END GAME AXES!!!!! help!!

Options
Sarasen - Dreamweaver
Sarasen - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Blademaster
ok so here what im confused about.....

people claim sac strike or GoF is the best thing u can get on axes, personally im not a fan of either as i solo alot so i wud carry 2 axes around if i got either of them 1 for solo and 1 for squad. i DO plan on getting r9 or nirv axes one day, but that day is very very far from now. now then lets get on with it.

I want axes which are good all round axes as in give me as much as they can, from highest attack to most hp bonus.

Pros and cons are MY! opinion, provie feedback but dont say im wrong because its MY!! opinion!!

Option1:TT90 gold axes (Calloused lionheart hatchets)
Pros: Sac strike, dont cost much, rated as 1 of the best axes for bms
cons: ill need another pair for soloing, they wud goto waste if i got nirv/r9 axes since there bound

Option2:TT99 gold axes/poleaxe (Unparalleled brimstone edges/Anchor of Chaos)
pros: so cheap there basically free(axes), can be taken to nirv which i do want to do one day, good hp bonus (poleaxe)
cons: there is cheaper alternatives, with raps almost 2mill nirv is cheaper with other paths

Option3:TT100 axe (Ashura of purgatory)
pros: cheapest option when i go nirv, good hp/attack on them, good for soloing since i dont loose hp to sac strike
cons: less damage as there no sac strike lol,

Option4:TT green axes (say on ur comment i guess :o)
pros: can easily be sold as there not bound like all the above options. the rest would vary on the specific axes i guess
cons: would vary aswell

Option5: good old Calamity axes
pros: sac strike, cheap, add a ton of hp
cons: im lvl 101 so there abit....out lvld some would say

If u have any other axes which u think are good, then please reccoment them for me :)
On CORE i cant add my BM to my alt list for some reason, god knows why. if u can help me please get back to meb:surrender
Post edited by Sarasen - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What are you soloing with axes? Zerk means you'll kill the mobs faster and probably take less damage in the end than non-zerk axes.

Cross out TT100, it's just terrible. The gold mat is 10 BL, so not exactly cheap. You'll save 20 raps over TT99 gold to recast, but it costs more than TT99 gold so the overall cost pretty much balance out. In the mean while you can use the G13 axes while you farm the 150 if you go with TT99 gold path to Nirvana.

I'd just go with 90 gold for now, and save for R9 axes. Nirvana is slightly cheaper but R9 is much better.

Rule #1 of axes: Zerk or gtfo.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The main options are TT90 Gold or Djinn's Waltz with zerk until you can afford nirvana or R9 like Okeano said. You could also use R8 Poleaxe, it's not too bad for the mean while.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah R8 poleaxe actually got pretty nice damage to make up for not having zerk.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Use R8 or TT90 while saving for R9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sarasen - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What are you soloing with axes? Zerk means you'll kill the mobs faster and probably take less damage in the end than non-zerk axes.

Cross out TT100, it's just terrible. The gold mat is 10 BL, so not exactly cheap. You'll save 20 raps over TT99 gold to recast, but it costs more than TT99 gold so the overall cost pretty much balance out. In the mean while you can use the G13 axes while you farm the 150 if you go with TT99 gold path to Nirvana.

I'd just go with 90 gold for now, and save for R9 axes. Nirvana is slightly cheaper but R9 is much better.

Rule #1 of axes: Zerk or gtfo.

only responding to yours becuase the rest were kind of expanding what u said :P

soloing pulls like in fc, tt and **** i didnt mean the bosses,
    TT100 mat is 50m looool 10 bl tokens there 5m each by far the cheapest way to goto nirv since raps are 2m each....on DW anyway
    not gna go for rank because it will cost me about 80m for 200k rep which could get me a sweet pair of axes and other upgrades, if i play my cards right

looking forward to seeing ur response :o
    On CORE i cant add my BM to my alt list for some reason, god knows why. if u can help me please get back to meb:surrender
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still use Star axes (TT90 green). The plan was use those while I farmed for Gx axes but GX's were always second on my list to farm and I never got around to it. The benefit of Stars is the Gloom proc works kind of like a weak sac strike (doubles base weapon dmg, not overall dmg) and affects mana rather than hp.

My weapon path was Star Axes-> Gx-> Rank 9. Now that I'm 100 and plan to get rank 9 someday I'm going Star->Rank 8 -> Rank 9. I'll need 200k rep anyways to get towards my endgame so may as well get it now. The dps of rank 8 is better and you have a higher chance to crit, but the spike damage is slighlty worse. Why spend 30 mil on axes that bind and aren't as good as Rank 8 if you have plans to get 200k rep eventualy.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    soloing pulls like in fc, tt and **** i didnt mean the bosses,
    You should get Sin buff when you are soloing stuff, either from a friend or have an alt for it. That way you can solo entire FC without charm. With BP, HP lost from zerk doesn't matter.
    TT100 mat is 50m looool 10 bl tokens there 5m each by far the cheapest way to goto nirv since raps are 2m each....on DW anyway
    not gna go for rank because it will cost me about 80m for 200k rep which could get me a sweet pair of axes and other upgrades, if i play my cards right

looking forward to seeing ur response :o
    Let's look at both paths to Nirvana.

With TT100, it's 50 mil gold mat + 5 mil for souls + 460 mil of raps = 515 mil
    With TT99, 2.5 mil X 2 for gold mats + 10 illusion stones (1-2 mil each?)+ 500 mil = 515 to 525 mil.

So depends on how much you pay for illusion stones, the cost to make Nirvana from either TT99 or TT100 is pretty much the same. The upside of going with TT99, as I've said, you can do it in 2 steps and use G13 axes while you farm the other 150.

If your end goal is Nirvana, then you might as well use the axes you have as you go. Beacon>99 gold>G13>G15.
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Like others already said, if you plan on getting R9 one day, then getting R8 is a VERY solid choice. The high end damage on R8 axes is BEASTLY, and you definitely notice an increase in how much you crit.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just got oht zerks. TBH i prefer the rank 8 poleblade if your ramping to rank 9. Even counting serk it hits higher than lunar and has some sexy adds.

2nd best pole in game (g 15 vana is better sadly) or axes on par with tt 90 gold or 3* OHT zerks
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sarasen - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options

With TT100, it's 50 mil gold mat + 5 mil for souls + 460 mil of raps = 515 mil
    With TT99, 2.5 mil X 2 for gold mats + 10 illusion stones (1-2 mil each?)+ 500 mil = 515 to 525 mil.
    QUOTE]

oh right didnt check that TT100 need 230 raps, but the thing is, i hear TT99gold dual axes are the same as 97 legendary in terms of damage and it is pretty close, so to get my 99 golds to a deccent standard id have to put another 200m in which is gna be very very long for me lol, while TT100s give me a deccent endgame axe while i can get the raps if u get what i mean, right now im just thinking of getting TT90 golds since there only about 20-30mill becuase i wud have to reforge a couple of times before i can get sac strike of gof on them which could actually take alot of raps, for me TT90 golds seem like the cheaper and safer option atm

Also, never ever planning to go rank, im lvl 101 with 2k rep. reason being, why give us dual paths and then limit us to only choosing 1 weapon? why spend over 1bill (or so ive heard) for r9 and then still have to buy a pole arm, fists and blades?? its bs imo, u may have ur opinion but thats mine on rank b:victory
  • sergio500
    sergio500 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Used Calamities until 9x, then started to use TT90 green Star axes for a little time, they're very cheap but boring to play w/o Sacrificial Strike.
    I'm using the TT90 gold now, they look great and it is relatively cheap to do add a 2nd socket (1000 stones + lvl9 gem cheaper than going +5 to +6 using D-orb on my server). I don't plan to get rank gear.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What the hell is wrong with your ability to preform basic logic dude?

Endgame axes = axes you use at the end of the game, In other words any axe you use BEFORE the last axes you'll ever use are not endgame

Endgame is rank 9 or vana

tt 100/99 are both jokes g 13 vana is mediocre at best GX's sucked even before pack sales.
    Just get any craptastic stopgap axes till you can aford real endgame. they're about useless till then in pvp and pve is just a joke.
  • sergio500
    sergio500 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Endgame axes = axes you use at the end of the game, In other words any axe you use BEFORE the last axes you'll ever use are not endgame

Endgame is rank 9 or vana if you are a heavy CSer and care more about PWI than RL

tt 100/99 are both jokes g 13 vana is mediocre at best GX's sucked even before pack sales.
    Just get any craptastic stopgap axes till you can aford real endgame. they're about useless till
    then in pvp and pve is just a joke.

corrected for you. b:bye
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I wasnt bothered to read all the posts but my two cents go to;

TT90, refine to +10 and farm R9.

Zerk > anything
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Endgame is rank 9 or vana

Just get any craptastic stopgap axes till you can aford real endgame. they're about useless till then in pvp and pve is just a joke.
    Wth? GX's were highly prevalent for BM's in TW until late last year and were great endgame axes until Nirvana axes came along, but even then, it was at least a half year or more until people started using them, then r9 came out. Nirvana axes or r9 are recommended for BM (who's BM is a main at least) nowadays but "even before pack sales"? Embellish much?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wth? GX's were highly prevalent for BM's in TW until late last year and were great endgame axes until Nirvana axes came along, but even then, it was at least a half year or more until people started using them, then r9 came out. Nirvana axes or r9 are recommended for BM (who's BM is a main at least) nowadays but "even before pack sales"? Embellish much?

Its not like anyone well geared was killed even semi reliably by GX's. Shure they could wipe out an arcane on a lucky zerk+crit at +3-+5 tt 90 gear but as people aproaced 100 with real gear they became horribly lacking. At endgame GX's were outpreformed by g 13 OHT.

In short GX's were great when tt 90 +5 was godly, anything past that and you may as well be swinging candy canes at em.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    sergio500 wrote: »
    corrected for you. b:bye

You don't have to spend a penny to get R9 or Nirvana Axes... or to be richer than the heaviest cash shoppers. You just need to have a good set up and know what you're doing.

Rank 9 axes are a lot better than Nirvana Axes even though they cost close to the same (including reforges). It's pretty lame for the people who got G15 axes before the R9 sales and can't resell em now that they're bound...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's pretty lame for the people who got G15 axes before the R9 sales and can't resell em now that they're bound...

b:cry

(nice avatar btw)
  • zachsfunk491
    zachsfunk491 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im new to this what is a tt90 axes. i am currently playing as a bm. how would i get those axes/b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • MrKnuckuls - Sanctuary
    MrKnuckuls - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im new to this what is a tt90 axes. i am currently playing as a bm. how would i get those axes/b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

they are one of several sets of TT axes usable at level 90. You get them buy doing TT (twilight temple) runs and collecting the mats for them, or buying the mats out right from other players
  • IronCloud - Lost City
    IronCloud - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You don't have to spend a penny to get R9 or Nirvana Axes... or to be richer than the heaviest cash shoppers. You just need to have a good set up and know what you're doing.

Rank 9 axes are a lot better than Nirvana Axes even though they cost close to the same (including reforges). It's pretty lame for the people who got G15 axes before the R9 sales and can't resell em now that they're bound...

While I completely agree with this...
    Does cash shopping make an astronomical impact on the speed of achieving said gear? Even if only 100-200$ every once in a while? Imo, most definitely.

Just need to "have a good set up and know what you're doing."

And from what I've seen if you try to get stats even half as good as what R9 axes give on NV axes.. they really do end up being close to the same price. Theoretically it could even cost more for the NV axes (depending on what stats you wanted to achieve). But bang for your buck, seems like R9 is quite worth the effort.
    b:pleased