, try mystics. theyre good in pvp also, and with healing abilities ^^

but as for the cost, its roughly $200 to get a legendary pet (thats an average, i think most people spend around $180) so, $200 = 200 gold. 200 gold X 1,200,000 (gold price) = 240 mill.

like said above, you can buy the legendary SKILL scrolls for say sale and say, put it on a petite sawfly instead of having a nix. Nix dies so fast in TW and PVP, you will get so frustrated with it, trust me lol.

as for herc, i use it so much, its really helped me a lot. i kind of wish i never got a nix because i never use it now ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
    edited July 2011
    if you want to experience pets without the huge cost, try mystics. theyre good in pvp also, and with healing abilities ^^

but as for the cost, its roughly $200 to get a legendary pet (thats an average, i think most people spend around $180) so, $200 = 200 gold. 200 gold X 1,200,000 (gold price) = 240 mill.

like said above, you can buy the legendary SKILL scrolls for say sale and say, put it on a petite sawfly instead of having a nix. Nix dies so fast in TW and PVP, you will get so frustrated with it, trust me lol.

as for herc, i use it so much, its really helped me a lot. i kind of wish i never got a nix because i never use it now ~_~
    I agree with this. Storm mistress with the long range lightning spell (not hush) = holy **** on [?] bosses. They must not get the level variant reduction either because she was hitting for 6-8k normal damage, and 12-15k with HF.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ...OR you can do what I've done. Tame an Armored Bear (can tame/buy at 80), Kowlin (can tame buy at 60), and a Sawfly (can tame very early; can't remember the exact level), level them up to max in cube/grinding on mobs and you've got yourself a decent tank (Bear), land pvp/puller (Kowlin), and air pvp (Sawfly) pet.

Yes, the Leg pets have their benefits, but you do NOT need them to play this game. My Armored Bear could tank most bosses in FCC at level 85. Kowlin has some very useful pvp pet skills on it. Sawflys can be pretty vicious in TW. I think with the bear you'll have to buy the flesh ream pet scroll, but trust me; it's worth it. Level your pet's skills!

Being a veno in an aps-loving game isn't easy. At all. Being a good veno is harder.
  • Lorann - Raging Tide
    Lorann - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hm.....

I got 9999 SoF's (most of which were converted from PF's) within a week at 10k each (99Mil total)... that was not so long ago and nobody I bought from felt that 10k a piece was too much or too little.

Also getting Strong/protect/bless/reflect scrolls is (regardless of the price) pretty damn hard to do. Sure it's cheaper IF you can find said scrolls...

I've seen venos give even sins a hard time in PvP... and a great deal more venos who are useless but that's not the point lol, maybe I'm wrong but being a GOOD pk veno seems like a challenge and one that will make a veno an interestingly formidable PKer... Not interesting enough for me to goto a PvP server though xD