PvP against venos - how to fight Bramble?

VorTexX_HUN - Archosaur
VorTexX_HUN - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Blademaster
Any experiences, ideas, opinions? Cause in PVP I realized that hitting a veno when she has her lvl 10 Bramble buff on makes me kill myself.
Post edited by VorTexX_HUN - Archosaur on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Go white name.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • cofinestz
    cofinestz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Drop the bluename and fight them out of sz in actual PVP...Then u wont have to worry about it b:victory But seriously your level 100, you should be able to work around a veno's bramble guard and bramble hood in duels...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    One or two shotting them works well too.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    duels aren't real pvp.
  • VorTexX_HUN - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    cofinestz wrote: »
    Drop the bluename and fight them out of sz in actual PVP...Then u wont have to worry about it b:victory But seriously your level 100, you should be able to work around a veno's bramble guard and bramble hood in duels...

Well, this is my first char, and I've never had too much chance to fight other players, cause I focused more on lvling up first, getting used to the game, learning the basic PvE stuff, improving my gear, etc. That's why I asked for help here; I couldn't find any guides regarding this matter. But thanx for the info anyways.
    edited June 2011
    Okay, here is the thing. I tried some tactics dueling my friend's veno. No matter what I do, if she gets her Bramble Hood (not guard) on, I'm good as dead. Even with ranged attacks like Drake Ray or Spirit Chaser or Myriad Sword Stance, which must be a glitch, cause her skill should reflect melee dmg only. Any ideas?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nvmd, not worth posting.
    edited June 2011
    Nvmd, not worth posting.
    Ty for the kind and informative answer. I knew I could count on you b:cry
  • TheStalker - Dreamweaver
    TheStalker - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Roar of the Pride > Kill pet > Drake Bash veno once Roar's up > wait wait wait > Smack > Roar of the Pride > beat up miss veno with her sexy hips and great rack and seductive tail.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bramble only works in like TW and pvp events, oh and pve... dueling isn't PvP..
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    How is dueling not pvp? lol it's player versus player, obviously...

Charms won't save you and both players are equally ready to attack.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    How is dueling not pvp? lol it's player versus player, obviously...

Charms won't save you and both players are equally ready to attack.

Because there's like 23697 random rules in duel that people make up. No food, no mp pot, no genie, no running (serious), no self-healing with skill, no apoc, and all the other random **** people think are the unspoken rules of duels.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Because there's like 23697 random rules in duel that people make up. No food, no mp pot, no genie, no running (serious), no self-healing with skill, no apoc, and all the other random **** people think are the unspoken rules of duels.

People tell my cleric that she's not allowed to heal herself in duels. -.-

But then again in room 34 people have tried to gank me as I ported in, so I used immunity apos and killed them and then been whispered "you aren't supposed to use apos in pvp."

I consider both pvp but being white named is a way to kind of be a snob. These same people who tell you how unfair duels are then run off, get full buffs and will have a cleric heal them during a pvp fight. Or wait for another persons fight to be close to finishing and then aoe both people grabbing a set of kills from the shadows. PK mode is fair in some ways, very unfair in others. Same with dueling. I never thought it was fair that I was too lazy to restat my pve genie, my char, and my gear to be pvp only since I find it so boring and prefer PvE, but others do restat everything to be pure pvp.

Magic marrow up, kite the pet a bit and either leap past to the veno and roar, or if she send the pet out of range after you just kill it. When they use Hood, don't attack. Use roar to stun, or occult ice (genie) or a single DB, or Smack, or if those aren't option AD yourself for a few seconds and tank their attacks till Hood dies. Btw, Hood lasts 15 seconds so go work on your stun lock.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But then again in room 34 people have tried to gank me as I ported in, so I used immunity apos and killed them and then been whispered "you aren't supposed to use apos in pvp."

i loled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I think that depends on who you duel.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    SOOOOOOO true....
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you do decide to drop the blue tag and realy pvp VS venos. 100% chance to always win vs a veno.

First charge them and just before they lucky scarabs you for a stun or send nix to stun you,
    Use BM anti stun, then if veno is not anti stunned roar of pride. that will stun her and the nix.
    after you stunned them both, click the pet bag on the venos tag and DD the nix, then click back continuing the DD on the nix and Ice the veno. by then the nix is dead. Dd the veno and they will domain drop, before they drop drop a few meters your self then they wont drop to far. Then you can Whirlwind and roar again. heal kick and and bolt to keep stunned. DD the veno and Drake bash if necesary DD more FTW. b:bye

nothing will go wrong
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    If you do decide to drop the blue tag and realy pvp VS venos. 100% chance to always win vs a veno.

First charge them and just before they lucky scarabs you for a stun or send nix to stun you,
    Use BM anti stun, then if veno is not anti stunned roar of pride. that will stun her and the nix.
    after you stunned them both, click the pet bag on the venos tag and DD the nix, then click back continuing the DD on the nix and Ice the veno. The veno badges out of stun demon sprints away and recalls the nix. nix stun>amp>fox myriad>human myriad>nova>nuke. With fortify expell and another badge waiting if you AD and close.

Fixed, because you obviously only fight totaly inept venos
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fixed, because you obviously only fight totaly inept venos

simple The veno wont Bagde out of the stun because she(he) is in no real danger because your not messing his HP.b:bye
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    simple The veno wont Bagde out of the stun because she(he) is in no real danger because your not messing his HP.b:bye

....*facedesk*
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011

Dont know alot of squishies that avoid attacking and dropping bombs simply because they are not being attacked "right this second." They'll badge out and kite/stun to save their bird and hope the bird is destraction enough to kill you.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bramble does not work in REAL PvP.
    Duels are NOT PvP.
    All you PvE Dueling Imbeciles can gtfo with this ****.
    /thread
    /go home

The ONLY viable comeback to argue with me is to make this into a TW situation. Even then, if you're a BM hunting Venos as your TW role, I bite my thumb at thee.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regeston - Heavens Tear
    Regeston - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My my personal strategy against Bramble Hood'ers is..

Roar the veno > run as far as possible while she's stunned. (Why? im not really into killing miself with aoe'ing brambled pet + hooded veno - talking of my first duel experiences with venos heh)

Run as far as possible > veno will get out of stun and start running to you and you are mostlikely out of her range and she has to get closer to you. BUT! running to you means ticking hood - once she gets to you just Smack > Leap > stun > finish her off.

Well thats how i usually do it and it seems to work.

But i dont know about standing still, havent tested that so far yet. I do believe into the stunlocking theory tho. (Or just grab some minor axes for low DD stunlocking to not kill urself etc?)

Thanks for the wise tips tho.
  • Clamp - Raging Tide
    Clamp - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011

lol this is true xD