Scammer asked for plvl

Options
kelo121
kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
yesterday a friend of mine decided to open a plvl service
til now he has plvl-ed like around 2 ppl
but hours ago someone asked him to plvl for 2 hours
after two hours,the guy disappeared(logged off)
without paying or even coming back
so will this scammer guy get banned?
Post edited by kelo121 on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Here's a tip for your friend: charge by the hour, with the hour paid for up front.

I doubt anything will happen to that person since all he did was waste your friend's time, not actually steal anything from him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo121
    kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Here's a tip for your friend: charge by the hour, with the hour paid for up front.

I doubt anything will happen to that person since all he did was waste your friend's time, not actually steal anything from him.

its also a waste of yuanxiaos
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why would he get banned? He didn't break ToS. You shouldn't trust anyone in game and get payment first...
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    there are no prove, its not possible. this is the weakness of law, no prove, no justice.

do what i do:

get payment before u do frost, if they refuse to pay, then tell them to ** OFF, u have plenty of customers that wil buy yor frosts out there.

any other questions, ask me here, i am the best frost seller with good reputation on LC.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    kelo121 wrote: »
    its also a waste of yuanxiaos
    At least it wasn't a waste of crab meat. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ask for half the payment first..then do it..then ask for the second half of the payment afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Technically speaking, the player hasn't broken any ToS rules. He didn't respect an agreement he made with another player, but there are no proofs that the agreement was made in he first place. Regardless, its not a bannable offense.

In the future, your friend should either charge up front, or as others suggested, pay for every hour/half hour that has passed.

Nothing is guaranteed with power leveling, your friend should just learn from this experience.
  • lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I hope your friend doesnt let people "try on" fashion or "test drive" mounts before he/she sells them.

Hate to say it but you dont trust anybody ingame where coin is concerned. Get it up front or send them on their way.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Do what I do when people buy from you. Charge it by the length they want to go in frost

If they want to go to big room - charge before you activate heads. This way if they don't pay you can kick them and sell off the heads to make some sort of profit from it.
    If they want to go to the final boss (holeen) - charge before heads, then again before holeen. This way you can get at least half payment for the run from the heads, and if they decide to try and not pay you at holeen you can kick them and just world chat the cleared frost to those who need to turn in their tokens for the chest.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    no offense but i hope this will happen often so this whole plvl **** ends and people start to play the dam game or they start to farm indeed of charging for lvling noobs
    and dont come here with an argument that you have a lvl 100 and you have the right to have 10x lvl100 chars beacuase you have one already
    plain bs
    if you wanna have more 100s work for it
  • LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If I were to to start FC runs for some1 i rather take the money 1st then do the run -.-
    And no i dont mean take the money then leave -.-
    I mean Pay up Then do the run.
    I aint a scammer or a noob or anything i keep my words true....Only after i refine my gears and get a better gear -.- then i can help do FC Runs
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fred12121 wrote: »
    no offense but i hope this will happen often so this whole plvl **** ends and people start to play the dam game or they start to farm indeed of charging for lvling noobs
    and dont come here with an argument that you have a lvl 100 and you have the right to have 10x lvl100 chars beacuase you have one already
    plain bs
    if you wanna have more 100s work for it

Level how you want, don't worry about whether others are "working" for their levels.

From the sounds of it, OP's friend was a cleric healing at pirates, not soloing FC. And dear god, I have no idea how anyone could stomach that. You couldn't pay me enough to cover the sheer boredom from playing babysitter at that preschool playground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Level how you want, don't worry about whether others are "working" for their levels.

From the sounds of it, OP's friend was a cleric healing at pirates, not soloing FC. And dear god, I have no idea how anyone could stomach that. You couldn't pay me enough to cover the sheer boredom from playing babysitter at that preschool playground.

/healmacro
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Here is 200 mil, now go heal my lvl 6 wizard as he kills lvl 100 mobs :D
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Here is 200 mil, now go heal my lvl 6 wizard as he kills lvl 100 mobs :D

Pffffft. Full R9 or no deal! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]