Best AOE class???

Options
playfullperson11
playfullperson11 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hi. I am new to pwi, and I am looking for a good aoe class. I like aoe classes because I can lvl faster and also kill much mobs. Can somebody tell me some aoe classes so I can pick one.
Post edited by playfullperson11 on

Comments

• Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Every class has good AOE...

I think right now, most-wanted AOE class in squads is Seeker, but their AOE looks super ridiculous.
  • Ghajini_ - Heavens Tear
    Ghajini_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker / Blademaster
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would say if you like melee play a bm or maybe seeker but the seeker aoes are kinda boring...

If you like magic, play psy, aoe stun, aoe immobilise, aoe bleed... They are a fun clasa to play too
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seekers are garbage. Dont bother making one.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Psychic :p
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...really? no one bothered to mention wizards. Its not like we don't hit the hardest, or summon a freeking dragon and wipe squads with little trouble, And have wider aoe's that the other classes

No, No, you're right Seekers and Psys are the only viable aoe classes.
    /sarcasm
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you like grind on lots of mobs solo.. Go hercy veno, seeker or bm.
    Psy, wizz and cleric re good too but before you start you must really good know your class. I saw many psys who said "Yeah i can aoe grind" then i saw them in fcc vs group of mobs. Fail... Barbs can aoe grind too but they killing slower than for example bm..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Every class has good AOE...

I think right now, most-wanted AOE class in squads is Seeker, but their AOE looks super ridiculous.

Actually, Veno AoE is kinda lame. Best AoE I think Wiz/Psy then BM/Archer/Barb, all the rest are less AoE oriented/effective.
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Actually, Veno AoE is kinda lame. Best AoE I think Wiz/Psy then BM/Archer/Barb, all the rest are less AoE oriented/effective.

Bm has the best aoes b:cute
  • //athan - Dreamweaver28
    //athan - Dreamweaver28 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    well, PvE wise, best might be seeker, they can basically solo any pull if they have BP (even without BP might kill mobs fast enough)
    BM can be good, with HF, to make squad kill faster

PvP wise, wiz is the best imo, BT, BIDS and MS do a lot of damages, and they can be kick *** in PvE with DB
    psy is good too

depends what u really want
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would say seeker with bloodpaint would be best if you like lazy mode.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BM. Has the most AoE skills overall of all the classes, except you can't use all of them (you need different weapons for different skills). Axe BM has the most spammable ones with 3 AoEs with short cooldowns (4 if you include non damaging AoE stun) and no chi needed, except they do not hit as hard as a Wizard.
    Also have a massive AoE 5 second stun.

Wizards have the hardest hitting and the largest AoEs. They are not as spammable as BMs though (Have big chi costs). Only class with a GOOD SUSTAINED AoE (Dragons Breath) i.e. Constantly hits surrounding enemies and drains mana every 3 seconds. Seeker and Archer have sustained AoE as well but they don't have the mana pool/regen to keep it up properly without paying for pots/charm.

In PvP Wizard AoEs are the best because spike/burst damage is what wins fights.

It's a toss up between BM, Seeker and Wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Samwen - Lost City
    Samwen - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm suprised nobody mentioned clerics. Although downside is clerics usually only grind on one specific type of mobs. e.g. poison mobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZeyF73iW8

Clerics don't really aoe grind till 60s - 70s though. :(

Otherwise, I suggest bm for cheaper aoe grinding and get a sin friend to buff you.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Definitely Seeker and BM, but if your looking for a decent caster with semi OK AOE's I'd say Psychic.
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am a seeker and we have a plenty of AoEs.

Although the guy that deals more damage to an area is the Psychic.

Psychics has a AoE badassdamage + stun (earth vector), badass aoe with accuracy debuff, badass aoe with mass imobilize (low chance) and a AoE attack which does massive damage and has a chance to deal a **** massive AoE bleeding.

This, answers your question?
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I play all the classes at the moment, but my favorite for AoE grinding is wizard. I put Expel on her genie so now she can round up big groups of phys mobs, set up Dragon's Breath and Expel once to minimize the damage. She kills them much faster than my BM, who is my second favorite for AoE grinding. Psy has good AoEs, but you can't AoE large groups of phys mobs because they are too squishy, and Expel won't work without a stand-alone AoE skill like DB. So they are a bit more limited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hardly. There are only 2 fast ones you can spam. Spamming Gemini is hardly piratical if not straight out impossible, with all the attacks interrupting, if BA isn't ready. AoE-ing on my Seeker was painful. I was stuck spamming just 2 AoEs and running around waiting for them to cooldown, all that to build up chi just to zhen one group of mobs then start all over again. With many mobs on you, it's even hard to cast Vortex w/o BA, so saving BA for vortex, Gemini's out of the question of even using. It was just quite painful after playing a BM for so long.

Psy has good AoEs, but you can't AoE large groups of phys mobs because they are too squishy, and Expel won't work without a stand-alone AoE skill like DB. So they are a bit more limited.
    Umm Psy's Will? If anything, they can grind even better than Wiz since 30 second cooldown on it probably is faster than most genie can recharge Expel.
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Although the guy that deals more damage to an area is the Psychic.

Psychics has a AoE badassdamage + stun (earth vector), badass aoe with accuracy debuff, badass aoe with mass imobilize (low chance) and a AoE attack which does massive damage and has a chance to deal a **** massive AoE bleeding.

This, answers your question?

Lv 10 Red Tide with good refines can deal amazing bleed equal to your soulforce 80% of the time. Along with that, our AOE's can root, stun, blind, slow, and eventually decrease APS by 30%. They don't have the same range as a wizzie, and probably do a bit less damage (we make up for it with fast casting kinda) but can be really fun to play.

I wanna see if this combo would have some uses lol:

Crystal Light -> Red Tide -> Earth Vector -> Glacial Shards -> Psychic Will -> Aqua Cannon

I wonder if anything can live thru that.
  • dreadbcool
    dreadbcool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I took a bm. I checked out the skills on etacomb.com and I look at everybody skills. I took everybody's advice, but some I did not take. I thank you for all your advice.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Definitely Seeker and BM, but if your looking for a decent caster with semi OK AOE's I'd say Psychic.

I can't decide which is bigger: your character's **** or her eyeballs.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can any other class round up ~50 VoS mobs at a time and 1 shot aoe them w/o getting touched besides a veno?

I really don't believe there's any best AoE class. They also seem great at it in their own ways. Out of the 4 classes I play; I prefer veno for AoE grind. Wiz are painfully slow moving, gaining chi, and ch/casting. Assassins are painfully squishy for requiring melee range.

The best AoE I've seen in FF was by Barbarians who could round up every mob in site and 1 or 2 hit kill them. -Definitely one of the most undervalued / underexploited classes.