Power Leveling - End Gear help

Options
Turtliciousx - Lost City
Turtliciousx - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
First what is Power Leveling, how do I do it? How many Gold is it going to cost me

Second I am a Healing Cleric and my current level stats are like

24str
24vit
74mag

give or take a few points, now I'm only pumping Mag from now to level 50, then I'll go back to 9mag and 1str

What gear should I be used for, I'm almost positive that Full Gear for my cleric is not going to cost 1.2k American IRL dollars. What will it cost? What should I look for?

Where do I find Armor for my current level? I don't want to craft my own stuff and I normally put my DQ items and my Celestones in my shop.

How much will people pay for mystical meat and Rhino Horns?

How much for Celestones (Heavenly, Human, Earth, Fragments)?

Do you think anyone will sell me a phoenix embrace?

When I get gold I'm going to try and fix server economy, by selling it cheap, then everyone will have to drop their prices cuz no-one will buy their gold. Would that work?
Post edited by Turtliciousx - Lost City on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am a FAC

Stop. Don't prolong that mindset. No such thing as a FAC. A good cleric is one that heals and DDs.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First what is Power Leveling, how do I do it? How many Gold is it going to cost mePower levelling basically means that you pay someone (usually a BM or a sin) who is 102 to level you up quickly in an instance called Frostcovered City (north of Thousand Streams). It costs 1mil per run, so that's about 66silver per run? You get about 5 levels per run when you're 50+. 4 levels when you're 60+ and 2 levels when you're 70+. 75-80, one level per run. At 80, you will do your own FF runs with your own squad.

Second I am a FAC and my current level stats are like

24str
    24vit
    74mag

give or take a few points, now I'm only pumping Mag from now to level 50, then I'll go back to 9mag and 1strFAC cleric guide by Cayeon? LOL. Good, go for 1str 2 vit 7 mag every 2 levels until your vit hits 40 then stop. Then 1str 9 mag until you reach 9x, then you can reset your vit and pump into mag.

What gear should I be used for, I'm almost positive that Full Gear for my cleric is not going to cost 1.2k American IRL dollars. What will it cost? What should I look for?

Where do I find Armor for my current level? I don't want to craft my own stuff and I normally put my DQ items and my Celestones in my shop.At your level, you can simply use gears from NPC or from drops/quests. When you hit 70, go to the Auctioneer, look for Twilight Armor for your level. That will be your gear.

How much will people pay for mystical meat and Rhino Horns?I just NPC. =.= DQ items aren't worth much anymore ever since Medals of Glory was removed from the system

How much for Celestones (Heavenly, Human, Earth, Fragments)?Keep for yourself cause you'll need them for your Demon/Sage cultivation at 89.

Do you think anyone will sell me a phoenix embrace?Check auctioneer, under Aerogear > Elves > Phoenix embrace

When I get gold I'm going to try and fix server economy, by selling it cheap, then everyone will have to drop their prices cuz no-one will buy their gold. Would that work?Dont' bother, Gold prices will only increase. When I started playing, gold was 30k. And they said they would control gold prices. It's now 1.4mil.

I hope this has helped you. :D
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
  • Turtliciousx - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So... wait...

@_@ I was told that FAC... That's not a Full heal cleric?

or the acronym for one? I think I will just not use acronyms.
  • Kokoa - Sanctuary
    Kokoa - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FAC stands for "Full Attack Cleric". Basically wanna-be wizards who are too lazy to roll one.

If you want to say you're a 'regular' cleric, just say you're a support cleric. And Queen definitely answered all of your questions well.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So... wait...

@_@ I was told that FAC... That's not a Full heal cleric?

or the acronym for one? I think I will just not use acronyms.

It means Full Attack Cleric. FSC would be Full Support Cleric. Both are outdated mindsets.

It's best to utilize all skilltrees on a cleric. They're there for a reason. There are certain exceptions though like group PVP/TW where your main objective is to keep everyone alive and not really attack beyond throwing out sleep/freeze when you need to.

Anyway, at end-game, get at least r8. It's cheap and everyone else has it so why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I hope this has helped you. :D

It has :D

Thank you so much Queen, I posted and didn't even scroll up so sorry about the late reply >_> ^~^
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When I get gold I'm going to try and fix server economy, by selling it cheap, then everyone will have to drop their prices cuz no-one will buy their gold. Would that work?

For ever gold you put in the AH there are hundreds of others being put in at the same time. The only thing you'll accomplish by selling your gold cheap is to lose yourself money - the standard gold prices won't even blink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sistaria - Sanctuary
    Sistaria - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

No, aside from you losing money what would happen is someone would just buy your gold and repost it for what they are selling theirs for. there is no way to fix the economy once something goes to **** it tends to stay that way, this has always been the norm especially in the gaming world.

But if you really wanna "stick it to the man" farm your gold dont "buy" it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you have all these questions, please do not power-level. b:sweat

In all honesty power-leveling (imo) is for those who already have played the game with another character. (I might get flamed for this but whatever xD).

Just take your time leveling and learn your Class. Also, amen to those who pew-pew the FAC term (*shudders* -.-).

Also, you will NOT be able to fix the economy...I think you need to hang around a little bit to fully understand some of the things you are asking about. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you have all these questions, please do not power-level. b:sweat

In all honesty power-leveling (imo) is for those who already have played the game with another character. (I might get flamed for this but whatever xD).

Just take your time leveling and learn your Class. Also, amen to those who pew-pew the FAC term (*shudders* -.-).

Also, you will NOT be able to fix the economy...I think you need to hang around a little bit to fully understand some of the things you are asking about. b:surrender

Kudos for bringing this up. I didn't think that it was a problem until I started going for instances. Barbs not knowing how to roar, invoke. One barb even asked me what's flesh ream.

BMs who think that they can solo big room at level 80 with lousy refines. Clerics who don't know when to BB when to heal. The difference between IH and SoR. I could go on and on, but you get the gist.

Definitely spend some time learning your toon. I played my "ugly named" cleric for one year so when I rolled a new one it was just about getting it to a nice level before I carry on with BHs/FF/TT and stuff.
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

edited July 2011
    Options
    Not really related to clerics, but I am hoping someone will help me anyways.

My question is here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13851881#post13851881

So... Not TOO off-topic.
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What Rose said, if you have to ask this much, just learn what you're doing. There's no point to rushing =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What Rose said, if you have to ask this much, just learn what you're doing. There's no point to rushing =/

I am not disagreeing but I think it's also good that he's asking all these questions now. I know that when I first started, I didn't know what to do with various things and kinda took a blind shot in the dark.

Like I sold flawless shards to an NPC. This might seem not too criminal, but I got that flawless shard from a monster and this was when gold was 100k. Flawless shards then made you godly! Well, somewhat godly.

But yes, you also learn a lot of things experimenting and checking out the forums. Just go around, read threads, post new ones to keep threads on topic and I'm sure you'll receive the answers you want/need.

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Full.... attack cleric? Wtf... Silliest thing I have ever heard of rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Right... I read somewhere that Fac and full heal cleric are the same thing.

I probably should have learned that acronym. I just want to heal and be able to solo.

Also, if you never ask a question, you'll never get an answer.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow I haven't heard the word "full attack cleric" since the noob days where people would take 2 clerics into FF because one with an attitude (also part of making the squad) refused to heal.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Full.... attack cleric? Wtf... Silliest thing I have ever heard of rofl.

Don't be so mean to the poor little thing - he's new. Plus, you can't deny that that guide by Cayeon created a lot of hoohah. I remember clerics happily prancing around claiming that they were FACs.

But at least now you know better, right Turt? :D

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't be so mean to the poor little thing - he's new. Plus, you can't deny that that guide by Cayeon created a lot of hoohah. I remember clerics happily prancing around claiming that they were FACs.

But at least now you know better, right Turt? :D

Except that was almost two years ago =/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray