need help

Siumiki - Dreamweaver
Siumiki - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
can anyone explain me how to keep sissy classes alive? I usually squad with random people and often they have less defense and even hp than my cleric and i have problem keeping them alive. they die in like 2-3 hits( arcane by phys mobs). IH doesn't really help even if i notice person gonna get hit and heal faster, wellspring surge have long channeling and they die in the middle of me casting it. so wth am i doing wrong? do i really need channeling gear or smth to keep them alive? atm im using p.def gears so i can survive heal agro, which i get often >.>
Post edited by Siumiki - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Erikellia - Sanctuary
    Erikellia - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    While channeling gear is nice to have. (not only for this and almost anything else b:laugh )
    If they die it does not make it your fault. People need to understand that if they are a little squishy but can hit hard, then they need to control their hits. I usually Wellspring them if I can in time.

As a cleric our job is to keep the tank alive and help the others if we can(De ja vu moment). If you are doing a good job on keeping the tank alive and for the most part keeping the squad up and good then your doing fine.

Now for AoE attacks it is good to throw in some CHB but at the same time need to make sure the tank wont go down with regular hits. (personal way of playing)(I don't spam CHB (recent posting about that rage) but only use it when AoE or the group decided to go "LEROY JENKINS" on a group and more then 2 are under attack.)

If you find it that to often this happens, then maybe look into some -chan gear they aren't to bad to get and do help a lot. (I used my lvl 60 rank top(rank 4 I think don't quote me) till I was 90 then I got the next rank gear. Also the Sleeves of the Captain(or something like that the -chan sleeves for lvl 77),when you get up there, till I made OHT -chan gear.

Just my personal choice of playing and style.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Zzz...don't use chan neck/belt. Seriously. You need the pdef. If you have it on other stuff, fine. Just use pdef ornas, please...

Anyway, your main problem seems to be that you're going with rather ****ty squads. I suggest you stop or tell them to stop aggroing random **** that they'll die to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If DD's are agroing **** and dying in 2 hits then they ****ing suck and need to stop playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How high is your vitality, might I ask?

As for drawing heal aggro, you shouldn't be getting that at all. A good cleric knows how to avoid it, you can't always because people do stupid stuff when you are mid heal but if you get it often, then it's probably you healing too early. If you notice some leroy jenkins type DDs in your squad, ask them to take off their rings. It usually helps them control aggro at your level. Also try to give them a couple of ih stacks before a pull this way if they take aggro you will have time to react.

The most important thing about heal aggro is that do not under any circumstances heal them if they won't aggro the mobs before hand. Otherwise you will get aggro. If they try to take on more than one mob, pay attention and make sure that they are all aggroed before you heal. Even if they shout at you, if they won't and they die it isn't your fault.

Also, at your level if they accidentally aggroed a large group of mobs I would plume shell and BB, the damage reduction goes a long way in keeping people alive.

Also, plume shell is your friend as is IH. If you've drawn aggro and are gettting killed, pop an apoth/plume shell and then IH stack yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would often throw a IH on the sins whenever I saw them spark in my 5x-8x days. Granted, so many of them were two shots it didn't do much good. The most it did was head off any attempt to claim I wasn't healing them.

DD need to learn how to control aggro and the consequences of not doing so. They may complain, but their deaths are essential for them to learn that they have to look out for themselves too. If you can get to them in time, do so. If not, remind them to watch their damage output and let the tanks do their job.

Channel does help, but I don't see a reason to invest in channeling gear at 7x. Save the money for your endgame chan gear.

As for heal aggro- watch the squad. Remember this: by not dying you are doing your squad a favor. You are saving them time and you can rezz them. If you refuse to heal somebody who hasn't aggroed the pull you are doing everybody a favor. Do not heal until you see them hit the mobs. Learn to recognize what the AoEs from each class look like. Lower levels with bi.tch and moan about this. End game squads will be glad you have a sense of self-preservation.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Mekkhala pretty much nailed it, as well as a few others.

Don't worry about -channeling gear so much. Clerics are already a fast channeling class and our cooldowns interfer when we have too much channeling (over -30) and too much channeling can actually slow a cleric down. P def neck and belt are the way to go.

When I read this I immediately thought "AVOID RANDOM SQUADS". Second thought, was how would your squishies play if you told them you only had level 1 rez? Bet they'd be more careful about stealing aggro.

It may be as simple as "You die faster than I can get a heal on you. Please let the tank be the tank, I'm only healing him."

And as others said, learn aggro amounts in your squad. If you see a sin sparking, get a heal on him before he even gets aggro. Suggest people assist attack what the barb is attacking. And if they don't aggro everything, no heal. You can rez them after than they can take the hint.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Siumiki - Dreamweaver
    Siumiki - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i have 2.2k hp and over 50% phys res with cleric, bm buff and 70% mag res.
    lots of sins tend to hit mobs one by one and there are tons of sins who go stealth right after i heal them so i get agro often. i can handle 3 phys mobs on myself easily so i often get heal agro intentionaly to save someone, if i change my p.def gear to chan gear i would be become more sissy too :s

thanks for answers guys
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What the others said, your job is to keep the tank functioning and keep yourself alive. The rest is icing. Squishies who get themselves killed in squads are doing something wrong. They should not be attacking mobs by them selves, but piling on whatever the tank is fighting. It takes awhile for this to sink in for new players.

Please take the end-gamers comments (level 90+) with a grain of salt. At lower levels where you are most players are new and learning and make lots of mistakes. Teaming with friends or faction-mates, does not change this, you just tend to laugh it off then, but a new player is a new player. Faction membership often has its share of idiots as well. I see these curt "Don't play with randoms" replies as unhelpful and miss-leading. This gloating "I only team with pros" pose is tiresome.

Other than your weapon, I wouldn't obsess about gear until end-game. You out grow gear quickly at your level and even the absolute ultimate items you could equip if you wanted to spend a fortune, will not make as much difference at your level as simply mastering your toolbox of skills.
    Just some guy