Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Tbh I doubt the glitch will be removed at all

Because that would involve changeing bosses, and that takes pwi months to do lol
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    from them so tough"
    I say again its not hard to KNOW who as used it as nobody can level as fast as most have in such a short period of time i know how much exp can be got from fc all day and cube bh2 exp so all these people 101/2 to 104 have glitched and they know it
    yet another person not on dreamweaver thinking i used the glitch lol
    prity sure ive posted a few times saying HOW i got to my level and in FEB i didnt even know there was this glitch why do you think i hate people using it?
    Not because i dont want people to level but i want them to do it the right way if there is such a thing buut at least without cheating and to the other person saying something about my join date i was santuary server before this one and ive been on dreamweaver since the start first toon was Lecutus a veno then i made this.

i cant pretend to know how you leveled, im just pointing at that you fall into the category of people you are accusing of cheating. you never appeared on the forums until this started to become public knowledge.

also saying you want people to level the "right way" is a bit disingenuous and subjective.
    is the "right way" squadding some to open, stealthing past all the mobs, and hypering the bosses solo? its not using a glitch, sure, but is it "right"?

the real blame for this isnt any of the players, its PWI for poor implementation of an xp instance for the purpose of generating revenue, both by selling hyper stones, and getting people to 100 faster where the gear is much more expensive and the gear escalating escalates faster when there are more people competing.

100+ wouldnt be +12ing all over the place if there was only a small minority of 100+s demand for pack gems would be much lower, etc etc.

Nice. As I said before. GMs cannot do anything about it. They are just renters of game. Ok. guys prepare for fix in next year.b:chuckle

please stop posting. you cant rent something from yourself. a subsidiary is not a licensee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i cant pretend to know how you leveled, im just pointing at that you fall into the category of people you are accusing of cheating. you never appeared on the forums until this started to become public knowledge.

also saying you want people to level the "right way" is a bit disingenuous and subjective.
    is the "right way" squadding some to open, stealthing past all the mobs, and hypering the bosses solo? its not using a glitch, sure, but is it "right"?

the real blame for this isnt any of the players, its PWI for poor implementation of an xp instance for the purpose of generating revenue, both by selling hyper stones, and getting people to 100 faster where the gear is much more expensive and the gear escalating escalates faster when there are more people competing.

100+ wouldnt be +12ing all over the place if there was only a small minority of 100+s demand for pack gems would be much lower, etc etc.

please stop posting. you cant rent something from yourself. a subsidiary is not a licensee.

nfi what's going on really but he did say "i want them to do it the right way if there is such a thing" basically implying that he himself doubts there being a right way to level
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well For sure it has to be fixed before any change to the level cap
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well For sure it has to be fixed before any change to the level cap

well in that case we don't need to expect it any time soon. the number of things that'd have to be changed before the level cap could be moved --- the amount of new content that'd have to be added for higher levels, alone --- is such that we'll never see that happen.

i've got a question for Datalec, though --- you say you want this glitch fixed, and you seem to take it almost as some personal slight that people can gain massive XP this way. i can't help but wonder, why? i don't see how it hurts you, and there's already so very many ways to powerlevel and gain huge XP quickly in this game, i don't see how this particular one should stand out from the rest. i want to understand your thinking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    to be honest i have tried the glitch about 3 times and overall im not that impressed, i took about 200k gear damage, made the same amount of exp as a normal FC run, and used up more hyper time. To be honest it was a complete waste.

I'm never doing it again, i would rather do it the normal way. Much more fun, more cost effective and time effective.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Keep dreaming.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Keep dreaming.b:chuckle

*sprays with Raid - Obvious-troll spray*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^ The stupid that resembles the troll you quote is like a cockroach that keeps coming back, too stupid and belligerent to realize it's not wanted. Mumintroll is too dumb to go away.
    edited June 2011
    ^ The stupid that resembles the troll you quote is like a cockroach that keeps coming back, too stupid and belligerent to realize it's not wanted. Mumintroll is too dumb to go away.
    He,he. No just my english is not so good to explain you how many times you were proven idiot on this forum and you are still here also.b:chuckle
    Sorry dude. If english would be my first langauge I would explain you with the pleasure. Or you can speak Czechoslovakian?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    He,he. No just my english is not so good to explain you how many times you were proven idiot on this forum and you are still here also.b:chuckle
    Sorry dude. If english would be my first langauge I would explain you with the pleasure. Or you can speak Czechoslovakian?
    *sprays with Raid - Obvious-troll spray*

See, it keeps coming back. b:cute
    edited June 2011
    See, it keeps coming back. b:cute

See? You didn't answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    See? You didn't answer.
    The language of "stupid" is universal. You don't even play and yet you keep coming back to QQ about a game you supposedly quit over a year and a half ago. That you even mention speaking Czech shows you haven't the slightest clue.

Spray all you like Sasha, this one's too dumb to get it. b:chuckle
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    To LenieClarke:
    I take it kind personal because i worked none stop for 8 months or so to be the first level 105 on dreamweaver and the time effort needed to solo fc etc for that long only to see people getting from 101/2 to 104 in a matter of days make me mad.
    Its not people below level 100 that tend to use it but the hi level people that could not be bothered to spend all there time in fc to level but when they heard of this they glitched it because it was easy they have hi end gear and very easy for them to get lots of exp in the 1hr of hyper.
    Do i mind there level ....no do i mind the way they got it YES.
    P.S i dont normally post hence why i only started posting this month and i started a poll on this fc glitch which was removed by the GM's.
    to Sashagray :
    I did say "if there is a right way" yes soloing fc stealthing past mobs etc may not be the right way but the only way that is the right way is to delta cube and grind but they made fc so more get high level sins can stealth past mobs still have to kill the bosses not fair i know but still using a skill is not a glitch and only saves time killing the mobs.
    And before someone says "yeah like DATALEC ever delta and grind on mobs for 105"no but my first toon on dreamweaver Lecutus did was one of the first 101 players and that was all delta cube and grinding mobs.
    edited June 2011
    ufop wrote: »
    To LenieClarke:
    I take it kind personal because i worked none stop for 8 months or so to be the first level 105 on dreamweaver and the time effort needed to solo fc etc for that long only to see people getting from 101/2 to 104 in a matter of days make me mad.
    Its not people below level 100 that tend to use it but the hi level people that could not be bothered to spend all there time in fc to level but when they heard of this they glitched it because it was easy they have hi end gear and very easy for them to get lots of exp in the 1hr of hyper.
    Do i mind there level ....no do i mind the way they got it YES.
    P.S i dont normally post hence why i only started posting this month and i started a poll on this fc glitch which was removed by the GM's.
    to Sashagray :
    I did say "if there is a right way" yes soloing fc stealthing past mobs etc may not be the right way but the only way that is the right way is to delta cube and grind but they made fc so more get high level sins can stealth past mobs still have to kill the bosses not fair i know but still using a skill is not a glitch and only saves time killing the mobs.
    And before someone says "yeah like DATALEC ever delta and grind on mobs for 105"no but my first toon on dreamweaver Lecutus did was one of the first 101 players and that was all delta cube and grinding mobs.
    The new FF was out way before assassins were.

Stealth was intended to stealth past people and mobs of a certain level corresponding with the assassin's stealth level and the mob's detection level. It sounds like it isn't a glitch and indeed works as intended.

This FF glitch has nothing to do with sins because a sin cannot solo hundreds of dragoons at once.
    edited June 2011
    ufop wrote: »
    to Sashagray :

well if neither way is right, why are you up in arms against one "not right way", while endorsing the other? your logic escapes me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Stealthing past the mobs the FCC isn't abusing a glitch but it is an abuse of a design flaw since FCC was designed long before stealth mechanics were added.

If you look at some of the instances created after the rising tide expansion like Nirvana and Jungle Ruins you'll see that you can't you can't use stealth to bypass all of the challenge of the instance.

No matter how hard I try, I can't bring myself to have any sympathy for sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I can imagine it now in the patchnotes.....

"Frostcover City has been temporarily removed from the game due to a severe glitch."

Ohhhhh how I hope this day would come...........too bad I'm actually needing FF to lvl my cleric more.........b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    simple stealth is just a faster way to reach the boss not fair only sins can do this but sins have stealth so we will use it where as spawning mobs that are not supposed to be used in that way aka glitching is again pwi terms of service and bannable.
    Nirvana doesnt have mobs to stealth passed and jungle was designed to like a puzzle/maze so everyone can have the same chance from low lvl to hi lvl not matter what class or gear you have.
    glitching is glitching just because its exp things will go slow to resolve if it was a glitch that means you could earn millions of coin per second it would be fixed right away.
  • So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide
    So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've noticed that whoever is complaining about the FC glitch is either too low level or the sins who think they are useless in there or who only think about their leveling and not other classes(which by the way, is a lot harder to level for other classes).

People call it exploiting a glitch but its the pure mechanics of the game that was never intended to be there in the first place. Using that to our advantage is merely breaking the rules. Its not like the glitch is so easy everyone can do it. You will need a very powerful squad to do it, and who can tank like hell, which means more xp, more charm waste and more hypers waste for ppl, and more money for PWI. I m sure the devs know about this glitch but it will take some time to fix this glitch in my opinion.

So, why dont you all QQers who's QQing about the glitch and let people have fun in doing it? Cuz lets face it, its not like using that glitch is free xp.. you actually have to work super hard to get that xp...If this glitch is gonna get fixed, the stealth should be altered so that they cant just stealth through mobs and do the bosses in FC.
    They should put small mini bosses that are lvl 150 and are easy to kill in the middle of every group of mobs so they see every sin trying to stealth through the mobs lol
  • FuriousRico - Harshlands
    FuriousRico - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've noticed that whoever is complaining about the FC glitch is either too low level or the sins who think they are useless in there or who only think about their leveling and not other classes(which by the way, is a lot harder to level for other classes).

People call it exploiting a glitch but its the pure mechanics of the game that was never intended to be there in the first place. Using that to our advantage is merely breaking the rules. Its not like the glitch is so easy everyone can do it. You will need a very powerful squad to do it, and who can tank like hell, which means more xp, more charm waste and more hypers waste for ppl, and more money for PWI. I m sure the devs know about this glitch but it will take some time to fix this glitch in my opinion.

So, why dont you all QQers who's QQing about the glitch and let people have fun in doing it? Cuz lets face it, its not like using that glitch is free xp.. you actually have to work super hard to get that xp...If this glitch is gonna get fixed, the stealth should be altered so that they cant just stealth through mobs and do the bosses in FC.
    They should put small mini bosses that are lvl 150 and are easy to kill in the middle of every group of mobs so they see every sin trying to stealth through the mobs lol

<3 loved it.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011

"Frostcover City has been temporarily removed from the game due to a severe glitch."

Ohhhhh how I hope this day would come...........too bad I'm actually needing FF to lvl my cleric more.........b:cry
    I can't wait for something like that... :)
    Honestly
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I can't wait for something like that... :)
    Honestly

Where do I sign for the petition? b:pleased All for the lols on the QQNerdRage it would bring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011

QFT!! I will agree with this.

Most people complaining really cannot do it effectively, do not know how to do it or are Sins QQ'ing (<-- lol?).

In terms of it not being free, that is insanely true. The puller at a minimum goes through 1 plat HP charm, numerous hp pots AND IG's and not to mention equip breaking as soon as 30minutes into the pulls. It is not a cheap thing and there is some work that needs to be done in order to get it done, it is also not insanely easy unless you have a squad that knows wth they are doing and work together very well (and yes gear can make a huge difference in this).

In terms of mini-boss in the middle of FCC, it is not like they just cannot put the same "guards" that they have in HH/TT. That would 100% require a certain order and certain mobs to be killed. OR, add a kill count to FCC? b:shutup

It is all in perception really. I remain 50/50 on this whole situation in terms of whether it is really good or bad. However, I think overall it is not a terrible thing for some who do want really to level a little faster, and that of course does NOT include Sin's that can stelth an entire instance alone. Sin's do rely on stelth level and that is why they tend to level more (aside from the stelth advantage in FCC), maybe this will just even the playing field a bit for many?

All open to interpretation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011

b:bye wrong Absolute Domain + Iron Guard and they are dead before you get touched
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    b:bye wrong Absolute Domain + Iron Guard and they are dead before you get touched

I hope you do not combine AD and IG because AD will override IG b:avoid

Also, even the most OP squads wipe...It is frickin hilarious!!! b:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2011

That would actually be the PW modus operandi surrounding glitches, bugs, and exploits.

If it helps players attain something easier, don't fix it, remove it entirely.

If it makes it more difficult for players and/or persuades them to buy gold, pretend it doesn't exist, perpetually suggest it's being worked on, or just say nothing at all.
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWI wants you to level fast to 101. After that, making leveling take longer is just less content that they have to put in the game. Maybe if r10 comes out one day and is 105 they will make it easier to lvl to that. As of now, they want you to waste time so you don't get bored and complain theres nothing to do.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    ^

In all honesty I remember Old Frost, that was FML!!!! Well at the time it was, basic TT/HH 80 gear if that AND you had to get all those Jades, do in Squad mode to get access to Solo Mode, it HURT!!!! b:sweat

I would not be opposed to Frost reverting back to an actual farming instance really b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I hope you do not combine AD and IG because AD will override IG b:avoid (Will + IG = better *winks*)

Also, even the most OP squads wipe...It is frickin hilarious!!! b:laughb:victory

Absolute Domain first then IG but this is for those classes that dont have anti stun ie Seeker and others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.