Should I Stay or Quit?

toprigga
toprigga Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I'm really wondering whether I should quit pwi or stay playing it for awhile. I say this because a lot of my good friends have recently quit the game and its kinda boring now. Also, my main faction isnt really doing that well and Im having a hard time farming for my sins last two pieces of nv pants and nv daggers to become 5.0.

I really like this game but the direction its going in is really turning me off now. I set a goal for myself to reach 5.0 on my sin then quit but now I dont really know if im up for it
Post edited by toprigga on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Your call, man. Dont let the forums affect what you think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    toprigga wrote: »
    I'm really wondering whether I should quit pwi or stay playing it for awhile. I say this because a lot of my good friends have recently quit the game and its kinda boring now. Also, my main faction isnt really doing that well and Im having a hard time farming for my sins last two pieces of nv pants and nv daggers to become 5.0.

I really like this game but the direction its going in is really turning me off now. I set a goal for myself to reach 5.0 on my sin then quit but now I dont really know if im up for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTB1pIg1y0
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Make your own decision, as StormHydra has said.

But what I think you should consider is whether you like this game. If you like it, then carry on! If your faction is dead or boring, leave it and find a faction that you love. Friends come and go, but it doesn't mean that you stop making friends right? At the end of the day, it's fun to farm Nirvana/TT and stuff with friends so it becomes less boring.

Consider what you're trying for 5.0 for. To run plvl for people, to go for Nirvana on your own to make loads of money (and ingame coins earned for what purpose) then consider whether you should stay or leave. I've been here since open beta and kept switching toons cause I was never happy with one before I realized I was forcing myself to play a class I don't really enjoy.

Think about it and then make your choice. Listen to your heart! :D For this game, or anything else in life really. Good luck!
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
  • SweeTarts - Dreamweaver
    SweeTarts - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is a game and should be fun for you! If it's no longer fun, either take action to find new ways for it to be fun (switch factions, make new friends, etc) or move on to something else. As others have already said, don't let the forums tell you to stay or go... do what makes sense for you!
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Depending on how much time you have to play, you can hardcore farm during a 2x drop event and get the nv legging or dagger, then the other piece the next 2x drops just from nv runs. In the end, you'll eventually get tired of this game. Seems like the quitting rate of friends aren't slowed that much, but some that quits come back too, eventually.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If you have to ask....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Take a break for a few days to a week. If you come back and enjoy it again there you go...if you don't well there you go. A break always helps to make the decision though. If you do quit i suggest not selling off all your stuff so if you change your mind you still have everything you worked for
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    there are so many people that play PWI, let along on your server, who says you cant make new friends? doing FCs with people is a great way to make friends and ive made a lot of friends by doing so. getting in a fun "family" type of guild (whether or not they TW) is another way of making good friends.

just because you have some old friends that dont play anymore doesnt mean they need to drag you down also, so keep with it and make some new ones. keep in contact with your old friends on MSN or something, maybe they all just need a few months break.

also, when im getting tired of the game i take a break for a few months and when im ready to play again, then its fun again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer