Thinking of Being Seeker

lamesquiirelel
lamesquiirelel Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Seeker
I tried Perfect world once and all i ended up doing was flying around when i was high ... so i didnt really level but im not this time and was wondering what are the pros and cons of a seeker?
Post edited by lamesquiirelel on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232

Try this, it contains guides and such to help you think about making a seeker ^^.

Have fun!
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    Ashaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So i was thinking of

3 str
    2 dex
    until dex is 160 cause i read that how much you need to wear all armors.
    Than go
    4 str
    1 vit

is that a good build ?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the dex isnt for your armor its for your sword. 7 str 3 dex is the build i have used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Randamu - Harshlands
    Randamu - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree with Escorian. Cap dex at 150 to get the weapon requirement, and perhaps add some vit (till 35 or so). Rest goes into str.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Actually, most people would cap at 160 dex instead, for the extra crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Actually, most people would cap at 160 dex instead, for the extra crit.

So how does vitality work? cause i know some games everytime you level it adds more hp by

vitality x (forgot number).
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Every 1 point in VIT gives your Seeker 15 more HP.

Here's more info on seeker stats per level and points: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Seeker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Every 1 point in VIT gives your Seeker 15 more HP.

Here's more info on seeker stats per level and points: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Seeker

i looked at link and thanks

but does it add 15 more per level??? or just 15 more to total? cause Vitality is a waist if its just 15 more. inless you tanking but it seems like a waist if thats the case.

Adding - i am doing quests and the autopath keeps running into stuff. is that suppose to happen? cuase i noticed the height thing and reach destination and i got confsued
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i looked at link and thanks

but does it add 15 more per level??? or just 15 more to total? cause Vitality is a waist if its just 15 more. inless you tanking but it seems like a waist if thats the case.

Adding - i am doing quests and the autopath keeps running into stuff. is that suppose to happen? cuase i noticed the height thing and reach destination and i got confsued

You get 40 or so HP just by leveling up, and every stat you put in vit gives an extra 15.

The auto-path is ****ed up, it just makes your char run straight ahead to the place you want to go and doesn't care what's in the way, often time a wall or something to make you stop. Those things you yourself have to run around or jump/fly over.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    You get 40 or so HP just by leveling up, and every stat you put in vit gives an extra 15.

The auto-path is ****ed up, it just makes your char run straight ahead to the place you want to go and doesn't care what's in the way, often time a wall or something to make you stop. Those things you yourself have to run around or jump/fly over.

my fly action doesnt work O.o

you get 30 per level

so really vitality is pointless inless your going to be a tank???
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Honestly you don't need Vit in order to tank well. Let's put it this way:

--If you can get gear with high refines = no need to place vit
    --If you can't refine = cap vit between 30-60 or whatever how much you feel you need to tank/survive. IT would really depend on your playstyle.

You would need a flying mount in order to fly. The game gives you one at level 30 as a quest reward. If you want a faster flying mount or a mount now, you may buy at the boutique.
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    okay thanks :D

any tips for leveling
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    okay so i decided on

5str 2vit and 3 dex
    once dex gets to 150 it will change to
    7str 3 vit

but what about skills. should i just level/buy them all or what?
    edited July 2011
    You'll probably end up maxing almost all your skill by endgame, but you'll be limited on coins and spirit earlier in the game, so invest wisely. Check out my stickied guide in the seeker forums if you want a bit of in-depth explanations about the use and importance of the skills. I've color coded them by my suggested priority along with some explanations of each skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    You'll probably end up maxing almost all your skill by endgame, but you'll be limited on coins and spirit earlier in the game, so invest wisely. Check out my stickied guide in the seeker forums if you want a bit of in-depth explanations about the use and importance of the skills. I've color coded them by my suggested priority along with some explanations of each skill.

it gave discreptions of the skills but it didnt really help me decide what to choose
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    honestly, vit is more useful in the early game --- before you can afford to get HP through other means, like really good armor and shards.

i built my seeker 5/3/2 str/dex/vit every 2 levels, until i got to 30 vit. then i realized i wasn't really dying very much, so started doing 3/2 str/dex every level. i'll keep that up until i have enough dex for anything i ever want to do --- probably 160, which means i'll be doing this for a LONG time yet. then after that again, i'll probably buy a reset note and move all my current vit into str --- because by then i'll likely be wearing well-refined and sharded armor, and not need points in vit so much.

but i'm weird, because i level so incredibly slowly. on my seeker i have two different genies that i dump XP into, and i've got them both up to my level. (got useful skills on them both, too.) this lets me level up my own skills higher than i think most seekers my level bother to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited July 2011
    it gave discreptions of the skills but it didnt really help me decide what to choose

You're going to learn nearly all the skills by endgame. There are really no skills that are completely useless -- only skills that benefit you more than others in the earlier parts of the game. I color coded them by importance, so it isn't explicitly stated in words. Refer to the color key I made at the top of the skills section.

In general, try to max the skills in this categorical order:
    -blade/sword mastery
    -adrenal numbness
    -stances
    -power skills such as gemini slash and heart seeker
    -rest of skills based on preference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    You're going to learn nearly all the skills by endgame. There are really no skills that are completely useless -- only skills that benefit you more than others in the earlier parts of the game. I color coded them by importance, so it isn't explicitly stated in words. Refer to the color key I made at the top of the skills section.

In general, try to max the skills in this categorical order:
    -blade/sword mastery
    -adrenal numbness
    -stances
    -power skills such as gemini slash and heart seeker
    -rest of skills based on preference

k thanks
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    -_- im not playing a seeker anymore -_-

my weapon disapeared and i dont know how -_- now i cant even kill anything without dieing -_-

sorry for waisting your time
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    -_- im not playing a seeker anymore -_-

my weapon disapeared and i dont know how -_- now i cant even kill anything without dieing -_-

sorry for waisting your time

Your weapon was time limited. You are level 10. Go to a Blacksmith and buy a new weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
    edited July 2011
    Your weapon was time limited. You are level 10. Go to a Blacksmith and buy a new weapon.

Yeah, I always thought those newly added timed weapons/gear would be pretty confusing for newer players. :/ They should have a popup that tells you about it or have it expire with said popup when the player has reached a certain level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I always thought those newly added timed weapons/gear would be pretty confusing for newer players. :/ They should have a popup that tells you about it or have it expire with said popup when the player has reached a certain level.

honestly this is my opinion on timed weapons

1. It gives experienced players and advantage cause they willnt waist their time as much as a new player.
    2. If something happens and you cant play then you just lost your timed weapon.

For this game

3. They didnt tell say anything about it being timed.
    but ill keep playing since thats the case.

should i buy the 1 sword or the one with 2 swords
    edited July 2011
    honestly this is my opinion on timed weapons

1. It gives experienced players and advantage cause they willnt waist their time as much as a new player.
    2. If something happens and you cant play then you just lost your timed weapon.

For this game

3. They didnt tell say anything about it being timed.
    but ill keep playing since thats the case.

They actually put a time limit in the weapon/gear description; at least I'm certain I noticed one during my seeker's earlier levels. They mentioned the addition in the game updates a while back.

Single sword/blades hit faster, while dual sword/blades can hit harder. Choose whichever style you like better. Eventually, you'll get quest reward weapons that aren't timed and are better than npc weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Single blade. Your skill(s) are in cooldown most of the time, so expect swinging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Single blade. Your skill(s) are in cooldown most of the time, so expect swinging.

...what seeker class are you playing? mine can skill spam quite well, there's usually at least SOME skill cooled down to switch to. once i level up further, that "usually" should turn into "always" as my seeker doesn't have even nearly all the skills yet.

more to the point, the tiny bit of autoattacking when absolutely everything's in cooldown adds only a minuscule amount of the total damage. most of my seeker's DDing is from skills, so i focus on hitting harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    whats cultivation level? i cant learn staggering strike and unfetter cause i need more cultivation

what can i do at level 11 besides quest??? cause i like to do stuff with people. like Instances/Dungeons i dont like playing by myself. if i did i would play Oblivion more often
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    squad stuff dont really start till 40 you will get about 3 squad things before that but besides finding a few random people you wont really get a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    squad stuff dont really start till 40 you will get about 3 squad things before that but besides finding a few random people you wont really get a squad.

okay thanks

what about cultivation?

Thanks everyone that helped :D
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    okay thanks

what about cultivation?

Thanks everyone that helped :D

cultivation are the yellow quests you get do those and you wont have to worry about not being able to learn your spells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Ashaw - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    cultivation are the yellow quests you get do those and you wont have to worry about not being able to learn your spells.
    okay thanks :P where can i find yellow quests??