Mystic's job in squads

Vailynn - Harshlands
Vailynn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Mystic
what are we suppose to do? during bosses or caves or just anything with other ppl and us because i have no ideab:puzzled :( plz help it would be much appreciated :)b:shy
IamMe deal with it ;)b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vailynn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'd suggest taking a look at my guide for an in-depth response, since there are many possible roles. It really depends on what you like to do--mystics have something of a limited ability to fill any role. Passable heals allow you to be a secondary healer--or primary in very limited situations, like bhs where the boss doesn't have any nasty tricks--and plants allow for a variety of decent debuffs, as well as luring. You can also simply be a decent dd with one of the two offensive summons. Try out multiple roles and see which, or what combination, you enjoy most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Depends if cleric is in squad or not. If not then heal with all possible means and give resbuffs to all. If cleric is in squad then help him out if necessary with healing but mainly DD. You can also lure like a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can also lure like a veno.
    Care to explain how? I've found myself having no success luring like a veno.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Care to explain how? I've found myself having no success luring like a veno.

My wifey just sends her Chihyu on a suicide run. b:chuckle It's worked fine so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My wifey just sends her Chihyu on a suicide run. b:chuckle It's worked fine so far.
    Guess I'll try again. What I'm saying is, I have yet to see only one come after me when I recall my Chihyu; they all come after me....
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Guess I'll try again. What I'm saying is, I have yet to see only one come after me when I recall my Chihyu; they all come after me....

By recall do you mean sending it to attack, then using the follow command to send it running back? Cause that would explain why it doesn't work for you. You can send the summon to attack, and let it die which should work just fine anyway. What I usually do is send it to attack(usually storm since she has range), and just as she starts channeling I use a summon skill making her disappear, same effect really. Not like it matters if our summons die lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elfangorr - Archosaur
    Elfangorr - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Sounds like you might be doing what I used to do, which is what VoItaire described, using the command that makes your pet run back to you. As I'm sure you've noticed this brings any mobs attacking your pet with it. If you let your pet die or re-summon it only the mob it attacked will come after you. I've done this several times since I saw another Mystic do it on a BH run (39 I think) and it works well for pulling only one mob.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well if your using the follow command to pull then yea it would pull all the mobs. But the other day I was helping with a bh59 and at qianji I was pulling the boss with my chihyu, my summon only hit the boss, then I resummoned it, and the boss and all the mobs around it came after me. Idk why that happened, especially during a single mob lure, but my only guess is that it glitched some how.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well as level 32 im guessing you mean for when you do BH squads? its hard to keep your mana up when healing a squad primarily (until you can use the 75 pots anyways - or unless you have an mp charm). but, in BH squads, if there isnt a cleric, your main job would be to heal and keep everyone res buffed. just make sure you have some way to keep your MP up.

if there is a cleric, however, then make sure you res buff the cleric at least, but the tank, if not the whole party, is good to do also. you would mainly DD with a cleric in party, depending on how well the cleric does their job... lol.

you should be able to heal in all BHs except FB69 (the last 2 bosses need purify), also depending on how suicidal or not-well geared your party is.

as for luring, yea you can send your pet out and let it die, or if that takes too long then resummon it after it hits the monster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Your rez buff is heaven sent. Yes I know it takes mana, so rez buff the cleric, wait a minute or two, rez buff the next squad mate, wait a minute etc. I have noticed really good Mystics do that in BH runs. As a Veno, I may not get my rez buff untill we are 5- 10 minutes into the run, but that is usually still long before it will most likely be needed.

PW squads value competency and speed. Rez buffs save a ton of time for all by letting the cleric avoid having to drop everything, and take the time to bring the dead player back. So anything you can do to make the run get completed in the least amount of time is appreciated.

Basically rez buff, damage deal, buff/debuffs, and heal when appropriate.

I have noticed Mystics in BH runs who have their pet spawned, but rarely send it in to attack mobs and seem to be using it as a sort of personal body guard in case a random mob targets them. So, don't do that. You don't have to be the first person on a mob, but just pile on whatever the tank is fighting and help bring it down faster.

Venos are also a bit of a jack of all trades role, so I know you just have to be always on the look out for opportunities to use your skills to contribute. So heal when you can. The cleric main task to keep the tank and themselves alive. You can assist by healing other teammates. It depends to on how good the teams cleric is. If they are really good, then you will most likely have little to do healing wise, but if they are less than top notch, there will be ample opportunity to help with heals.

I don't know that much about Mystics various plants and their buff and/or debuffs, but every little bit helps. Maybe not enough to make a huge, "boy wow, that was awesome, thanks" way, but enough to make the run go faster and smoother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • Phalanxia - Sanctuary
    Phalanxia - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As I suspected, I outheal/outperform clerics in my squads.....I think soon I'll get the reputation as the mystic who should be a cleric.
    My heart will always long for you. My heart will always remember you.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As I suspected, I outheal/outperform clerics in my squads.....I think soon I'll get the reputation as the mystic who should be a cleric.

Or the reputation of "mystic who attracts terrible clerics" :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You have 2 choices:
    Let your rez buff at lv 1.
    Buff everyone and say:
    "My rez is lv 1 b:chuckle"
    "How come your rez is lv 1?"
    "Well, if you don't die you wont have to lose exps, will you? So just survive and no problems"
    OR
    Maximize your buff and buff only you and the cleric. Maybe the tank too, as you can hold heals while cleric revives the squishy SoB sin.

If someone do **** and the cleric dies, ask for lead and kick this person.
    Now the role of the mystic:
    - If the barb/tank pulls about 3 mobs use Beffudle creeper to reduce their defense. Lotsa people love that.
    - You can tank magic mobs.
    - If someone somehow do ****, walk to a good position and quickly deliver the Vital Herb.
    - Whenever the cleric is having trouble on healing, cast your break in the clouds to save the squishy sin's life, but avoid getting mobs aggression while doing this.
    - Use beffudle creeper at bosses too, unless the barb says otherwise (because barbs phys def debuff is stronger).
    - Notice that many monsters are imune to the Bramble tornado knock back, buggy game >_<"

How to pull a boss/mob with your pet:

First, buff your self with falling petals, buff the catcher with falling petals too if you desire. Now give your pet attack order on the mob you wanna pull. Let your pet die there and make sure he did damage to the mob you pulling. Since the pet is dead you can summon it again and order him to attack. If you're badass like me, you can even make your pet hit the mob before the mob hits you.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    - Notice that many monsters are imune to the Bramble tornado knock back, buggy game >_<"

That's not a bug. Most elite mobs,(especially the phys attacking ones) were made to not be knocked back.

One thing I do wanna know is how my knockback didn't work on an unbuffed sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sit around and gloat that the squad you joined has received such a blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sit around and gloat that the squad you joined has received such a blessing.

I know, right! Everyone should know how awesome and terrible we are! We can do everything at the same time, it's amazing we even deign to party with our lessors.

But seriously, some mystics really annoy me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!