Fc pull quesiton

Yuniryu - Raging Tide
Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Seeker
Hello i am level 96 seeker. I noticed i can do all full pulls except the ones after the bishop boss. I got 6.1k hp, i have tried everything. I am crabbing constaly, , i have tried timming my runs and holy paths, but i take so much damage. I dont have the speed or defence to make it all the way for the full pull. I really dont know what else to do. I even tried using that app 75 pot to reduce physical and magical..I tried using gem fortress for 40 defense levels too and that all failed.

:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Yuniryu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Are you useing up all your speed buf long before end of pull?

I would save mine until midways on the way back from end of hall. If you are useing it all up before that is.

Little more detail
    re
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Are you useing up all your speed buf long before end of pull?

I would save mine until midways on the way back from end of hall. If you are useing it all up before that is.

Little more detail

Bascially i would collect monsters then walk into the area where shade is, then i boost down the hall while spamming crabs. Then comes my problem when i get to the door i tend to holy path xD then turn then holy and have no speed boost left then die.

My problem is i cant xD walk to the end without boost at least once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can you holy path twice in a row? That is pretty important when pulling, especially on the large pulls
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Can you holy path twice in a row? That is pretty important when pulling, especially on the large pulls

Yes i can i got 50 magic genie and 149 vit :O. But even if a use 2 holys in a row wont i run out of speed. Thats means i got to walk to the end of the door, but my problem is i cant tank that many monsters all the way to the door. Even with 40 defense levels + cleric buffs + bm buffs. Something is wrong, i am trying to find out what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Hmm is a bit strange, I was always able to -none buffed run- from bishop boss to the next door, and back with just crab meats. Then once to door I would use unfetter, until in the door way to next boss room, then holypath 2xs to my target.
    re
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Hmm is a bit strange, I was always able to -none buffed run- from bishop boss to the next door, and back with just crab meats. Then once to door I would use unfetter, until in the door way to next boss room, then holypath 2xs to my target.

hmm strange. You dont use pots or anything like from appho?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    try windshield on genie
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    brent40 wrote: »
    try windshield on genie

Acually i may found a solution. XD I simply need to continue pressing crabs without pause..while walking to the door. If i live till then the rest is easy xD.

:D i will get windshield too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    after bishop boss? so thats before runewolf (slash boss) right? are u dying at the shade part with 2 bishops?
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You could also try using charger orbs, they make pulling a breeze. They increase speed by 200% for 15 seconds, but they're sort of expensive as far as apo goes. Aside from that, I can only say get a better genie so you can do hp>seeker-run-skill>hp>hp.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    after bishop boss? so thats before runewolf (slash boss) right? are u dying at the shade part with 2 bishops?

No no although thats when i am beginning to lose my hp. Its really after i get down the slope after passing the point of where the shades are to the next harpy. All i know is i am suppose to surive and crab till i get to the end of hallway where the door is, then boost.b:shocked.

Better genie?

My genis has level 10 holy path xD and 149 Energy xD although its level 85.

Why should i bother full pulling anyways, i always die ; /. I died 8 times, to scared now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    ok. . do u mean that shades are already dead before u do the pulls? sorry im getting confused by the - "when i am beginning to lose my hp. Its really after i get down the slope after passing the point of where the shades are to the next harpy." . .
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    ok. . do u mean that shades are already dead before u do the pulls? sorry im getting confused by the - "when i am beginning to lose my hp. Its really after i get down the slope after passing the point of where the shades are to the next harpy." . .

Okay you know after the bishop boss is dead. Well what i usually do is pull the monsters in that room then run out turn left , then continue going straight towards the room where the shades and bishops usually are. They are dead by that point. What my problem is after that point the monstes catch up with me as i go down the slope. As i continue going straight towards the dead end where the door is, my hp is dropping like a stone and then i am dead. That is why i have been boosting, but that fails too cause then i run of speed boost from seeker boost or holy path. However noticed yesterday when i did half pull of that, by xD continue to use crabs without pause after cooldown i managed to live. But thats half pull.

I dont know whether to try again for 9th time lucky or franky just accept i cant do it. I am tired of causing 8 squad wipes.b:cry

I should of done a video xD then you can see how i fail.

Right now i feel like the most fail seeker on raging tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    mmm, my suggestion would be to split that pull into 2 smaller pulls.. if i understand it right, u are trying to outrun mobs up to the bishop-shade, but when they catch up ul lose hp faster. so from bishop boss, all the mobs u are pulling should be dead at shade, so when u run down the slope ur back at square1.. always get a bloodpaint when u do pulls.. it helps a lot when u think ur hp can't handle the mobs, just - star protection> blade affinity > vortex, bp will heal u through..
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    mmm, my suggestion would be to split that pull into 2 smaller pulls.. if i understand it right, u are trying to outrun mobs up to the bishop-shade, but when they catch up ul lose hp faster. so from bishop boss, all the mobs u are pulling should be dead at shade, so when u run down the slope ur back at square1.. always get a bloodpaint when u do pulls.. it helps a lot when u think ur hp can't handle the mobs, just - star protection> blade affinity > vortex, bp will heal u through..

:D cool thanks. Yeah i prefer half pulls for that pull. Anyways whats star protection?b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    aww dont feel like that. Its really just a tough spot. If I had a clearer picture of whats going on I could suggest better for you.

Whats your pdef? And what gears/ HP etc etc?
    re
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    maybe u have really crapy gear and max str build, cause i personaly had lot of vit points (i think near 70)when i was on 80thies and pattack mob pulls were really easy. i probably had charm also. i was abel to use i think 3 holys at this pull.

well there is one pretty good base apoth item Uneven Training (increases pdef by80% and lowers mag def by 80%) lasts 30 sec
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    maybe u have really crapy gear and max str build, cause i personaly had lot of vit points (i think near 70)when i was on 80thies and pattack mob pulls were really easy. i probably had charm also. i was abel to use i think 3 holys at this pull.

well there is one pretty good base apoth item Uneven Training (increases pdef by80% and lowers mag def by 80%) lasts 30 sec

Nah i dont have max str build. I have like 50 vit. My hp is 6.1k. When i get home i will show the gear i have. I do know i dont have tt90 top and still wearing that mold 79 top because cant afford tt90 top right now. Plus i wanted to save up for rank 6 and higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I believe you are able to do this pull. You just need more practice in timing your speed :) Try this:

1.) (Ok, so bishops and shades are dead so now you have to pull.) Starting from the right side run normally, get the two groups of mobs and the lone mob walking back and forth. Still running normally, run up the slope.

2.) Once you make contact with that group of mobs up the slope use one holy path. That should get you near the slope leading you to the next room.

3.) Now, run normally up the slope in the middle. Even though you ran through the middle, you will still aggro the groups of mobs located at the left and right side of the room.

4.) Continue running normally at the middle towards down the slope. The mobs will hit you so crab as necessary. Once you get down the slope, switch from the middle to the left side of the hallway. Run alongside the left side of the hallway until you reach the last group of mobs.

4.) Once you aggro the last group, hit Unfetter and make a swift U-Turn. (You should be able to avoid the mobs from hitting you with this U-turn, but it might take some practice before you perfect it so if they do hit you, crab as necessary.)

5.) Run until the slope leading to the slashboss. Once you are midway of that slope, holy path twice towards the last group of mobs. (Don't forget to aggro the mobs at the left side of the slash boss room.)

6.) Hit dew of star protection,blade affinity and vortex OR vortex then expel. Remember to always have BP. :)
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    I believe you are able to do this pull. You just need more practice in timing your speed :) Try this:

1.) (Ok, so bishops and shades are dead so now you have to pull.) Starting from the right side run normally, get the two groups of mobs and the lone mob walking back and forth. Still running normally, run up the slope.

2.) Once you make contact with that group of mobs up the slope use one holy path. That should get you near the slope leading you to the next room.

3.) Now, run normally up the slope in the middle. Even though you ran through the middle, you will still aggro the groups of mobs located at the left and right side of the room.

4.) Continue running normally at the middle towards down the slope. The mobs will hit you so crab as necessary. Once you get down the slope, switch from the middle to the left side of the hallway. Run alongside the left side of the hallway until you reach the last group of mobs.

4.) Once you aggro the last group, hit Unfetter and make a swift U-Turn. (You should be able to avoid the mobs from hitting you with this U-turn, but it might take some practice before you perfect it so if they do hit you, crab as necessary.)

5.) Run until the slope leading to the slashboss. Once you are midway of that slope, holy path twice towards the last group of mobs. (Don't forget to aggro the mobs at the left side of the slash boss room.)

6.) Hit dew of star protection,blade affinity and vortex OR vortex then expel. Remember to always have BP. :)

Cool i will try this. Anyways here is my character defence and health and gear. http://pwcalc.com/f26a7545116848e3b:surrender. Wait expel works in voreteX?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Impulse - Heavens Tear
    _Impulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes it does b:victory
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can't believe I said use holy path twice then vortex and expel. lol, I forgot you won't have enough energy to cast expel after using HP twice so just stick with dew of star of protection + blade affinity + vortex or have someone cast expel on you after you vortex :D

On another note, you are able to do this pull with your current gear. Good luck! :)
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    I can't believe I said use holy path twice then vortex and expel. lol, I forgot you won't have enough energy to cast expel after using HP twice so just stick with dew of star of protection + blade affinity + vortex or have someone cast expel on you after you vortex :D

On another note, you are able to do this pull with your current gear. Good luck! :)

Cool just down to me then XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Another thing you have to be careful about, looking at your gear...

Now, granted, this is rare, but since you have the zerk sword, you can potentially zerk yourself to death on that pull too. I did it about 5 times, where I get all the mobs and set up vortex, then enough of the hits zerk to tick my charm AND eat my hp down to nothing, where a single mob can kill me b:surrender

Nothing you can really do besides change weapon, but yeah... thats another issue you could face on that pull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    :D i will bear that in mind. Oh by the way when you mean dew of protection. Do you mean A). I buy it since i dont have level 5 appho B). Do i use at the end of the pull or during it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Towards the end of the pull. To be honest, Dew is not required, level 4/5 apoth that reduces physical damage only will do (and cheaper), dew imo is wasted because in that pull there are only physical mobs.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Died again. grrr. Its that slope, the monsters keep catching up. Do i need charm or something the crabs arent working. They are hitting me faster then crabs, i cant run, cause if i run, i run out of holy and speed booost and same result. I am at my witts end i think i am going to stop trying to do full pull like a barb its not working. If no one accepts i cant this , i wont squad with them, i have fricken tried. I have died 10 times, surely thats a sign, i am fail at large the end.

:3 edit. Gotten xD 97 top dunno if that helps but i will continue to pull but i really cant large pulls. Thanks guys for helping maybe one day i can do it.

But right now i dont think i can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    That slope causes me to rubberband too many times b:surrender.

Not to discourage you, but do you really need to do the full pull? Back when I did FC often to get to 100 and after realizing how laggy my PC (it's really old...) got from the mass amount of mobs, I decided to stop doing it and just not advertise myself as a puller. Most of the people I ran with friended me and didn't mind that I did two consecutive pulls for that hall. Basically, I would have full chi, pull to middle of shade room, vortex, cancel, continue the rest of pull to slasher's room, and vortex there. Some people hyper half the run at late 90s, anyways.

Either they can spend hours searching for a barb or other puller or just deal with a small reduction in exp gain. IMO, a completed and functional FC is better than wasting precious playtime. I've always been honest, saying that I couldn't do the double north hall pull because my PC gets laggy. No one I squadded with ever complained because they wanted to make good use of their playtime. They even went to the point where they never bothered looking for a barb after the first tele b:shocked. Sometimes, I got pm'd to be a puller. You get the most exp from the heads room, anyways, and that pull is a lot easier.

I've been able to do the double hall pull on my barb more easily, and even with my PC getting as laggy as it does, his constant speed boost and high HP, is what enables me to do it. I just accepted the fact that I'd be wasting my time trying to do the double hall pull on my seeker after experiencing the slope rubberbanding too many times. A charm does help, but if your PC is like mine, you get dragged backwards and get hit too many times when you're not supposed to b:sweat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    That slope causes me to rubberband too many times b:surrender.

Not to discourage you, but do you really need to do the full pull? Back when I did FC often to get to 100 and after realizing how laggy my PC (it's really old...) got from the mass amount of mobs, I decided to stop doing it and just not advertise myself as a puller. Most of the people I ran with friended me and didn't mind that I did two consecutive pulls for that hall. Basically, I would have full chi, pull to middle of shade room, vortex, cancel, continue the rest of pull to slasher's room, and vortex there. Some people hyper half the run at late 90s, anyways.

Either they can spend hours searching for a barb or other puller or just deal with a small reduction in exp gain. IMO, a completed and functional FC is better than wasting precious playtime. I've always been honest, saying that I couldn't do the double north hall pull because my PC gets laggy. No one I squadded with ever complained because they wanted to make good use of their playtime. They even went to the point where they never bothered looking for a barb after the first tele b:shocked. Sometimes, I got pm'd to be a puller. You get the most exp from the heads room, anyways, and that pull is a lot easier.

I've been able to do the double hall pull on my barb more easily, and even with my PC getting as laggy as it does, his constant speed boost and high HP, is what enables me to do it. I just accepted the fact that I'd be wasting my time trying to do the double hall pull on my seeker after experiencing the slope rubberbanding too many times. A charm does help, but if your PC is like mine, you get dragged backwards and get hit too many times when you're not supposed to b:sweat.

Yeah same thing happens to me. That must be it. Anyways yeah forget full, i tried. Other then spending my whole farming herbs for pots i dont think i should bother or wehther its possible. reduced exp gain? When i do half pulls its only like a few secs between the next pull, if people cant wait for like 20secs then not my fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]