Can A Seeker Wield 2 Swords or Blades??

Options
Delegarth - Archosaur
Delegarth - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just stared the game and I liked the seeker very much, any I would really really like it more if I can wield 2 Swords and Blades, so Can I ???
And It would be great if someone told me what is the best weapon for the Seeker Class??
Thanks Guys
b:bye
Post edited by Delegarth - Archosaur on

Comments

• XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You have use of all the blades but your best bet would be to hover over the weapon and see what kind of damage it does, then compare it to another dual blade/dual sword/sword/blade.
  • Delegarth - Archosaur
    Delegarth - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Okay thank you very much b:pleasedb:pleasedb:byeb:bye
  • FedeZito - Raging Tide
    FedeZito - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But what is the best type of weapon for us? Or is the same thing and just we should to use the best weapon we have?
    Thanks
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Depends on both the damage the sword(s)/blade(s) do, and the attack rate.

Compare all swords/blades of your lvl on those 2 things, and see which you prefer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Surla - Heavens Tear
    Surla - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dual swords/blades tend to have a slightly higher attack than single but a lower attack rate (plus a really really stupid attack animation :P) dual swords/blades=0.91 attacks per second single sword/blade=1.11 it doesn't seem like a big difference but when you get gear with -interval(between hits) it adds up well with single sword/bladesb :victory
  • FedeZito - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thank you very much Ryuukaze and Surla for the answers.
    b:victory
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dual swords/blades tend to have a slightly higher attack than single but a lower attack rate (plus a really really stupid attack animation :P) dual swords/blades=0.91 attacks per second single sword/blade=1.11 it doesn't seem like a big difference but when you get gear with -interval(between hits) it adds up well with single sword/bladesb :victory

The word interval should never be uttered about Seekers. We are skill spammers, interval is useless to us. The higher damage of dual is better for us because it also makes our skills hit harder. Which, as I said, we are skill spammers, so that is a big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The word interval should never be uttered about Seekers. We are skill spammers, interval is useless to us. The higher damage of dual is better for us because it also makes our skills hit harder. Which, as I said, we are skill spammers, so that is a big deal.

^This. Got many aoes out there. You will love using them in chain b:dirty

Just don't Leeroy if you think you won't survive or get someone on your squad killed XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Single swords will give you a bit more chi during auto-attacks (if you are lazy and/or out of mp), but Loves is right, seekers=skill spam, so its kind of a moot point.
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The word interval should never be uttered about Seekers. We are skill spammers, interval is useless to us.

100%
    Single swords will give you a bit more chi during auto-attacks (if you are lazy and/or out of mp), but Loves is right, seekers=skill spam, so its kind of a moot point.

This might belong in the seeker forum (Fuzzy is undecided to move it just yet) but once you start getting towards end-game the idea that a single sword is for the lazy isn't true at all. On his seeker Fuzzy is currently using a +7 Lamp of Soul and its an amazing sword. It actually seems to out preform the panda's equivalent set of Demoic Rebuttal.

(Fuzzy had to waste the Dragonling on something b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    ...but once you start getting towards end-game the idea that a single sword is for the lazy isn't true at all. On his seeker Fuzzy is currently using a +7 Lamp of Soul and its an amazing sword. It actually seems to out preform the panda's equivalent set of Demoic Rebuttal.

Really, at that level though it kinda comes down to personal preference, since the weapons end up close enough. On my seeker I have a +10 Phoenix Frenzy: Nirvana, and my skills hit decently harder than the single blade +10 Radiant Eye Claymore (rank 8). But really, once you get to end game levels, its more about the adds of the weapons than whether it is single or dual blade.

Given that the players asking for the advice are still lower level though, I would find it hard pressed to suggest they take the weaker but faster hitting single blades, for the simple fact that lower weapons dont (or very rarely) have adds to distinguish themselves. Plus its a good idea to try to learn to be a skill user instead of an autoattacker from the start, just to stop bad habits before they happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • FedeZito - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Great info! Thank you people b:victory