New Servers Names

LadyMara - Raging Tide
LadyMara - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
So someone took the time to take my names on both the new servers. I'm officially stating here and now that I do not have this character name on either of the new servers. If you want to talk to the real me I am in Raging Tides only.
Don't just survive, live to thrive!
Post edited by LadyMara - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    LOL, wow. That's rude much. Sorry to hear that.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Names are shared within Name Banks. Not sure if either of the new servers share a name bank with other servers... so that could be your problem.

What I mean by Name bank is ... several of the servers share the username storage place, so you can't make the name on ALL servers, only a few. That could be your problem. *nodnod*

Also, helping to avoid this issue would be to come up with a unique name. Not saying that yours isn't, but to anyone trying to land silly popular name from popular shows, movies, real life, and the gaming world, you're probably not gonna end up with one of those names even on a new server. Thats why I try to pick names that I know no one else would think to take. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • LadyMara - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Ya, the only thing i can think of is someone is lame enough to go so low as to take my character name to try to dishonor it leaving me no choice but to make an official statement.

I was able to get one of my other character names on the new servers so I know it's not the same name bank for the new servers.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    The new servers actually share a name bank. Thus, if your name was taken on one server, it will be unavailable on the other. Sorry for the inconvenience.b:bye
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As strange as this may seem, it might be a coincidence. Putting "Lady" in front of a name is very common (assuming that your forum name is the one you're talking about). I usually have a hard time finding names that aren't taken.

EDIT: KrittyCat ninja'ed me.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    I beat you to it, Kritty =P But thanks for a more official response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • LadyMara - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    So the two new servers share a name bank with each other then. But not with the older servers then.

Well still the character name LadyMara on either of the new servers is not me, just wanted to let everyone that knows me know that.
  • cantfindanamewtf
    cantfindanamewtf Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The new servers actually share a name bank. Thus, if your name was taken on one server, it will be unavailable on the other. Sorry for the inconvenience.b:bye

By that do you mean if I have a character on the older servers , then I go to one of the new servers I can't re use that name? If that is what you mean that you are wrong. I happened to have tried this on Sanctuary with the name 'Love' Unavailable. Went on to Lothranis tried the name 'Love' and it worked.
  • LadyMara - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    By that do you mean if I have a character on the older servers , then I go to one of the new servers I can't re use that name? If that is what you mean that you are wrong. I happened to have tried this on Sanctuary with the name 'Love' Unavailable. Went on to Lothranis tried the name 'Love' and it worked.

I think he ment that the two new servers share a name bank between the two of them and not with the older servers.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

there may be an account username bank, but there isnt a character name bank. I have a SashaGray on HT, LC and momagnon. unless none of those servers share a name bank.

also, the new icon for the plat HP charms is hilarious, and the reason for its change is made even more obvious by the fact that the plat MP charm icon wasnt changed. welcome new german friends b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I created a character on 1 of the new servers with the name my alt has and it worked, so

it`s true that the name databases are not connected, (old and new servers).
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    It all depends.. the old Servers only share names where the servers themselves are.

Take for instance on Dreamweaver, I have all of my user names plus a couple more. On Raging Tides I cannot use any of my names. I also cannot use any of the names I have on Heavens Tear on Archosaur Server. It was explained some time ago (I think when Raging Tides came out) which servers shared name banks with each other. I'm not exactly recalling which go with which. But it would make sense that the new servers share a bank with at least one grouping of the old... up to and including sharing one with each other. However, I cannot make one of my user names on either of the new servers, and I know for a large certainty that no one would use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Just to clear up some confusion about what I said: The two new servers, Lothranis and Momaganon, share name banks with each other. They do not share name banks with any of the older servers.b:chuckle
  • cantfindanamewtf
    cantfindanamewtf Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Oh okayb:chuckle
  • LadyMara - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Thank you for making it perfectly clear.

Still, I am letting people know that the LadyMara on either of the other two servers is not me, I'm staying in Raging Tides.
    It all depends.. the old Servers only share names where the servers themselves are.

Take for instance on Dreamweaver, I have all of my user names plus a couple more. On Raging Tides I cannot use any of my names. I also cannot use any of the names I have on Heavens Tear on Archosaur Server. It was explained some time ago (I think when Raging Tides came out) which servers shared name banks with each other. I'm not exactly recalling which go with which. But it would make sense that the new servers share a bank with at least one grouping of the old... up to and including sharing one with each other. However, I cannot make one of my user names on either of the new servers, and I know for a large certainty that no one would use it.

It would appear that someone has used your name on one of the other servers then if you are unable to obtain it for a new character.
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Just to clear it up, here is the pwpedia with links to Frankie's comments on the issue.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers

Scroll down to Character Name Exclusiveness.

Someone should add the EU servers to that list now.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Character Name Exclusiveness

Some of the servers share the same name database. This means that if you create a character on one of those servers, that character's name will be unavailable on the other servers that use the same name database. This is in case the servers need to be merged in the future. Currently, there are five name databases:
    PvE West: Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur
    PvP West: Lost City
    PvE East: Dreamweaver
    PvE East: Raging Tide
    PvP East: Harshlands
    (Source and correction)

taken from http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers this shows that of the older servers, the ONLY servers which share a name database are HT, Sanc and Archo. suppose now the 2nd only shared database would be Lothranis and Momaganon
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender