Is it worth it to add dex for arcane?

TPstar - Sanctuary
TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
If an arcane wearing voidlands or Pan Gu Creator tome, the total dex would be 14. Would it be wise to add 6 dex to get that 1 extra critical rate?
Post edited by TPstar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2011
    No.

Just put leaf dance on your genie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Being that you're on Sanctuary.. no. Just wear a combination of channeling with crit, deferring to chan whenever possible over crit.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would agree and say no as well. Those points can be used for at least something more like vit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would agree and say no as well. Those points can be used for at least something more like vit

For venoes, yeah just a few DEX works, and left overs into VIT works perfectly fine. Able to take hits, and since they have physical skills from fox tree...

Other classes... No, not VIT either, better spent on MAG.

Edit:
    On the other hand... getting 20 DEX (green) may not be a bad idea at all.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    6 points for 1 crit is a bit too much. The break even point in terms of dps is around 4 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    6 points for 1 crit is a bit too much. The break even point in terms of dps is around 4 points.

Is 6 points even close to noticeable? 5 free points, per level... At level 50, you get like what? 245 free points? By 100, its 495 points... How will that hurt at all?
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Not worth it indeed. If crit are is low, 1% more will not do anything much.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well.. my cleric wears the Event P def cape which gives her 7 + 5 base which is 12 then I used the TT 99 gold arcane boots which give 9 dex as well.. giving me 21. Theres a crit ^^ Plus the stack of having the boots with the sleeves give you channelling. And it doesnt have to be the p def cape.. it could be the -6 chan cape as well. So if you wanted a crit.. there you go.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No TP b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have 20 dexterity with my gear on. Crits with patakas hurt a lot, so a few dexterity points won't be missed on vitality or magic for an improved changed to do double damage.
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    For venoes, yeah just a few DEX works, and left overs into VIT works perfectly fine. Able to take hits, and since they have physical skills from fox tree...

Other classes... No, not VIT either, better spent on MAG.

Edit:
    On the other hand... getting 20 DEX (green) may not be a bad idea at all.

FYI Clerics should have vit. Because if you cant get amazing gear your hp is going to suck. Clerics should put about 50-100 vit depending on how well you can refine. And shard P def, with p def orns.. This makes for a cleric that isnt going to get 1 shot by every AOE out there. And might I add.. Noone believes me when I say my cleric has 100 vit because her heals are no different then a pure magic cleric. You have to remember, its stacks. And very little of comes from magic attack. The only difference between my cleric and another that is pure magic of equil gear is I have 1000 more hp. b:bye
  • Saintblu - Sanctuary
    Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FYI Clerics should have vit. Because if you cant get amazing gear your hp is going to suck. Clerics should put about 50-100 vit depending on how well you can refine. And shard P def, with p def orns.. This makes for a cleric that isnt going to get 1 shot by every AOE out there. And might I add.. Noone believes me when I say my cleric has 100 vit because her heals are no different then a pure magic cleric. You have to remember, its stacks. And very little of comes from magic attack. The only difference between my cleric and another that is pure magic of equil gear is I have 1000 more hp. b:bye

Same for wizard going pure mag, yeah you hit like a truck but your squishy as hell. Most pro wizard just use vit equips. Me Im a special wizard I have more vit then the normal wzard supposed to. At lower lvl it seems to be a bad idea to add vit to a wizard, but when you get to around 90+ the vit really starts to show, seeing as I don't have epic gear anymore(Retired) and I still have over 5k hp. Most pure wizard my lvl without epic gear have around 33.4k-3.6k hp. Dex on a wizard is a horrible idea unless you playing on going Light armor, which sucks once you get to 90+. Seeing as most wizard go LA for the extra def, but at 90+ a wizard should have def ALMOST equaled to, (or more) his mag def. Do tot he fact a wizard get a hell of alot of def at 90+ no atter if you Arcane/ or Light armor.
  • Tekodo - Raging Tide
    Tekodo - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011

True - hp sucks if you have horrible gear as a pure cleric. Then again - with mediocre (and farmable) gear you already have enough hp for every pve instance... And Mag has a huge impact to heals. IH has a low constant heal and a %-part which strongly is based on your base attack. But its not hard to compensate that with a better weapon. But then you already need to have to invest into that and could have as well invested that money into mediocre to good gear and profit more...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    in my opinion adding the 6 dex is worth it.

losing 6 mag is a joke in the grand scheme. It's worth a little more mag attack, whereas adding dex for the crit % leads to a higher chance at double damage, which as a wizard means you won the fight.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FYI Clerics should have vit. Because if you cant get amazing gear your hp is going to suck. Clerics should put about 50-100 vit depending on how well you can refine. And shard P def, with p def orns.. This makes for a cleric that isnt going to get 1 shot by every AOE out there.

I have a pure magic cleric 92... she has around 4.5k hp unbuffed... all sharded with hp g7 or g8 (if i got 4 socks gear - like the lighting effect) all my gear is +5 with mirages and tienkan stones i got from TB quest in my alts.... i can heal pretty much good in any situation and all my skills are maxed. Ive compared my stats with VIT / LA clerics and despite they might have a little bit more of hp, their heals really REALLY SUCK!

Playing a full magic char isnt about pretty good gear or money to buy it but being smart to survive in different kind of situations... last night a seeker pulling FC died in big physical mobs run because of a lag issue.. and I found myself surrounded by 30 of those... i put my shell on and ran for my life.... and i didnt die :P

ive seen a lot of clerics dying to one or 2 mobs, instead of trying to heal themselves u.u

because of this i would recommend going PURE MAG, on magic casters. Better heals, more DD.
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Dex on an arcane char ?

IMHO:

No, so not worth it...

Better spend the points in vit.
    On my cleric I have capped my vit at 50, rest of my HP comes from equipment.
    The vit helps a LOT in NOT getting killed by Boss physical AOE's.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i tried my friends LA Cleric...horrible. Her IH couldnt keep up with any dmg (she was capable to bring out only 1/4 of what i usually can).

I tried another friends Cleric with vit of 103 (i remember, cause i was facepalming after) and i m saying same..HEALS SUCKED.

She on the other side played my cleric and said she liked it. She did restat after that to my build.

You may say that pure clerics are less surviable...yet they have in average 1k-3k more magic attack (that is ALOT) than a VIT or LA Cleric (Temptest of pure mag = one shot to most). For me its better to one shot the enemy before he reaches me, than hope my HP and pdef is enough to survive a r9 Archer.

Fact is..Pure Mag does in average more damage than a LA build. There been mass of threads about it and they proved all same.

And why the hell everyone is concentrating only on IH? Seriously we use since like almost a year most of times only wellspring cause of sins and bm tanking. Maybe IH stacks and gives VIT clerics oppotunities to "survive"...yet Wellspring doesnt. And this skill really relies on your Mag Attack ...AOE Heals, BB and rest as well btw.

Best example today..bh Warsong. Vit Clerics BB couldnt keep up with Snakes AOE..gratz to your 7k HP, but your ****ty Heals couldnt keep up with the dmg to us.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    in my opinion adding the 6 dex is worth it.

losing 6 mag is a joke in the grand scheme. It's worth a little more mag attack, whereas adding dex for the crit % leads to a higher chance at double damage, which as a wizard means you won the fight.

1% chance to win by pure luck or lose by fail build worth it?

In addition to what ColdSnow says above: the sage versions of IH, and Wellspring can help a bit. You're borked on Regeneration Aura though. This is what can make or break a Wiz in RB. If I see a cleric with a low MP pool; I request leveling of the Health aura. The money you save on equips: you pay out for MP charms/ pots, fail RBs, etc. -(not worth it)