Are there still simple players?

Options
laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
There isn't really better free mmorpg (without month paying) which is better than Perfect world. I always want back in this game. I have a question: are there still simple players, such as, who don't care about the best items and enjoy the game? If it is, what are your thoughts?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Everything is better then perfect world now, that includes going for a dump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • laisvis
    laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I was talking about features such as flying, custimization, many classes, good graphic... not economic! I really can't find better mmorpg which has su much pros as Perfect world. So, are there still simple players? :D
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *raises hand* =P I've been below lvl50 for 3 months now, and I'm in no rush what so ever. I've been enjoying the journey and the story of the game, rather than OMGWTFBBQ GOTTA RUSH TO 100!! I started playing originally when you signed up, December 08, and I've always just enjoyed the game and the people in it ^^

I definitely don't have the best items(aside from my wings, but those were a gift), and I don't really care to get them (unless it would really help me survive squadding later on, which is my job as a cleric). I've got a wonderful, helpful guild that's not heck bent on owning every corner of the map, and helps people get their gear when they need it.

Also, the quote in my sig is in regards to all these people that rush to 100 and then get bored with the game. =P Slow down and enjoy the mayhem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well if ur a casual player, play casual. Thats how i am... i dont feel the need to race to lvl100+, buy FCs, buy R8/9 and become another statistic. I just go with the flow and chill/talk with my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would say the classes with the most "simple" gear that nobody is going to care whether or not you have a R8/R9 wep (TW aside) or are APS are mystic, seeker, cleric, wizard, psychic. It's certainly viable to be a "simple" player you just have to understand your limitations.
  • Filtered - Archosaur
    Filtered - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Does being simple minded count as a simple player?

I love my simple mind. It's so easy to amuse.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just join a non-tw family faction. Many casual players in those.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have move to Raging Tide server to start over dumping my lvl 101 psy with full r9, just to try do this game right . with no push for best armor like you need in pvp server..b:shutup
  • Saintblu - Sanctuary
    Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    laisvis wrote: »
    There isn't really better free mmorpg (without month paying) which is better than Perfect world. I always want back in this game. I have a question: are there still simple players, such as, who don't care about the best items and enjoy the game? If it is, what are your thoughts?

LOL I love pwi but my friend there are TONS of other games that better then pwi. Maybe 3 years ago pwi was the 3rd best free to play game, but now a days alot of the pay to play games went free, and alot of free games coming out with alot of future you would see on a pay to play game.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    PWI can indeed be "pay to win" but if a casual player wants to enjoy an mmo that does indeed have tons to offer, Fuzzy knows no better.

Don't get disheartened by those who suggest the game broken. If a casual player who isn't hell bent on having the greatest gear possible or the highest pk count wants to simply enjoy themselves, there are many guilds on every server with like-minded players simply looking to have fun. b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And the opinion of a mod sure is very objective.

I agree tho, when it comes to the content itself, PWI is a pretty fine game. Offers a whole lot of things, and if the company managed the game better (on literally every level, whether it is bug fixes or press release or the mad race to endgame gears through severe cash shopping), then it would easily be one of the best mmos out there.

But well, it is what it is.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've always been a casual player. I don't care about speed leveling and the drama that entails. I just play for fun. To me, when games stop being fun I lose my reason for even playing them. That's probably why I come and go from PW on occasion. It's fun, but I get tired of playing it.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I m sure been ages lvl99-100 on my cleric and never bothered to get better gear for her. Have only tt90 with flawless and +3 and lvl50 ornaments. People say i m good cleric, never complained about or to me in any way. I have only one fashion set on each char. i didnt spend any coin since 2009 so...i consider myself as simple minded. b:victory

btw: i lvled from 99 to 100 only due cube, cause i got fed up of FC xD
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm one of them! :D I enjoy playing at my own pace and just play with my cousin. It's still fun for me and I never aim for the best. I'm on a PvE server, so I don't care much. I play other games to keep me sane as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Speaking of games... I used to play a little game called Team Fortress 2 that 'got a cash shop' but it recent got a cash shop and free to play. TF2 is hardly a simple game to play its dynamically complex for the class you play and a rock, paper and scissors-a-thon.

If you're smart you'd like it. Its pretty exquisite.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Speaking of games... I used to play a little game called Team Fortress 2 that 'got a cash shop' but it recent got a cash shop and free to play. TF2 is hardly a simple game to play its dynamically complex for the class you play and a rock, paper and scissors-a-thon.

fail to see what this has to do with pwi and casually playing for fun but hey more power to ya.

i agree pwi, atleast in pve aspects has its good points. especially if u dont mind going through it as fast as possible and prefer to enjoy the instances while talking to friends in the squad. if the pwi staff would get around to fixing some of the glitches then it would be a very very good game. i mean rubber banding and dying because the dev's fail to fix a 3 yr old issue is ridiculous. but hey aslong as u can find the humor in it, nothing really to complain about. i give pwi a solid... 7.5/10 as far as enjoyability goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    casual player,non cashshop,
    im not wearing any decent and up to date TT armors,
    i dont really care about those r8,r9 and the other rank shts
    i enjoy this game while im always in non-TW factions b:victory
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • The_Massacre - Raging Tide
    The_Massacre - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Casual playing for me was testing classes, builds, styles, etc.

I never had the "best gear" at 3x (lvl i tested at (for PvP)) and just enjoyed chatting and testing.

To me, a "casual" playing day is one where i faceroll people for fun, like wtfpwning b:surrender.

The best casual playing is done on a PvE server, but on those, there are some very hardcore TW people, and very hardcore CSers to one-shot any lvl 3x+ that mindlessly goes white-named.

Overall, theres still a bunch of people to casually talk, hunt, PvP, BH, grind/farm, RP, etc. with, you just have to find them and figure out what their quirks are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] - E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B: "Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody/Everything In Sight Build"

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, 10x's are hating, but they don't know me. - Rated PG
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Casual player here.

I don't care about the best of the best items. I do with what I have or can find at auction.

I play in rotation 4 chars a day, about 12-14 hours a day. Bh on one, bh on the other, bh on the other. I get on whoever is needed to go help faction/friends or someone world chatting more then 5 times with no answers..

I do, sometimes, put a bit in game, but it was really just to save a bit of time (Getting those tt99 arms) or for other things that are too costy in game (Getting mariied for now more then a year to my same wife/gf)

Else, if I join a squad and people start to look at my gear, don't like it, and kick me, fine by me. I know what I can do with good-mid gear and if some people don't appreciate me cause i'm not 5 aps, some of my friends do.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It all comes down to what you understand by "casual". I play casually too, I enjoy the game, I do my quests, I help my friends...BUT I ALSO ENJOY running Nirvana or any other "hardcore" (whatever that means in PWI nowadays) high level instance for coin to get the best possible gear there is as an ultimate goal.

You can't just login for giggles and fly around the map, "chatting with friends". There's instant messaging software for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think it depends really.

I started playing this game during open beta. So 2007 ish? I cannot remember. Then, there were all sorts of silly characters. Barbarians using bows = bowbarian. It was silly but everyone played what they loved. It was hilarious.

I took a break and then came back to start a cleric, veno, barb, seeker (deleted), mystic and then this cleric.

During that time I was creating all the characters, I realized that I want to be good at ONE character, which led me to this toon. I won't say I'm rushing, but I will say I want to get to 100 sometime and just be a great, if not awesome cleric. People tell me I'm good all the time, but I still think I can do better.

As for gears and stuff, well, I would like to run Nirvana just to get a taste of it, so I will have to work on gear. But it's an ongoing process. (:

So some think I'm a cash shopper because I opened a couple of packs and got lucky with my Cube Stamp, but bottomline, I'm loving my cleric, and just want to see it get to endgame someday.

And maybe I'll wanna try to see how TW is like. And not just watch system message to see who won/lost.
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There are casuals in every game, and there are serious players as well. PWI is no different.

Personally, I've been playing since before Dreamweaver opened, and I have 45 characters on said server. Ain't in any rush to get to a high level, nor be competitive when I get there.
    And the opinion of a mod sure is very objective.
    They're not PWE employees, they have no reason to suck up.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

TF2 is awesome
    Sniper FTW
    we can play some time my nick there is the same as here ^^
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i lost a lot of respect of this game -.- before Tideborn expansion the game was good. but now its just turn really bad to play and boring. FC with no lv limit and ppl hyper FC or sell FC just ruins the game as u cant find any low lvs or ppl doing their current BH.

What ruins this game mostly is Aps, heavy cashers and FCs. Tokens....well its ok. Im thinking of writing a review about PWI giving Good yet mostly bad points.
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ive always played casual. I started this game on april 2009 (in Harshlands by mistake - i didnt know what was a PvP server xDD) with my archer... im from Lima, Peru and here we dont have money to cash shop.. so i had to work my way around to get stuff. I remember the first thing i bought was a spurred kirin for my main (that i still have until now) which by then was like "wooow so expensive... (3.4m)" when packs came out i used my coins to buy them in game and gamble a little... at some point i got some uncannie chest, lunar cape, and other things.... Ive always farmed my gear in TT... but archers never got a fair pick so i decided to build other chars... thats why i ended up with a cleric, a barbarian, a veno.. and other toons... currently building a mystic (:P) All my alts have quested until around 60 and then dailies to 70 or so... :P

For me the game is fun because i can enjoy the classes and achieve things on each of them... and i use my archer to farm their gear (rank 8 5 aps) so its nice for me :P I really dont wanna push them to 100.... at least not for now.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Bathroom's this way. Have fun? Don't forget to flush thoroughly and to use the deodorizer. Thanks.

Anyway, I began playing videogames at a young age, so I am happy with little things.
    PWI is no different. I may have seen a nice part of the game, at the present moment I am not really addicted to it anymore; yet a little progress from time to time, like leveling my characters very slowly, getting a few more coins by harvesting, mob killing and this to afford myself a piece of gear or two is always nice.

I have gotten attached a lot to my characters and I don't see myself leaving the game soon, unless some ultimate catastrophe occurs.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~