Rant about the new EU servers [Thanks a lot, PWI. -_-]

Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
When I heard that PWI had released x2 new European based servers, I got really excited. I've been playing for two years now (haven't played MUCH for the last year) - I quit mainly due to obscene TW/event times and lag and other stuff that I can't be bothered to list.

When I read that the two clients were in French/Dutch, that kinda p*ssed me off. I was looking forward to starting a new char and getting it up to a really high level and stuff all through ENGLISH. As the majority of the people on these servers will speak their respective languages, a lot of English speaking players who don't speak those languages will probably be offput by them and won't bother to join, thereby hugely reducing the population of said servers. What fun is a server to play on if it has no people to play with?

Why can't we just have a European based, English speaking server. I want to be able to play with people from all over Europe who speak English (arguably the most spoken language), make people rage over WC through English, team up with English speaking
players, and so on.

If it said 'En' next to the new server's name if it were to be introduced, I've no doubts that it'd have a huge popularity as it'd be the definitive European server to play on. More players = more money for you, so why didn't you both to include this in the update? Why didn't you just make an English PvE server and and English PvP server? Both based in Europe, of course. Hell, you could've added clients for foreign languages but at least the primary language of those servers would be ENGLISH.

Not at all happy with these servers like a lot of other people. I made this topic just to let off steam and hopefully get a response from the mods but if that doesn't happen then oh well, I've made my point.

Rant over...for now. b:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    it says something like "English, French, German welcome" on the new server update thingie when you load PW... I think they meant "german/french speaking english are welcome"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    it says something like "English, French, German welcome" on the new server update thingie when you load PW... I think they meant "german/french speaking english are welcome"

No, they were including the current US servers as well.
  • neksta
    neksta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I just wanted to add to this...i have started a character on the French server due to reading the news feed which did say European players were welcome on those servers, I'm from Ireland so i thought moving to these new servers would be a good idea. However now I'm
    really not that sure, would it be possible to add a third English EU server?
    After joining the french server and spending a limited amount of time running around with other low levels i do feel quite unwelcome a few players have told me to leave server due to me not being french as well as assuming I was american (OK i am slightly patriotic ;) i do love being Irish) its not enough to make me quit the server but its enough to put me off talking to those i see talking in English about in case we do get ranted at in a language i don't understand, which is quite rude ;).
    I hope that other players will raise this issue and i hope that the staff will take my request of an english european server seriously.
    Thanks,

Punamera
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Like I said at another thread before, this is a HUGE PWI FAIL!!!!!!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13908411&postcount
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I thought American was the official language of Europe n_n
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Even American language European based servers would be better than this current load of
    toss! b:irritated

Why couldn't there have just been two European servers, both English speaking, one PvE, one PvP? That would've been a much better update. I mean, you (PWI) would've got a lot of new players by doing that, and as a result, a lot of new paying customers. I really don't get why this was done in the first place. Out of everybody in Europe, the percentage of people that speak French/Dutch in comparison to the percentage of English speakers is absolutely tiny.

Fix it please PWI and I guarantee you'll make at least one person very, very happy. b:victory
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011

errrrrr WTF! o_O

American is not a language is a native from USA........ you have English UK speakers and English USA speakers. So the language is English.

Each European country has settled his own language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The Clients are available in English as well.. Read the news post before you QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The Clients are available in English as well.. Read the news post before you QQ.

Ahem...
    When I read that the two clients were in French/Dutch...

I think he read that already...

I hope that was a joke... if it wasn't, you remind me of this person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011

You don't understand it right?

Plase don't troll you are the one who just need to read before post.

Yeah we know that the clients are in English but FYI:

All systems msg ( Red ones ) are in fre/ger
    GM's talks in System msg in fre/ger.
    Fre/Ger are allowed as official language in those servers......

EU- server with English clients just allows you to read your quest in English.

Guess what? How many more time the players are going to keep typing in English if they all have their mates, quests, npcs, systems msg, wc...... talking/ speaking fre/ger because they have a fre/ger servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You don't understand it right?

Plase don't troll you are the one who just need to read before post.

Yeah we know that the clients are in English but FYI:

All systems msg ( Red ones ) are in fre/ger
    GM's talks in System msg in fre/ger.
    Fre/Ger are allowed as official language in those servers......

EU- server with English clients just allows you to read your quest in English.

Guess what? How many more time the players are going to keep typing in English if they all have their mates, quests, npcs, systems msg, wc...... talking/ speaking fre/ger because they have a fre/ger servers?

Alot of us down here arn't having any probs, we got a good guild going down here with americans and EU players, any red announcements arnt a problem as most of them are useless or we already know what they are anyway.

Besides, there's still some red text anouncements going up in english.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Alot of us down here arn't having any probs, we got a good guild going down here with americans and EU players, any red announcements arnt a problem as most of them are useless or we already know what they are anyway.

And that sounds really nice, but as far as I understand you moved to this new server with friends from old servers.

Other players are also posting abouth they have English client but the players on the servers are posting in fre/ger because it is allowed, and i'm not flaming about it, but no one can really force those players to speak in English, it comes from a courtesy, respect and education.

PWI souldn't called this new servers EURO-server because those does not represent the complete European Zone, at some way they lowered it at 2 countries, here comes the frustration from anothers Euro players.

And also 2 PvE servers................

The servers are just opens, let see what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    anyone else noticed that the "EU" servers are physicaly in USA? so if you think you gona have less lag, just wait till gets more populated.... if that gona hapen anyway
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I can confirm similar experience on the German server, except we have no real World Chat (if any at all), and the system messages are translated by those who know the language...

Oh, and the biggest gig so far is that no one sells gold yet, yet too many want it for 100k b:surrender
  • Antron - Dreamweaver_1346636290
    edited July 2011
    anyone else noticed that the "EU" servers are physicaly in USA? so if you think you gona have less lag, just wait till gets more populated.... if that gona hapen anyway

The new servers are actually in Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    The servers are just opens, let see what happens.[/QUOTE]
    The new servers are actually in Amsterdam (The Netherlands).

who said that? trace them and you will see,
    pwieu2.de.perfectworld.eu
    pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hell, I'd play a Dutch server. Dutch is hysterical for German-English speakers. Dutch sounds like German and English just had too much tequila, spent a night together, and Dutch is the kid that resulted from it.

Vierteen....lolz.
    Straat....Lolololololol.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The servers are just opens, let see what happens.

who said that? trace them and you will see,
    pwieu2.de.perfectworld.eu
    pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu

These two new servers are located in Amsterdam (The Netherlands), and their location will prove to be a really great thing for many current and new players.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=280931
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    French people asked a french (PvP *cough*) server for them and some people from EU too.
    But the problem is, when I speak in french on the wc, sometimes, someone tell me to speak english or to Gtfo... try to guess why we say that on this server?

then, the red texts are in english with the english client.... oh and btw, atm there's a bit more english people on the server...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    French people asked a french (PvP *cough*) server for them and some people from EU too.
    But the problem is, when I speak in french on the wc, sometimes, someone tell me to speak english or to Gtfo... try to guess why we say that on this server?

then, the red texts are in english with the english client.... oh and btw, atm there's a bit more english people on the server...

Not to side with one faction or another on this issue, but is the proper response to rude treatment really to treat them rudely back? Ignore the ones who complain and move on, you won't please everybody. Conversely, learn to allow others to do what they want within the rules of the game. Don't let your past experience cloud your future judgment.b:bye
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Not to side with one faction or another on this issue, but is the proper response to rude treatment really to treat them rudely back? Ignore the ones who complain and move on, you won't please everybody. Conversely, learn to allow others to do what they want within the rules of the game. Don't let your past experience cloud your future judgment.b:bye

actually, I dont care if they join this server. Now, we will have Fr vs EN TW wars... It will be fun =D
    and I wrote that for the players that PMed that... I'm far to be like that... >.<;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    These two new servers are located in Amsterdam (The Netherlands), and their location will prove to be a really great thing for many current and new players.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=280931

that is what they say, fact is this

connected to german server

[elementclient.exe]
    TCP 192.168.0.200:52288 69.174.40.88:29000 ESTABLISHED

proof

http://aruljohn.com/track.pl?host=69.174.40.88
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    that is what they say, fact is this

connected to german server

[elementclient.exe]
    TCP 192.168.0.200:52288 69.174.40.88:29000 ESTABLISHED

proof

http://aruljohn.com/track.pl?host=69.174.40.88

i am curios to official answer to this coz sound like other 2 server isnt eu server, only us server with eu timezone,if this true and dont happen smthng.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Guys don't worry. Those servers will be totally overrun by English speaking Europeans. On the German server I have not yet heard a single person speaking in German. All world and local chats have been in English. Even the French and German people will start communicating in English as they will become a minority.

So yea, they are English language servers.

Silly of the GMs to make the system messages etc non English as most people will not be understanding the messages clearly......
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Silly of the GMs to make the system messages etc non English as most people will not be understanding the messages clearly......

If you access those servers via the English client, system messages are in English.

With regards to those geolocation results, I did a traceroute to the French server via a cmd.exe window as well as via traceroute web pages.

Last discernable hops were from the Netherlands.

My pings to Lothranis is generally half of that to Dreamweaver. I've had it as low as 78 ms which i've never been able to achieve with Dreamweaver.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    errrrrr WTF! o_O

American is not a language is a native from USA........ you have English UK speakers and English USA speakers. So the language is English.

u speak lies

all europe should speak american b:thanks

trolololololoolololol
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Somewhere i have the faint feeling the IP Adress Gorwulf traced is a temp one.

According to this site PWC Has set up shop in Netherlands capital.

Another Job site is even Advertising and reqruiting new people to take a job at said EU HQ of PW.

Doing a small and simple "Perfect world EU server amsterdam" search in google gave me this result On the right is clearly an adress that is located in NL, amsterdam.
    Clicking on the geo map will give you a street view and eventhough, ironically, the PW HQ is marked as a piece of grass, the building behind it on the top has a blodgy image of red letters.

This might be a farfetched idea but to me it sounds like PWC is taking 6 steps at a time without actually staffing the buildings they shoot out of the ground.
    without staff to run the newly found HQ + servers, USA is temporairily hoasting the EU severs untill the newly formed EU staff in Amsterdam can take over?
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    u speak lies

all europe should speak american b:thanks

trolololololoolololol

Who called me?
    Idiot.
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Somewhere i have the faint feeling the IP Adress Gorwulf traced is a temp one.

According to this site PWC Has set up shop in Netherlands capital.

Another Job site is even Advertising and reqruiting new people to take a job at said EU HQ of PW.

Doing a small and simple "Perfect world EU server amsterdam" search in google gave me this result On the right is clearly an adress that is located in NL, amsterdam.
    Clicking on the geo map will give you a street view and eventhough, ironically, the PW HQ is marked as a piece of grass, the building behind it on the top has a blodgy image of red letters.

This might be a farfetched idea but to me it sounds like PWC is taking 6 steps at a time without actually staffing the buildings they shoot out of the ground.
    without staff to run the newly found HQ + servers, USA is temporairily hoasting the EU severs untill the newly formed EU staff in Amsterdam can take over?

yea im hoping is a temp server, just was poiting that right now the european server are hosted in USA, and nobody from PWE said it, but it doesnt realy surprise me since we talking about PWE... but well lets see what happens in the future
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    errrrrr WTF! o_O

Lol, tell that to Spain. They have at least 4 "official" languages, and none of them is called "Spanish".