GM's please read - RANK IX FOR BLADEMASTER's

13»

Comments

• yeqweeqwwhje
    yeqweeqwwhje Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    fist weapon mastery only works with fists.

of course they cant use them, they dont exist. same reason i drive my car to school instead of riding my unicorn there.

Do you QQ about not having your own unicorn?
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Their points are not valid. No other classes have choices of r9 weapons. They can't use r9 fists to do maximum damage. WHICH, for the record, they wouldn't be using any of their skills anyhow.

It's just a QQfestthread.

Error 404 invalid argument.
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Their points are not valid. No other classes have choices of r9 weapons. They can't use r9 fists to do maximum damage. WHICH, for the record, they wouldn't be using any of their skills anyhow.

It's just a QQfestthread.

Do any other classes have skills that require a weapon other than the one that they are given through r9? It's not like an archer using blades/fists for an aps build.

Bringing up this point, and then reasoning that BM's are DIFFERENT from other classes implies that the fact that other classes have no other weapon needs is an invalid argument. Just repeating the same flawed argument over and over doesn't make it any closer to truth. There are skills that you can only use with fists, and we are not arguing if they are effective or not. It is irrelevant in terms of this point.

The other 100% VALID point that was made is that you get to choose from a selection of r8 weapons. This implies that the developers originally recognized that it is legitimate for BM's to choose which weapon fit their playstyle better. This argument is establishing a precedent that one would expect to be followed in the future. If you have ever paid attention to the judicial system in the USA and probably about everywhere else in the world, precedent is a very important argument. This is inconsistent with how they made r9, where you have no choice, and drawing this comparison is valid.

If someone wants to argue that EA should get a crossbow or a slingshot choice, they are free to make that, but it has no bearing on the argument that a BM should or should not get a choice in r9.
  • yeqweeqwwhje
    edited July 2011
    Do any other classes have skills that require a weapon other than the one that they are given through r9? It's not like an archer using blades/fists for an aps build.

Bringing up this point, and then reasoning that BM's are DIFFERENT from other classes implies that the fact that other classes have no other weapon needs is an invalid argument. Just repeating the same flawed argument over and over doesn't make it any closer to truth. There are skills that you can only use with fists, and we are not arguing if they are effective or not. It is irrelevant in terms of this point.

The other 100% VALID point that was made is that you get to choose from a selection of r8 weapons. This implies that the developers originally recognized that it is legitimate for BM's to choose which weapon fit their playstyle better. This argument is establishing a precedent that one would expect to be followed in the future. If you have ever paid attention to the judicial system in the USA and probably about everywhere else in the world, precedent is a very important argument. This is inconsistent with how they made r9, where you have no choice, and drawing this comparison is valid.

If someone wants to argue that EA should get a crossbow or a slingshot choice, they are free to make that, but it has no bearing on the argument that a BM should or should not get a choice in r9.

Who said PWI devs ever thought of BMs using all their weapons when they produced the game? They weren't intended to be multiple weapon wielders using 8329849328493289 skills. Just like some classes were never intended to be APS machines. Or 5APS itself was never intended.

Judicial system and MMOs are apples and oranges. Go take a Writing Argument and Persuasion course in college before you make such stupid analogies.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Who said PWI devs ever thought of BMs using all their weapons when they produced the game? They weren't intended to be multiple weapon wielders using 8329849328493289 skills. Just like some classes were never intended to be APS machines. Or 5APS itself was never intended.

Judicial system and MMOs are apples and oranges. Go take a Writing Argument and Persuasion course in college before you make such stupid analogies.

Yes, BMs were never intended to be multiple weapon wielders and that's why they don't have multiple masteries or weapon only skills.
  • Kizokui - Sanctuary
    Kizokui - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011

of course they were, that's how they made it.

keep posting though, i love your herpin' n derpin' b:thanksb:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Saying other classes also need weapon choices on R9 is like saying BM should have choices on R9 axes, poleaxe, polehammer, or dual hammers. Those count as the same weapons, just with different damage range.
  • yeqweeqwwhje
    edited July 2011
    of course they were, that's how they made it.

keep posting though, i love your herpin' n derpin' b:thanksb:laugh

No they weren't. You do know that before FC and other instances it would have been impossible for BMs to get enough spirit to level fists and axes in any sort of reasonable time?

Keep talking out of your bunghole newbie.
  • yeqweeqwwhje
    edited July 2011
    Yes, BMs were never intended to be multiple weapon wielders and that's why they don't have multiple masteries or weapon only skills.

Did you play this game when it came out? Explain to me how a BM would have gotten that much spirit to pull it off during the first year of the game.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Did you play this game when it came out? Explain to me how a BM would have gotten that much spirit to pull it off during the first year of the game.

Talking as if fist skills are the reason BMs go fist/claw
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011

Staying at 85 and RB Gamma? My BM was pole, axes fists 2 summers ago.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No they weren't. You do know that before FC and other instances it would have been impossible for BMs to get enough spirit to level fists and axes in any sort of reasonable time?

He's talking more sense than you. They have multiple skills for different weapons?! oh no of course they weren't designed to have different weapons, you're right! Really, the only QQ is coming from you, but it is pretty funny.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You clearly don't know how much extra spirit people accumulate by 9x even back then. Also, the only skill you really needed for fists is kick, and just 1 lvl of it since the cooldown doesn't decrease with upgrade and the effect is the same.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    On a technical standpoint I imagine you wouldn't be able to get the rank 9 set bonus with all 4 weapons. That may be why they limited it.

i guess so, would be too hard for pw devs to put "sword or fist or axe or pole" in the code for rank bonus
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Staying at 85 and RB Gamma? My BM was pole, axes fists 2 summers ago.

i guess this logic was too much for him lmao, bm's were meant for variation. not like a sin whose only dags, a psy whose only soulsphere, or a caster who can chose which wep they want, but get the same skills. we have dif skill trees for dif weps, only makes sense to have the option to chose go r9 claws if we want, or even r9 blade (yes i know some blade bm's who love it for idk what reason i never found it interesting except for lulz) but that aside, givin the choice like r8, we should be able to atleast CHOSE our own preference to our bm. not be limited to r9 axe when our style (and main skill setup) may be different. and on that note, hell same for casters and archers, if u wanna be a r9 xbow, more power to ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    R9 xbow is ugly :x
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011

Indeed.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011

All of em are, they look silly in barrage, you hold em up in the sky like "THUNDERCATS! HOOO!" and when you run with them it looks like you're trying to hide them, makes sense with them being so ugly :x
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011

First, I was not comparing it to the judicial system, just pointing out that this is evidence of their thinking. I said that the dev's have already acknowledged that BM's can use all their weapon types. Knowing that, not giving them similar choices for r9 that they gave them for r8 makes no sense. That was the comparison, not that out of context garbage that you have been spewing.

Second, I never said that they HAD or SHOULD use all four weapons at once. But what if a BM decides that they want to go with swords? They are forced to use a cleaver for r9, so they can't use the skills that they CHOSE to use. This is why devs gave them the choice of a couple different weapons for r8. You can't go out and say that the devs made 3/4 skill paths useless. That is just stupid.

Also, given enough time endgame, a BM could have gotten enough to use skills from a second tree. Maybe they left an axe skill at level one and started down the fist tree instead? Just because they don't play the game exactly how you play it doesn't mean that their method is any worse. I can imagine that cherrypicking the best skills from each tree to get to lvl 10 would be far more effective than just leveling one set up to 10.

You have offered nothing constructive to this thread other than to help the rest of us solidify our arguments against your trolling.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    b:sad bump
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
This discussion has been closed.