Am i weird?

Options
firedolphin
firedolphin Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
When watch my favorite TV shows/animes/cartoons/reading my favorite mangas/books/movies i feel compelled to help the characters...i wish i could meet them...i know they aren't real, I KNOW! i have always known...even when i was 3 years old, i knew it. But still, i wish i could enter on the story and help them! i wish i could prevent the heroes from dying, i wish i could heal the injured, i wish i could talk to the characters, i wish i could touch them, i wish i was a character myself...i feel happy for their achievments, i feel sad for their hardships, i feel heart-broken when a tragedy happens(like a death)...Yes, i know none of it is real, but i still feel all those things...
When i am re-watching/re-reading and a tragedy is about to happen, i wish i could warn the characters, tell them to run, rescue them...or that the development changed...the story changed...remember Bambi? I used to watch it a lot when i was a child...his mother was shot and killed, remember? I always cried at that part and i always wished that that time she could flee safely...every time they found that field with low-grass and barely any trees, i knew what was comming and i thought to myself "please, run away! run away already! the hunters are coming! run away before it is too late! they are already there! run! run! run!" following by the thought "NO! don't kill her! don't kill her! can't you see she has a baby? b:shedtear " But of course, they always did...aww! poor Bambi...i felt so bad for him...And he loved his mother so much! b:shedtear
Good thing he still has his father, but still...
My point is, i feel a connection with beings who do not exist!
I have feelings for them...
I know that isn't a bad thing at all, i just want to know if i'm normal or blessed? :)
Post edited by firedolphin on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cool story, bro

TBH: it depends on whether this is an act you put on for the sake of it (A LOT of people do this, just read world chat and most guild chats).
    If it isn't an act - well whatever books/films you read must be really good...

/end cynicism

It's the same reason horror films are scary, the end of titanic was sad, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I guess that's basically what every writer/artist/poet out there is aiming for - reaching the reader via fictive characters; moving them emotionally.

You're not weird. You could say you're blessed by sympathising that much with even figures of a fictive story or stuff.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a part of a story and change things around. You're not the only one out there that thinks like that.

And as for the question of whether or not your weird, I'd say yes, but is that really such a bad thing? I mean, who really wants to be normal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nope...just need to grow up b:cute
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Chioke, I love your signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Chioke - Lost City
    Chioke - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol GTFO of this thread CritCat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Lorwenya - Sanctuary
    Lorwenya - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't listen to the blokes that tell you to grow up, or that being different is a bad thing. :)

I too share the same emotional encounter when it comes to good books and stories, and even if I cannot really change the course of the story, I feel transported in their world, beside the characters, assisting them in the background with everything they endure. The emotions I felt during reading and experiencing all those things with them made me wiser I think - it is just as if I had two lives, one from which I learned a lot of things that in real would take good years. How is that a bad thing? It is amazing that your level of relating to a certain situation and story is so profound and strong. It is what makes you feel the same in real life towards others that might be facing difficult times yet you have that high level of understanding and relating to them, you are becoming a person of good morals and values and you would be the one that would help the person in need, and not shove he/she off with cold words and misunderstanding.

We do not have to grow up. What is growing up, anyway? Becoming a rude person obsessed and stuck in hormonal endeavors instead of reflecting on the more meaningful and long-lasting things in life? :|

Keep being you! You should be proud of what you have. That is indeed a gift. Cherish it forever :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lorenyan - Silent Priestess and Poetress of Myths...
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tl;dr

yes you are weird

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer