What if pwi gave us what we wanted...

Options
I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I ask that if PWI gave us a way to "pay to play freely."
Wthout the "Crazy" part that goes with paying to play.

This thread is about a ENTIRE thought: Massive over haul of our PWI as we know it.

This means changes so big WE will likely as a player base HATE IT but IF it can happen IT will be so EPIC, THAT EVERYBODY wants it.*
(added a * in)

I want to pay to play PWI but I do not want to deal with "cash shoppers and the hell they put me through for being able to cash shop so much it "fcks me over."

This means I have to farm everything. I am okay with it.
I like a easy life style ingame from the hectic outside world.
This to me means casual gaming which takes time and years.
Work and effort. In a reasonable timeframe to me.

This means I am willing to pay because I can if I absolutly have to pay to play PWI a reasonable sum of money to do it. Whatever the cost of playing it is.
I can pay it if I can pay it when it is reasonable. Price will not go up again for me. That is because I am paying a set price to play and farm everything. Then be good when I do. I will eventually move on delete my account. Yet pwi still exsists.

Now I say this again. PWI can exsist if somebody somewhere is pissed off for not getting what they "think" they earned for paying for it and does not like the "outcome" with it.
Even the figurative man.

This means a possible change in what WE as the player base thinks is okay to do.

I ask the player base what if PWI gave us the option to pay 5-30$ maybe a month, maybe more maybe less.

To have a farmer based server that WILL not have a cash shop but will let you farm everything. Play causually and not have the "persecution from cash shopper based players"

This is because you like to play casually. If given the option to. Then you want it "easier", So pwi adds the boutique to it but at a price that is not "okay to use it at" for a casual gamer. Yet PWI will never add the boutique to the cashshop within a reasonable "price for you to buy it at because it is the "bid hall"

This means no boutique but every item we can "get" is farmable but we "need" to know how somewhere to "get" it.
I know I do but I have to "look it up"

Then a cash shop based server where you have to in your opinion "keep up" with the other guy and are ok with it that works for you.

If this sounds okay to you then what we now need are= Servers farmer based/ CS based and a figurative sum of cash&total server wipe. With the integration of ALL the servers again on a few.
This means a poll long term for a 2 server based expansion. You are only allowed to play one server at a time forever. This means if you "go" to another server. You reset everything forever on your old server. You can't go back again to it either. your account will need to be "deleted" reasonably to do so. this means "A-holes" from a "cash shop based server will not "be able" to make it without a reasonable about of persecution.
The same applies to a cash shop based server but you can buy stuff there "cheaper" then a farm based server since you do not work as hard for it.

This is the poll again Yes you like the idea because it fixes problems for you and you like to play far cheaper then the cost of paying for a cash shop server.
You as a player like to PAY a cheaper price to play like you want with the option not "allowed" to play for free because you know to do it means using the "Random" bid hall for something you want reasonably. Yet it is "free long term but not short term"

No you do not like it because it requires a entire reset of what we did and we spent already to much to start over again with actual perfection to those who can "**** it out" there. Which means you like being to some an jerk as long as it does not effect you ever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dont be fooled by looks.
Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
Post edited by I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The original Perfect World was, I think, pay to play, before becoming free to play.

If you would prefer a pay to play game without a cash shop, perhaps you should look for a game like that.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No

If was going to pay a monthly fee would pay for a game that's worth it. PWI just hasn't got the content to be P2P.
    The option to charge $ for a boost is handy but that all it is a " lazy mode ".
    Even if they wiped the servers and removed the CS, the game just isn't worthy of being P2P

Plus if it went P2P then the market holds much better F2P games, with more balanced Cash shops, ability to earn Cash shop gold ingame, 100x more content etc etc etc etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm fine cash shopping ty.

I definitely can't afford what the insane cashoppers buy, but I have a job and real world obligations that keep me from being able to farm 5+ hours a day for a set of tt90 +5.

Besides, this is just crazy hypothetical thinking. PWI refuses to fix the most basic of problems such as glitches, balance issues, etc.

How can you possibly expect them to go through the trouble of making a farm only server?
    Besides, the server would be a complete ghost town.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They could always make a new server and set it up as p2p and see how it works out. If it doesn't converting it to f2p wouldn't be hard and could possibly take some load off the current servers which clearly need an upgrade to handle the load.

I'd be interested, but only if they didn't hold stuff back from us on it like fashion, quests, mounts, level cap, monsters, and the coup da gra, Personal territories aka villa's earned via the paperclip quest.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They could always make a new server and set it up as p2p and see how it works out. If it doesn't converting it to f2p wouldn't be hard and could possibly take some load off the current servers which clearly need an upgrade to handle the load.

Please explain to me how you create a server and then convert it. Please, enlighten us as to what could be so cheap and effortless that PWI would consider doing it.

Or are you just talking out of your ***?

Personal territories aka villa's earned via the paperclip quest.

Wtf
  • Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide
    Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    , Personal territories aka villa's earned via the paperclip quest.[/QUOTE]

wtf r u talking about? enlighten me please.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'd be interested, but only if they didn't hold stuff back from us on it like fashion, quests, mounts, level cap, monsters, and the coup da gra, Personal territories aka villa's earned via the paperclip quest.

Back when PW was P2P and people did the World quest Daily, (Paperclip villa) you had a random chance of getting random "housing" items that you could put in our house. I think I have some of those items in my back actually

Oh yea PW has a housing system somewhere in the code
    and it was P2P
    and was only in china
    and has a lvl cap of 150
    and......I ran out of facts
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ewww pwi p2p?
    Just Ewww
    Might as well go plat Worl....nvm you can't talk about other games :3
    And to be honest Pwi makes more money a day then what you are willing to pay a month

Oh and talk about housing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tQwi-HiCA
    inb4thislinkisdeleted
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Naw, I like cashshopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ewww pwi p2p?
    Just Ewww
    And to be honest Pwi makes more money a day then what you are willing to pay a month

inb4thislinkisdeleted

Try this one too :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3fh7fV8n3s
    A complete custom map made from the map editor available in p2p version b:surrender
    This would have been the ideal coin sink for guild bases, but meh, pwbejing knows better I guess b:surrender
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pwi DID just gave me what i wanted, the new beach hat and leopard bikini set in the cash shop woooooooooot xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ewww pwi p2p?
    Just Ewww

inb4thislinkisdeleted

wtf with 3:05?! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and has a lvl cap of 150
    and......I ran out of facts
    has a HARD cap of 150 we have a soft cap of 105

hard cap= total limit reachable in the game's code
    soft cap= current locked max level.

I will use this for an example, and will get chewed out, but I don't care:

Pokemon r/b as a level soft cap of 100, however the code allows you to "create" up to level 255. (if they gain ANY experience they drop back to 100) that's what PWI has.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited July 2011
    Options

Wrong. Our hard cap is 105, it is the highest possible level we can attain. The soft cap is 101, which is the last level which most people can easily reach. The soft cap has gone up over the course of the game. It used to be around 8x, since past that was nearly impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:

• Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    wtf with 3:05?! b:shocked

Wolf on Fox love >;D
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I will use this for an example, and will get chewed out, but I don't care:

Pokemon r/b as a level soft cap of 100, however the code allows you to "create" up to level 255. (if they gain ANY experience they drop back to 100) that's what PWI has.
    Really? I thought they changed the code here so the hard cap was 105, because of the ridiculous amount of xp needed to go from 10x - 10(x+1)

also You're awesome for also knowing that. b:chuckle
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Utopia. Go buy a children's book with stories. Even THOSE cost money to entertain you.
    So...keep dreaming.
    I personally like having other people pay to sustain my free-to-play mmo. Until i find that mmo worth paying for...which i haven't yet.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The idea was based off "creating" 2 servers to enjoy both the benefits OF free 2 play. With the option of every aspect that we "can" get.
    While playing for free,the problem you end up with is the "PWI" Boutique.
    We want the "option" to use it so cheaply on ALL servers that the cash shop based people persecute people and the farmers do the same.
    The suggestion being a "server" as it WAS originally intended with the basic fuctions
    STILL intact.
    With VERY minimal boutique based options.

A server with FULL boutique based options and everything intact enough to play it however you want to within cash shopping it.

This means the next formula:

Poll:
    If PWI gives you a farmer based server and a P2PF server.
    Since CS'ers DO cs so much in some way it "forces" you to use the method they give. Since you "are" figuratively required to use the method supplied by them for comfort.
    (The example is 10-15K tokens not literally but figuratively)

The thing you do not like is they WILL drive every reasonable way to make money FREELY down so bad for actual ingame gold price to play free.
    You have to either spend Real Cash for gold OR buy it ingame at such a high price its almost crazy to do for the coin it takes free without a "crazy" secret method.

The next problem is this. To use the boutique freely does take a LOT of effort. We are given this option. Yet we as a player base may not know this "directly" But we do.

This is a free to play game that does give you the ability to play for free or pay to play. Yet the F2P becomes so hard to do because of people who P2P so dam much they see it as "reasonable" but the people who are very few "left." Who know what P2P ORIGINALLY was like know the problem to the answer That should have happened so dam long ago yet did not.b:surrender

I know what most of you do not. I also know I have not found a P2P game WORTH paying for the cost of the repairs mataince and cost to play it by myself. I know this AND I ahem "am" trying to find a reasonable solution to a "hell" figurative based probelm. That = so big it is not just my choice. This means I know a way to get what we ALL want but china devs will say *** it you need to pay more.I know this I also know if we had the proper income for this game to "buy the fixes we need" Odds are the actual fixes can happen. The problem is THIS game likely can not affrod enough people to "run it" as it needs to be run freely so.
    Our next problem is the player base they to me I know this but will be told off to say it.
    Is old idiots lingering on forums who like to QQ about stuff they need to say now I need to move on and stop bugging people for my own problem. Get a life and shut up about the problems I as a player in the player base am causing but I want to play freely and be allowed to QQ and not do what it takes to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They would have to add a helluva lot of content after 100 to make me consider paying to play. The instances are boring as hell after youve run them countless times and TW only comes once or twice a week.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lyonitus wrote: »
    They would have to add a helluva lot of content after 100 to make me consider paying to play. The instances are boring as hell after youve run them countless times and TW only comes once or twice a week.

do you know that it does have it but people "hated" the cost to level freely?
    Let me clearify. P2P had 150 levels + gear + every aspect avalible but it had so much without limits it made hell for everybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My view on this is.

Maybe PWI cuold open a totally F2P server. But that would incluse a couple needed changes as mentioned a bit througout the thread.

Either :

- Remove boutique :

In this case , make "boutique only" items available in game. Like marriage packs at a npc for like 15 mils each or something..Tokens at NPC for 10k each..Don't need to elaborate more, u see where i'm going. A lot of work.

- Change every item in boutique to a gold equivalent of let's say 1/2 mil per gold or so..
    This would be easiest way.

- Offer less support the on our "original" servers. Since it would be theoricly totally free, we would pass way behind support for "payed" servers.

- Leave boutique as it is. But make all events give "boutique gold" as possible rewards.

A lot of work either way, but a server I would gladly join if it would open up.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My view on this is.

Maybe PWI cuold open a totally F2P server. But that would incluse a couple needed changes as mentioned a bit througout the thread.

Either :

- Remove boutique :

In this case , make "boutique only" items available in game. Like marriage packs at a npc for like 15 mils each or something..Tokens at NPC for 10k each..Don't need to elaborate more, u see where i'm going. A lot of work.

- Change every item in boutique to a gold equivalent of let's say 1/2 mil per gold or so..

- Offer less support the on our "original" servers. Since it would be theoricly totally free, we would pass way behind support for "payed" servers.

- Leave boutique as it is. But make all events give "boutique gold" as possible rewards.

Now what if I told you this solution MIGHT be possible but you will not like the answer for it long term IF you are still here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My view on this is.

Either :

- Remove boutique :

What he said. And add different things to do past 100.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I alrdy did that now please read my Original "post again" I reposted it with a "clause" to it or a * now this being as I said before. If It is free to play with the pay to play option freely in a "way" that you do not know how to but takes to much effort to DO now by yourself then what is your next answer. How do you propose to fix it and keep it fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The gap between casual players, f2p and CS is one of the biggest issues. There's no need for new server, or p2p, they need to change the way the boutique impacts the game.Someone with a big wallet can come and lvl to 105 get refinements and r9 have 1/4 of a brain, faceroll and win. Someone who might not have such a big wallet or simply doesn't want to throw his/her money in the game or such grand amounts, will have a harder time. PvE is not THAT bad, but the more you approach endgame, let alone if you like to PvP, you realize more and more how necessary CS has become.

I agree with lyonitus, make CS items available to be purchased with in game money, it wouldn't be the first game with it or an innovation, many games offer content that can be bought with in game money (big quantities) or by CS. The company ofc needs a way to get money. However, not everyone or most of the people don't have a big wallet. If PWE thinks that forcing everyone to spend thousands of cash on the game is gonna sustain them, they better think again. Those ppl will not play forever, and the chances that someone else will come and spend just as much are not high.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this is true the problem you will have though is that the total number of servers = far more then the upkeep long term for replacing them all and mataining freely. This is why I said a drastic change so big it means **** a lot of people over so much they will hate it but also love it as well.b:surrender

I dunno exactly the "requirements" like I said but I do know this much.

4 servers for people who want to have 2 pvp 2 pve with decent time zones for both EU and EN and such players. means a revamp and likely entire "reset" of PWI as we know it. With names being "moved" without levels without gear without a lot of the problems that "are" here as you see them now.
    Since that was "kicked out the window" by a figurative roll back so big but accurate. It made you have to rethink what you know now. Of the entire game again. Or we just cashshopped for 2 new servers again and some fashion.... yea....

I know its stupid believe me but somewhere like I said somebody has to be upset. Even the figurative man at some point the problem that happens as well is that "people who left" do not "leave" like they are "told" to.
    This means delete your chars and account then uninstall and leave both forums and the game itself. The problem you have is also that like the Devs "see" a probably fake number to a server cap. Then they send more while we still have less then we require and that causes the funds for more important fixes to be delayed. Since 2 servers had to figuratively be bought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.