Knightblayde's PvE Seeker Guide

Comments

• beastzzzzzzz
    beastzzzzzzz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hi i have a lvl 35 seeker and my stats are a little messed up as no one told me there was a formula i should follow so im trying to fix my seeker plz let me no how i should continued on my way to fix my seeker! And i want to fix him to solo were im not relying on my Faction because they dont help me at all.

Str= 90
    Vit=54
    Dex=44
    mag=7

i dont use points on mag
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hi i have a lvl 35 seeker and my stats are a little messed up as no one told me there was a formula i should follow so im trying to fix my seeker plz let me no how i should continued on my way to fix my seeker! And i want to fix him to solo were im not relying on my Faction because they dont help me at all.

Str= 90
    Vit=54
    Dex=44
    mag=7

i dont use points on mag

Are these your base attribute points (without gear bonuses)? If you can give me your base attribute points, I can probably calculate a stat point plan.

There technically isn't a set formula that all seekers use -- most of it is preference. However, there are minimum requirements you can aim for and put the extra points where you like. I'll explain this once I get your base attribute points :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notso - Raging Tide
    Notso - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    (I'm Notsononymous)

I kinda made up my own build (I switch between different types at different points in my level up), so I can send you a link to that if you want. But I think it works for minimum gear requirements.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I would like to know if any seekers grind without using bloodpaint. I am tired of using xD 2 accounts at the same time sometimes for grinding.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    I farm map 3 (aka old valley of the scarred) when there's nothing to do and just heal using pots from drops or ToP from genie. BP is more of a luxury than a necessity for grinding, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    I farm map 3 (aka old valley of the scarred) when there's nothing to do and just heal using pots from drops or ToP from genie. BP is more of a luxury than a necessity for grinding, imo.

xD Wow need to get 3rd map then xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    xD Wow need to get 3rd map then xD.

Not to discourage you, but map 3 is usually occupied by other people when you go there. I can only enjoy it on days when its empty. b:embarrass b:surrender

Farming the melee mobs in hell is an alternative, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Not to discourage you, but map 3 is usually occupied by other people when you go there. I can only enjoy it on days when its empty. b:embarrass b:surrender

Farming the melee mobs in hell is an alternative, though.
    Well xD puts less pressure, cant wait for 95 although only 34mil exp to go. :)
    Cool. Anyways one last question, for single mode tt do i need to bp to solo it? or i am fine without it. I know squad is better but sometimes i do a litle single mode tt for short breaks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Well xD puts less pressure, cant wait for 95 although only 34mil exp to go. :)
    Cool. Anyways one last question, for single mode tt do i need to bp to solo it? or i am fine without it. I know squad is better but sometimes i do a litle single mode tt for short breaks.

Personally, I do farming instances like that on my bm, but I would assume it would be easy enough with crab meat and ToP from your genie. Before I got any real APS on my bm, I was able to solo farm 1-x and 2-x using the aforementioned healing methods. However, this may be due to the fact that bell was giving me extra defense.

Give it a try b:victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Personally, I do farming instances like that on my bm, but I would assume it would be easy enough with crab meat and ToP from your genie. Before I got any real APS on my bm, I was able to solo farm 1-x and 2-x using the aforementioned healing methods. However, this may be due to the fact that bell was giving me extra defense.

Give it a try b:victory.

Cool i will try grinding hell. :D thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Mind Shatter
    ⊲ Personal Comments
    This debuff can be quite situational, especially if you don't normally squad with wood/water magic users. Level later if you like.

⊲ Uses
    Apply this on bosses or mobs that your squad needs to kill quick if your squad contains classes that make the best use of water or wood magic such as a psychic or venomancer.

This skill doesn't work dude, its glitched.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Mephilia - Archosaur
    Mephilia - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Would you say there is ever a stopping point for alternating 5 Str/5 Dex, or just do that all the way to endgame and allocate for Vit to make up for lack of Hp? I'm used to squishy builds since all I have played thus far are casters, so this will be easier I think. Not to mention I have no problem dying should it occur and I'm not going to QQ all over the forums about it either...
    edited July 2011
    Dex should be capped at about 160 (at most, without any dex boost from items) to retain the crit breakpoint and reach the 154 minimum to wield any sword/blade in the game. More str is a bit of extra damage.

Vit isn't really needed, especially if you plan on getting gear with refines/shards to help with the lack of HP. It's more of a preference thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Dex should be capped at about 160 (at most, without any dex boost from items) to retain the crit breakpoint and reach the 154 minimum to wield any sword/blade in the game. More str is a bit of extra damage.

Vit isn't really needed, especially if you plan on getting gear with refines/shards to help with the lack of HP. It's more of a preference thing.

Same could be argued in favour of vit. Nowadays with rank weapons and Jone's blessing, +10 weapon can mean that you are able to drop 150 points into vit for more survivability, afterall, higher HP with a naturally high defence level means even greater survivability.
    edited July 2011
    Same could be argued in favour of vit. Nowadays with rank weapons and Jone's blessing, +10 weapon can mean that you are able to drop 150 points into vit for more survivability, afterall, higher HP with a naturally high defence level means even greater survivability.

Yep, this is true. This is one of the reasons why I find it hard to answer the question of those asking what's the "perfect" seeker stat build. You have to customize your build to complement the gear you plan to get and are certain you can obtain. I guess the best answer is minimum str and dex for gear, then customize the rest based on what works best with the gear you'll get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • K_nick_Z - Heavens Tear
    K_nick_Z - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    buddy ib:heart ur guide b:pleased.. i really like it:D
    edited July 2011
    Several times people have found themselves lost in the advice on what skills to level up in my skills section. I thought the color code would be enough, but I guess it's not working for some. Any suggestions on how I could make it easier to read/understand? Should I just add a list at the end of that section, indicating suggested skills to level? My original intent was to rate the skills and give a small explanation of why I gave it that rating, so readers could get some base knowledge about the skills. I just didn't want to put a list there and go tell people to max them in said order with no reasoning behind it. It would be more of an instruction manual than a guide b:surrender.

Thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FeHide - Sanctuary
    FeHide - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Several times people have found themselves lost in the advice on what skills to level up in my skills section. I thought the color code would be enough, but I guess it's not working for some. Any suggestions on how I could make it easier to read/understand? Should I just add a list at the end of that section, indicating suggested skills to level? My original intent was to rate the skills and give a small explanation of why I gave it that rating, so readers could get some base knowledge about the skills. I just didn't want to put a list there and go tell people to max them in said order with no reasoning behind it. It would be more of an instruction manual than a guide b:surrender.

Thoughts?

Your guide has helped me quite a bit. This is the first melee toon I've played that I actually enjoy playing. The thing about the skills section is there are just a few skills you identify as useful to level until 80+, and not much discussion as to what skills are really useful as you're working through 40-80.

I mean, you could just kill things one by one, triggering NSW whenever its marked, but that seems...boring. OTOH, you could use ion spike, dark cloud bolt & stalag to to stomp through 2-4 mobs at once (IDK if this is the best way, but it seems to work...). I know its not vortex, but at this point, you only have one spark, so why not make the most use of it?

Maybe its something as simple as not using red for these skills that are really useful in the middle levels, as just the color alone makes you assume its bad?
  • voltzen
    voltzen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this isnt a pvp build but what out of the 4 builds is better for pvp? and i like the 1-50 7 str 3 dex 50-86 5 str 5 dex 86-100 6 str 4 dex but idk if its good :P b:cry
  • Zhiken - Heavens Tear
    Zhiken - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    should i do 5str 3dex 2vit every 2 lvls till lvl 100 then restat for a 7str 3dex build or just go 7str 3dex right off the bat

plz reply THANKS
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    should i do 5str 3dex 2vit every 2 lvls till lvl 100 then restat for a 7str 3dex build or just go 7str 3dex right off the bat

plz reply THANKS

Its up to you. If you got money to refine and shard alot then go 7str 3dex off the bat. But if you want some vit then do like 5str and 3dex 2vit till like 50vit, then go 7str 3dex and reset later if you want more str.

Or third option you do the 5str and 3dex 2vit till 100 by then you would know then reset to the 7str 3dex. There is no best build. Heck no wonder i reset like dozens of times and i am about to reset to. Down to 60vit and leaving it that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    Nandii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hey from which level you guys we're saying stop taking DEX!!!
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Hey from which level you guys we're saying stop taking DEX!!!

XD tough question but when you get 160dex XD that is the minimum to wear all the end game gear and weapon in the game. So 160 dex is your answer stop adding DEX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Thank you.....
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    am going by heavy armor but i dunn noe what and where to buy armor gear sword...

anyone an help me lvl 52
  • mysteryscenee
    mysteryscenee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    great guide o.o
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Theres one minor thing that you possibly left out bout lvl 60-69 equipment, that there is a legendary lvl 61 sword (Illusive Lunar Cutlass) tht should last till lvl 70-72. Not entirely sure if most would use this sword but i have seen some seekers use it but dont knw for how long though either.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • lataniel
    lataniel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for very informative and usefull guide :)
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is a good primer for wouldbe seekers. Thanks for writing it.

And maybe I missed it, but if no one has pointed it out yet:

Edged Blur does do less damage than Vortex as an AoE, but its utility comes from being able to use all your other skills while it's active (except maybe vortex).
  • Ruubgaal - Heavens Tear
    Ruubgaal - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok let me begin from level one of seeker. The key to quick leveling and finding out how to use ur seeker to the fullest are quests. I started playing the game as a seeker wednesday and i got to level 3 by doing the begging quests and i only killed the bluepaw lemurs lol. Then i had to get off and then got back on thursday and started playin for real. I was into the class man its a great class if you what your doing im still learning and learned a bit of things from this guide. I started with the 6 str 3 dex 1 vit every 2 levels. It wasnt working you get ***** quick and cannot hold a 2v1 battle early on. I had to meditate and use pots til i ran out because a seeker can only take on 4 mobs early on. Then later on i got to 13 and got the first stance and then later on the fallow up skill staggering. I was still loosing health quick after 4 kills then i switched build 2str 2 dex and 1 vit every level and that works great. I can kill 8 mobs before getting to around 200 hp. I got to level 20 by thursday night. Today friday my goal was 25 which i got and quests are the fastest way to level no freakin joke. Mobs dont give you $hit when quests give you 20% and way above. Also i havent bought a single piece of armor got evey thing in quests and the supply stash. For skills hm. I leveled up staggering and batsoui or whatever it is maxed for my level because there great. First stance mark+maxed to ur level(both skill)= over 1k dmg at level 25 the 2nd sword you get from supply stash makes ur dmg 300-400 cant remember the right on amount at level 25. For other skills like this guide says get level one of evey skill so you can get next ones in the skill tree. I havent touched any of the other skills because they dont ned to be leveled like alot later. Oh and if anyone is around 20-27 and would like to duo or trio or what ever lol for doing quests quick and getting the rewards faster my seekers name in the game is Ruubgaal. I also found out more seekers or a mystic in your squad and you can fly through quests and levels. So i basicly got 25 levels in 2 and 1/4 days. If i didnt die a billion times to learn how to get better for the situation i would be level 30. Woooo that was alot ok so if you read all of this i hope it helped on something about ur seeker and if your 20-27 just hit me up in the game tomorrow and ik help yah on ur quests to catch up levels with me and then we can keep party up to do the quests we will get. Thank you, your welcome, and laters.