Character transfer

Options
VioletPain - Sanctuary
VioletPain - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Are we (european users) going to be able to transfer our characters from US servers to EU servers? I dont want just to trash my sin and start all over...its just no fair QQ.
Post edited by VioletPain - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    Kemonomimi - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No no no no no no no
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    QQ too

if i could transfer i would do it
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    luckily no and it is fair
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No, the point in a new server is to start anew and have no advantage on new players coming to the same server as you do.
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No, the point in a new server is to start anew and have no advantage on new players coming to the same server as you do.

in-yo-face b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And the point of having an avatar in which you have invested time (and money) is that it invokes stickiness and loyalty.

I can't take the character with me? I'm going to move to a new game, rather than start a new character.

Edit:
    And, of course, you're fuelling a black market in character purchase. I'm not touching that cess pool with a barge pole, but plenty of people will...
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

No advantage lol, csers will get major advantage, with pack sale driving gold up very high, f2p players will have a bad time.
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What's the point of transfer to EU servers? both are PVE b:beatup

That's a waste of time b:spit
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What's the point of transfer to EU servers? both are PVE b:beatup

That's a waste of time b:spit

From what I was told, "English" version will be PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haderon - Raging Tide
    Haderon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Here is a business case for you PWI. Make a transfer service for the players and make it paid. I am sure a lot of players would like to avail of that option, and at the same time you will be able to make money. At the end of the day everybody will be happy :). I guess.....
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Here is a business case for you PWI. Make a transfer service for the players and make it paid. I am sure a lot of players would like to avail of that option, and at the same time you will be able to make money. At the end of the day everybody will be happy :). I guess.....

I've said the same thing, but then it was pointed out that they simply can't offer it due to something database related.b:question

I find that somewhat questionable since PW-MY has performed server merges, which essentially "transfers" the entire player base of one server to another, but maybe the coding for that is different than just moving one character.

As far as I know, Blizzard's method of transferring characters involves copying the character information and then pasting that information to the destination server. PWE stands to make a lot of money if they could find a way to make it work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've said the same thing, but then it was pointed out that they simply can't offer it due to something database related.b:question

I find that somewhat questionable since PW-MY has performed server merges, which essentially "transfers" the entire player base of one server to another, but maybe the coding for that is different than just moving one character.

As far as I know, Blizzard's method of transferring characters involves copying the character information and then pasting that information to the destination server. PWE stands to make a lot of money if they could find a way to make it work.

....except they go on the theory, no switch = a whole new CSed char with full R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ....except they go on the theory, no switch = a whole new CSed char with full R9.

True, but I'd gather a lot of people who dropped the money for R9 aren't going to want to switch and pay that all over again.

Then again, there's always people with more dollars than sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you'd have to be a egocentric moron to think they would allow you to bring your cultivated high level character to a brand new server. apparently we have no shortage of egocentric morons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you'd have to be a egocentric moron to think they would allow you to bring your cultivated high level character to a brand new server. apparently we have no shortage of egocentric morons.

Or we could be cynical, and guess that what they'll do is milk out as many people as possible creating new characters there and THEN offer transfers you have to pay for.
  • Haderon - Raging Tide
    Haderon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I am pretty sure it is technically possible to transfer chars between servers. Before I started PWI i was playing PW MY-EN, and i remember the merge of the servers. The "technically not possible" explanation to me is quite lame.

In my opinion a transfer service would bring more good than bad overall. I am not suggesting it as a method for instantly populating the new servers, I am suggesting it as a general solution for people who just want to change the server they play on, regardless of the reason. Also it can be limitted to 2 transfers per account per year for example.

Of course in order to not ruining the gameplay on the new servers from the very begining, such a service can be forbidden for the first six months for them. During these six months I am pretty sure there will be already lvl 101 R9 players on the EU servers if that is the biggest concern.

I have a lot of friends that already have several high level chars, and who stated that they will never reroll on a new server, just because they spent a lot of time, and some of them money, building the already existing ones.

Anyway, that was just an idea i felt like sharing.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am pretty sure it is technically possible to transfer chars between servers. Before I started PWI i was playing PW MY-EN, and i remember the merge of the servers. The "technically not possible" explanation to me is quite lame.

Server merging is an extreme case and probably the only case in which they will do character transfers. But then that's forced character transferring anyway.

They're not gonna transfer your char just because "OMG! New server in my timezone!". ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They're not gonna transfer your char just because "OMG! New server in my timezone!". ijs.

But if you're willing to pay for it, why shouldn't they?

I can totally understand not wanting people to transfer their high level characters to a freshly opened server. But as far as moving around between the pre-existing ones, why not?

I'm sure some might point out that some players might server hop to escape a bad reputation, but really, it's not like it would be hard for those same players to powerlevel a fresh character on their current server and not tell others it was theirs. Fresh character or not, eventually a person's true nature will be seen if anyone interacts with them long enough.

Other than objections like that, I honestly can't see what the problem would be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voida - Heavens Tear
    Voida - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The EU servers should have been opened from day 1 of PWI. It's unfair for PWI to think that only people from America would be playing. For them to release these servers 3 years later is clearly just a money grabbing scheme because instantly people will make new characters on the new server, grab their wallet and race to the finish = PWI win.

I want to move to the new server because it is in my timezone but there is no chance in hell that I am going to re-create characters again. I'd just prefer to move to a new game which does offer the choice of EU servers from the start and play that.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The EU servers should have been opened from day 1 of PWI. It's unfair for PWI to think that only people from America would be playing. For them to release these servers 3 years later is clearly just a money grabbing scheme because instantly people will make new characters on the new server, grab their wallet and race to the finish = PWI win.

I want to move to the new server because it is in my timezone but there is no chance in hell that I am going to re-create characters again. I'd just prefer to move to a new game which does offer the choice of EU servers from the start and play that.

They couldn't offer EU servers at the start because there was already another EU version at the time. That version closed in the fall of last year, I think? So now they could finally open EU servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute