Kinda confused on gearing.

Haaku - Harshlands
Haaku - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Assassin
Before someone says " USE SEARCH NOOB... "

I did, none topics answered my question.

So, I hit 80 the other day, and at this point im not really sure what or how to gear / get anymore, this is my current set up. http://pwcalc.com/2d46b386f341130f

Now what do i do for gear, is my current gear ok? What do I shoot for now, for tt85? or wait to get tt90, what about r8 gear? Any indepth suggestion and answers are greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced,

EDIT: That pw calc thing or w/e, i got confused on it, so my HP and **** its listing on their is not its actual value, the numbers INSIDE the gray box are my actual stats, pay no attention to the red numbers!, My stats as of now at lvl 81 are as follows. 25 vit - 88 str - 9 mag -363 dex!!!

A slowly learning sin,

Haaku
Post edited by Haaku - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2011

So, I hit 80 the other day, and at this point im not really sure what or how to gear / get anymore, this is my current set up. http://pwcalc.com/2d46b386f341130f

Now what do i do for gear, is my current gear ok? What do I shoot for now, for tt85? or wait to get tt90, what about r8 gear? Any indepth suggestion and answers are greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced,

There's no such thing as TT85. The green level 85 gear is Frostcovered City gear. Happens that it drops occasionally from the bosses.

As for some improvements:
    1. Change helmet into Helmet of Lion Spirit
    2. Get a TT80 ring or something, the level 15 ring sucks.
    3. Your belt and necklace might be fine as they are. You can either get TT80s or wait until 86 and 87 for Sky Demon's Pearl and Demon Slaughter Belt.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    so should i get 85 gear, or go for the TT90, or 95 if there even is lvl 95, how should i go about it?

more responces greatly appreciated
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    95 is Lunarglade. Only the pants are worth getting for sins as the LoN (Light if Nirvana) pants are better than SoN (Shadow of Nirvana, made from TT).
    Since you have TT80 gold, I suggest waiting for TT90.
    As for r8, the top and daggers are what you will want to get. Maybe the pants too depending on what you have at the time. If you have tt90/1st tier Lunar pants, get r8 pants and wear them until 2nd cast Nirvana. If you have TT99/2nd tier Lunar pants, don't bother with r8 pants, or if you have TT99 and will not be recasting them into Nirvana yourself.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    so what your saying is, wait till tt90, so get the bracers, boots and legs, and of course get the rank chest.

at 95 get lunar pants, while working on rep, and once achieved that, at lvl 100 get wep and pants, and im a lil confused on what you said about nirvana, recasting? whats that? if im misunderstanding you would greatly appreciate you correcting me, thanks bud.
  • TydelWave - Harshlands
    TydelWave - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nirvana allows a 2 step process, for the legs you'll want to complete both steps.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Also consider getting the Lunar helm to Nirvana it for an extra 5 atk levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Warsoul Helm/Aquavicious or go down TT HP Helm chain to vana helm

Rank chest

TT80 gold was a waste

Go TT90 green

Then convert to TT99 gold at 99

r8 top at 100

r8 daggers/vana
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    For the legs, chose whether you ultimately want Shadow Ashura or Myriad Blossom.
    If you want Ashura, get TT90, then 99 legs. If you want Blossom, get Lunar.
    TT80 gold was a waste
    Not really. I see many sins with 80 gold. It's enough to tide them over until TT99/Lunar.

Now let me try to sum everything up...

There a few things you will want definitely.
    TT90/99 bracers
    TT90/99 boots
    TT99 Belt and necklace (Phys def ones; Lionheart)
    Rank 6/8 chest
    Rank 8 daggers. Later Nirvana daggers.

There are a few pieces on which you have a couple of options.
    Pants and helm.

A Warsoul of Earth or Helm of Aqua Visciousness will suit you just fine as an endgame helm, but if you want more, work on a Nirvana helm. There are of course 2 different ones. One is made from TT, the other from Lunar. Which one you'll want depends on which pants you will chose because you get a +5 attack level set bonus from having 2 pieces of quenched (2nd cast, the 2nd step TydelWave mentioned) Nirvana. So if you chose Myriad Blossom Greaves, go down the Lunar path for Myriad Blossom Helm. If you chose Shadow Ashura Greaves, go down the TT path for Ancestral Divine Hat.

For your pants, make the decision I already proposed to you. At first glace, the Shadow Ashura look better because of the 4% bonus to ele and phys def, but Myriad Blossom have a higher defense base which is ultimately better than Ashura's bonus. Myriad Blossom are better over all, but the mats for it are harder to come by since hardly anyone ever runs Lunar. TT is easier to do and cheaper I believe, so most people settle for Shadow Ashura.

Hope this clears things up for you.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Not really. I see many sins with 80 gold. It's enough to tide them over until TT99/Lunar.

Nuuuuu >.<

It isn't worth spending that much money on lvl 80 equip that cant be traded/sold after use. Once bound it only has value as gear on you. Once you outdate it, it is value-less
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Nuuuuu >.<

It isn't worth spending that much money on lvl 80 equip that cant be traded/sold after use. Once bound it only has value as gear on you. Once you outdate it, it is value-less

I was talking about the power of the gear, but yeah if you are concerned with money, don't go for TT80 gold. Also they will forever be space wasters in your bank unless you have an account stash stone.
    I bought a pair of TT80 gold leggings which I used for maybe 5 levels? They were cheap and I'm a sucker for a good deal so I bought them lol. I was desperate to get out of my **** 3-star 7x leggings. Anyway, I now have worthless pants that take up space in my bank that could be used for more important things...

Side question: why did you stat magic on a melee class?
    ~Spazz~
  • IiMagik - Raging Tide
    IiMagik - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2011

EDIT: That pw calc thing or w/e, i got confused on it, so my HP and **** its listing on their is not its actual value, the numbers INSIDE the gray box are my actual stats, pay no attention to the red numbers!, My stats as of now at lvl 81 are as follows. 25 vit - 88 str - 9 mag -363 dex!!!

A slowly learning sin,

Haaku

u would want to get tt90 green pants and boots and tt90 gold bracers.
    Then you should start saving for tt99 ornaments boots and bracers. I suggest you use rank 6 top the one u get at lvl 90 till u get r8. You should start making the tt80 ornaments with phys def, turn em to tt90 then to tt99.Also get sky demons pearl, gives a nice phys def and 5% more hp from ur current hp.
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    how do you turn the items into the upgraded version im a little confused on what you guys are talking about there, and i didnt stat magic, thats what i get from items, the calc was a little confusing like a mentioned.
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    For the legs, chose whether you ultimately want Shadow Ashura or Myriad Blossom.
    If you want Ashura, get TT90, then 99 legs. If you want Blossom, get Lunar.

Now let me try to sum everything up...

There a few things you will want definitely.
    TT90/99 bracers
    TT90/99 boots
    TT99 Belt and necklace (Phys def ones; Lionheart)
    Rank 6/8 chest
    Rank 8 daggers. Later Nirvana daggers.

There are a few pieces on which you have a couple of options.
    Pants and helm.

A Warsoul of Earth or Helm of Aqua Visciousness will suit you just fine as an endgame helm, but if you want more, work on a Nirvana helm. There are of course 2 different ones. One is made from TT, the other from Lunar. Which one you'll want depends on which pants you will chose because you get a +5 attack level set bonus from having 2 pieces of quenched (2nd cast, the 2nd step TydelWave mentioned) Nirvana. So if you chose Myriad Blossom Greaves, go down the Lunar path for Myriad Blossom Helm. If you chose Shadow Ashura Greaves, go down the TT path for Ancestral Divine Hat.

For your pants, make the decision I already proposed to you. At first glace, the Shadow Ashura look better because of the 4% bonus to ele and phys def, but Myriad Blossom have a higher defense base which is ultimately better than Ashura's bonus. Myriad Blossom are better over all, but the mats for it are harder to come by since hardly anyone ever runs Lunar. TT is easier to do and cheaper I believe, so most people settle for Shadow Ashura.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Thank you so much, this was VERY helpful, much appreciated, is tt99 what they call nirvana armor? and what are you guys talking about when you say use TT90 to upgrade to 99 ect, little confused
  • KLisa - Dreamweaver
    KLisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree that TT80 Gold gear is a waste.
    I personaly went for FC Green Pants, Boots and Pdef ornaments. I had Lion Spirit Helm till lvl 100 when i got enough str for warsoul. Used the rank6/7? chests ( the lvl 60 and lvl 90 ones) and had blood moon bracers untill i got my tt99 gold ones.
    FC Greens with 3/4 sockets are 1.5-2 mil nower days, and you can sell them. Stat-wise they are on par with tt90 greenn and tradeable.
    For Bracers, the Blood Moon are the ones! Might be expensive or time consuming to farm, but are tradeable.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Thank you so much, this was VERY helpful, much appreciated, is tt99 what they call nirvana armor? and what are you guys talking about when you say use TT90 to upgrade to 99 ect, little confused
    You're very welcome.
    TT99 is not Nirvana. We're using the term "upgrade" loosely. As you may or may not know, TT gear is made from an item acquired from decomposing the gear one tier below it (most of the time). In this case, TT90 does no require the item (a souledge), but TT99 requires the TT90 souledge.
    Look for yourself and you'll see what I mean.
    Skywalker Shins (TT90). If you scroll down, you'll see that no souledge is required to make these; just mats.
    Ashura's Greaves (TT99) however require the souledge from decomposing the TT90 pants as well as mats.

The Temple of Nirvana is a level 100 instance sort of like TT, but comprised of solely bosses. Two materials are acquired in there, Uncanny Crystals and Rapture Crystals. Uncannies are used to "recast" (you can simply upgrade the gear, you do not need to decompose it as TT99 is bound and cannot be decomposed anyway) TT99 or gold Lunar armor into Nirvana armor, while Raptures are do the same for weapons. The 1st cast is imperfect and weak (compared to "quenched" gear). In this stage, the gear has no set bonuses and can have refines/shards transferred to it via Chienkun Stones. When you quench the gear, it is "perfected". It gives a set bonus for 2, 4, and 6 pieces; cannot have anymore sockets added to it; but can still be refined and have shards added/removed (anyone want to correct me on that? I'm still not exactly sure how that all works).
    In the case of most armor, the 1st cast version has different bonuses than it's quenched version, and some (mostly weapons) actually have random chances for bonuses, allowing continuous recasting until the desired bonuses are acquired.
    For Nirvana pants, both Lunar-based and TT-based, the 1st cast do not have -int, while they do once quenched.
    100 when i got enough str for warsoul. Used the rank6/7? chests ( the lvl 60 and lvl 90 ones)
    No...rank 4 is level 60, rank 6 is level 90. Rank 7 is 99 and not worth it unless you simply do not have 200k (but 100k instead) by 99 and don't plan to for a while. But with the rep sales now, rank is dirt cheap and there's a $31 difference between rank 7 and rank 8. I've only seen one sin while the rank 7 chest and I have no idea why he had it...the noob. I was only yesterday too...
    I had Lion Spirit Helm till lvl 100 when i got enough str for warsoul.
    Absoultely wonderful helmet. Doesn't require much str, easy to get to 4 sockets due to it's low level, and will last you into your 90s/100s. I had that beauty until I got my warsoul and absolutely loved it.
    ~Spazz~
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    You're very welcome.
    TT99 is not Nirvana. We're using the term "upgrade" loosely. As you may or may not know, TT gear is made from an item acquired from decomposing the gear one tier below it (most of the time). In this case, TT90 does no require the item (a souledge), but TT99 requires the TT90 souledge.
    Look for yourself and you'll see what I mean.
    Skywalker Shins (TT90). If you scroll down, you'll see that no souledge is required to make these; just mats.
    Ashura's Greaves (TT99) however require the souledge from decomposing the TT90 pants as well as mats.

The Temple of Nirvana is a level 100 instance sort of like TT, but comprised of solely bosses. Two materials are acquired in there, Uncanny Crystals and Rapture Crystals. Uncannies are used to "recast" (you can simply upgrade the gear, you do not need to decompose it as TT99 is bound and cannot be decomposed anyway) TT99 or gold Lunar armor into Nirvana armor, while Raptures are do the same for weapons. The 1st cast is imperfect and weak (compared to "quenched" gear). In this stage, the gear has no set bonuses and can have refines/shards transferred to it via Chienkun Stones. When you quench the gear, it is "perfected". It gives a set bonus for 2, 4, and 6 pieces; cannot have anymore sockets added to it; but can still be refined and have shards added/removed (anyone want to correct me on that? I'm still not exactly sure how that all works).
    In the case of most armor, the 1st cast version has different bonuses than it's quenched version, and some (mostly weapons) actually have random chances for bonuses, allowing continuous recasting until the desired bonuses are acquired.
    For Nirvana pants, both Lunar-based and TT-based, the 1st cast do not have -int, while they do once quenched.

No...rank 4 is level 60, rank 6 is level 90. Rank 7 is 99 and not worth it unless you simply do not have 200k (but 100k instead) by 99 and don't plan to for a while. But with the rep sales now, rank is dirt cheap and there's a $31 difference between rank 7 and rank 8. I've only seen one sin while the rank 7 chest and I have no idea why he had it...the noob. I was only yesterday too...

Absoultely wonderful helmet. Doesn't require much str, easy to get to 4 sockets due to it's low level, and will last you into your 90s/100s. I had that beauty until I got my warsoul and absolutely loved it.

Wow just... WOW, thanks once again, Nice to see that some people are still around to actually answer questions to help new guys.

In one of your previous post, you stated that I should get TT90 bracers, as of now, I currently have TT80 gold, which give .05 int, is it worth losing the intervals for the tt90?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wow just... WOW, thanks once again, Nice to see that some people are still around to actually answer questions to help new guys.

In one of your previous post, you stated that I should get TT90 bracers, as of now, I currently have TT80 gold, which give .05 int, is it worth losing the intervals for the tt90?

Well not really.

But you'll still need the TT90s to make the TT99 at level 99.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011

A slowly learning sin,

Haaku

1.Replace helm with Warsoul of Earth.
    2.Go Demon.
    3.Get to 90/Get Rank armor/Get TT90 Boots, bracers and pants/Restat to pure dex
    4.Get to 100/Get Rank 8 top and bottom/Farm TT99 boots and bracers/
    5.(Optional if you don't need your left kidney)Get 101/Get R9 ring and wep
    +12 said wep/Get Full R9 armor/+10 refine and JoSD/DoT/Vit gem it/
    6.(Optional if you have time)Get genie/Level said genie to 70/Dump all points into str/
    Learn occult ice/
    7.????
    8.Profit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    1.Replace helm with Warsoul of Earth.
    2.Go Demon.
    3.Get to 90/Get Rank armor/Get TT90 Boots, bracers and pants/Restat to pure dex
    4.Get to 100/Get Rank 8 top and bottom/Farm TT99 boots and bracers/
    5.(Optional if you don't need your left kidney)Get 101/Get R9 ring and wep
    +12 said wep/Get Full R9 armor/+10 refine and JoSD/DoT/Vit gem it/
    6.(Optional if you have time)Get genie/Level said genie to 70/Dump all points into str/
    Learn occult ice/
    7.????
    8.Profit!
    And here come the trolls...
    ~Spazz~
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    any whozzle, so lets just say i have some money im going to put into the game, say 100$.

Now what would you suggest, me spending this on to get the most bang for my buck, should I A) get the rep for r8 gear, can entire r8 set solo FC even?

B) but my TT90 / buy matts needed for tt99, if ill even have enough money for that, is that even an option?

Or what do you suggest?

And before anyone says omg your spending money on this game, your a baddy...

Like Kanye west, ima let you finish but...

just quit while your ahead, please, i dont care that im spending money on this game, i enjoy it so why not support the company who makes the game i enjoy.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Totally not gonna knock you for spending money.
    I've spent way more than I care to admit...
    I'm too tired to consider that right now. Let me go to bed and I'll answer you in the morning xD
    Goodnight~
    ~Spazz~
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    thanks bud, appreciate it as always, def been a big help in my endeavors.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    And here come the trolls...

b:sadI'm not trolling though....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Alright, I'm awake now lol.
    Well to start, how much rep do you already have?
    Also, let's fix your calc stats. When you can, log into the game, remove all your gear, then tell me what your "naked" stats are.

I'll just assume you're pure dex for now.
    Let's say you bought no other gear but either r8 or TT99 wrists, boots, necklace, and belt. Here's what you're looking at for those.
    TT99 greater aps, greater physical defense.
    Rank 8 greater dph, greater magical defence, greater hp.

It would be far cheaper to buy the mats and have someone make them for you, than buy them made.
    Wrists would be 16-20mil, boots would be 20-30mil, and ornies would be about 40mil together. So you're looking at spending just about every penny of that $100 if you go with TT99 first.
    Rank however, only costs $72 to get the rep when it's on sale (assuming you have no rep in the first place). The 3 pieces would cost you 4mil (little more to get the daggers 2 socket). That leaves you with far more money to put into other gear, easily making up for some of the cons of rank 8 over TT99.
    Something like this would cost you maybe another 10mil, if even that. As you see, these few changes give you almost 5k hp, equal phys and magic def, and a little more physical attack.

Now the only con is the far lower aps, which is made up in dps.
    Your attack with TT99 would average at 3971.
    Your attack with Rank 8 would average at 6719.
    (Neither of these calculations are taking crits into account).
    TT99 dps would be 3971*2.22=8816
    Rank 8 dps would be 6719*1.67 11,221.

Without a doubt, you should get Rank 8 during the next rep sale.
    b:sadI'm not trolling though....
    Spending that much money on a dead game which will likely go under within 2 years, then calling it profit?
    I'm sorry but you're not doing what again now...?
    ~Spazz~
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Spending that much money on a dead game which will likely go under within 2 years, then calling it profit?
    I'm sorry but you're not doing what again now...?

I'm just trying to tell him what gear to get, because he asked.

This game's designed to be a money sink. And he's dumping money into it.
    Therefore, you should be saying that to him.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    I'm just trying to tell him what gear to get, because he asked.

This game's designed to be a money sink. And he's dumping money into it.
    Therefore, you should be saying that to him.b:thanks

Yeah...get a life.
    ~Spazz~
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Yeah...get a life.

Umad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    sadly i have no room to unequip all my gear.... but yes every lvl i went 4 dex, 1 str. and i currently have 11870 rep.

now what would be the benefits, if having r8 gear, could i solo FC? That would also enable me to make money, r8 would also be greater for PvP from the stats you mentioned I would think.

What would you decide to do in my position?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011

Nope, you're not worth getting mad overb:bye
    sadly i have no room to unequip all my gear.... but yes every lvl i went 4 dex, 1 str. and i currently have 11870 rep.

now what would be the benefits, if having r8 gear, could i solo FC? That would also enable me to make money, r8 would also be greater for PvP from the stats you mentioned I would think.

What would you decide to do in my position?

In that case, rep would cost you more like $65 next sale.
    I'll say it again, Rank 8, definitely. Just the pants, top, and daggers though. I would highly recommend something like this.
    ~Spazz~
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    could i solo FC with r8?