Comments

• AntiCreed - Lost City
    AntiCreed - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    For barbs ?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    theres an edit button, no need to double post because you forgot to finish your question..

anywho....
    R9 is considered to be the "best" for a Barbarian, but it doesnt compare in terms of magical defenses to a Nirvy build + Warsong belt with decently high refines.

Rank 9 does have higher pdef and hp from refines than nirvana though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Don't forget though, that R9 comes with 4 sockets, while Nirvana is anywhere from 2-4 sockets. Buying the socket stones to get 4 sockets costs more than R9 itself when everything is totaled. The magic defense from Nirvana is better, true, but it doesn't compare to the 10 extra defense levels R9 gives.

Nirvana DOES seem to perform slightly better in one situation, though (running numbers from PW calc): Purged, buffless, and undine strike debuffed against R9 magic users. It comes out slightly ahead in favor of full Nirvana 4-socket primeval sharded set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ^JoSD on a full stage 2 build (or rank 9 for that matter) performs better than Vit stones. This can be verified by running the numbers through the effective health calculations. On sample builds I've made, under the conditions of:

Purge, GS, Undine Strike, STA:
    Rank 9 has slightly higher hp (not by much) and about 1-2% extra pdef over full stage 2 nirvana. Full stage 2 Nirvana has about 10% more mdef than Rank 9.

yes rank 9 provides a few extra defense levels as part of the complect bonus, but g16 warsong belt (though expensive as hell) closes the gap in that regard.

compare rank 9: http://pwcalc.com/11f269d46f64321b
    stage 2 TT nirvana: http://pwcalc.com/879e50a3eb4c173d

*btw forgot to remove the BKI buff

I'm personally aiming for the stage 2 nirvy build shown there as I feel its a much more viable pvp tank build thank the rank 9 option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Better is certainly R9, however, people ask a very general, unspecific question and don't quite care to understand why one would choose either set. APS barbs would generally stick to TT gear, attack/cata barbs R9 (insane arma damage from an r9), and cata/rb vit build barbs Nirvana. It depends on the play style and attribute allocation as to which might be more favourable, not to mention budget. I can't find r9 worth it for my barb because I have an assload of characters, and as much as I'd like to Nirvana my barb shares gear with my BM who loses significant DPS by a high reduction of A/R. OTOH, 15 vit bonus for 4 pieces of TT99 is nothing to sneeze at, my barb when switching to sage has over 20K HP, which is more than sufficient for what he's made for.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have atm Aps / Event gear, which is gonna be shared with my bm when he at some point reaches lv.100.

I can't really be bothered getting r9 atm, aps build works fine for me. I can still do everything I could before, and depending on situation, alot faster.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    R9 is always better, this holds true for every single class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    r9 is even useful for APS barbs.. when i can get the money, I do plan to get r9 ring, axe and pants. barbs are the onyl class given with R9 -int pants. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karjala__ - Sanctuary
    Karjala__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    r9 is even useful for APS barbs.. when i can get the money, I do plan to get r9 ring, axe and pants. barbs are the onyl class given with R9 -int pants. b:victory

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28585