Seekers = Best debuff class for Nirvana

Options
TwoHandedAOE - Lost City
TwoHandedAOE - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Seeker
So.. I ran some Nv multi yesterday with a full aps squad ( 3 sin, 2 bm ). I'm sure both blademasters were 5.0, the sins I'll guess 3.33+?.. ANYWAY.. being that my aps is only 1.25 base (LOL) my main focus was just to inflict status on the boss and combo the debuff and spark whenever I could. Long story short, with just an average geared aps squad we did 8min runs.. one of the sin's even Dc'ed, and we still ran it in 8minutes.

I used Northern Sky + Staggering strike to drop bosses def. Lv by 20, which also stacked with subsea/tangling/dragons & w.e the hell else was on there.. when I auto attacked i was crit'ing 25ks b:shocked

This is more effective than other amps/debuffs because the status effect last for 8sec. and the cooldown on the skill is 2sec.(sage version) ......meaning there shouldn't a be a time where the bosses arent amped.. & Also IT WORKS ON ALL BOSSES. b:pleased

See y'all next 2x b:laugh
Post edited by TwoHandedAOE - Lost City on

Comments

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So.. I ran some Nv multi yesterday with a full aps squad ( 3 sin, 2 bm ). I'm sure both blademasters were 5.0, the sins I'll guess 3.33+?.. ANYWAY.. being that my aps is only 1.25 base (LOL) my main focus was just to inflict status on the boss and combo the debuff and spark whenever I could. Long story short, with just an average geared aps squad we did 8min runs.. one of the sin's even Dc'ed, and we still ran it in 8minutes.

I used Northern Sky + Staggering strike to drop bosses def. Lv by 20, which also stacked with subsea/tangling/dragons & w.e the hell else was on there.. when I auto attacked i was crit'ing 25ks b:shocked

This is more effective than other amps/debuffs because the status effect last for 8sec. and the cooldown on the skill is 2sec.(sage version) ......meaning there shouldn't a be a time where the bosses arent amped.. & Also IT WORKS ON ALL BOSSES. b:pleased

See y'all next 2x b:laugh

:D i sure hope more people realise this :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

The only thing that annoys me about NSW is that, while I have it maxed, sometimes I can end up going a good 20 seconds of auto-attacking without getting it to proc. b:surrender

Granted, it will be much better when I get the sage version, but still, QQ percentages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • TwoHandedAOE - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The only thing that annoys me about NSW is that, while I have it maxed, sometimes I can end up going a good 20 seconds of auto-attacking without getting it to proc. b:surrender

Granted, it will be much better when I get the sage version, but still, QQ percentages.

Yea, not gonna lie, it was a small problem for me on the first run.

I missed the first dragons - got status effect on boss about 3 seconds late. So what I began to do was get to the boss first, auto attack with windshield, and instantly StaggerStrike when status on boss. Windshield kills to birds with one stone because you gain an aps + chan. increase. From there on everything worked fine. (Also you can even un-equipt weap. and auto attack to get the status effect if you hit that slow b:shocked)

Once you get the Sage version the 40% chance almost seems like 90% chance..
    I'm 1.25 aps - windshield 1.43 & I get the status effect first 1-3 hits 90% of the time.
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Northern Sky Sword is great, it's just a shame it over-rides HF and Amplify Damage debuffs rather than stacking
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Northern Sky Sword is great, it's just a shame it over-rides HF and Amplify Damage debuffs rather than stacking

ermh.. it does stack...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LexSanada - Sanctuary
    LexSanada - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is it possible to stack all of that with the Shatters as well for even more damage amping?
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is it possible to stack all of that with the Shatters as well for even more damage amping?

Yeah, though shatter debuffs don't effect auto-attacks, only skills, so it would be kinda useless anyway.

Why would a defense level debuff with a different icon from Amp and HF not stack? ._.

Remember children, power leveling is bad m'kay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • LexSanada - Sanctuary
    LexSanada - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Heart Shatter increases Physical damage dealt though, so that doesn't help...Ah, RTFS. I got it, thanks for clearing that up for me lol.
  • TwoHandedAOE - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options

lol this guy is definitely a trololol
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Whenever I have used it it seems to have cancelled the previous debuff, though this could be purely coincidental; most times have been during a boss fight where the debuff icons are changing so often it's hard to keep track.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Assuming you're running with ppl your own lvl, and their skills are lvld.

Amp lvl 10 lasts 20 seconds, demon version lasts 26 seconds.
    HF lasts 6 seconds at lvl 10. <which seems really really short in a boss fight and is hard to time stuff with>
    however, they have different icons and don't override eachother. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think its likely due to the fact that the post-expansion debuff icon HUD has a limit to the number of debuffs it can display. The next time you're in a squad that can potentially add more than 6-8 debuffs simultaneously, test it out. They really need to fix that b:shocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    as much I personally agree seeker would be great addition with their debuff

the majority of idiots wont...b:surrender

apparently even us barbs who can raise attack by 40%, hp by 35%, and reduce target def by 50% are "useless"... b:cry all of which DO work with auto-attack
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    as much I personally agree seeker would be great addition with their debuff

the majority of idiots wont...b:surrender

apparently even us barbs who can raise attack by 40%, hp by 35%, and reduce target def by 50% are "useless"... b:cry all of which DO work with auto-attack

I feel your pain D:

Im seeker and barb too its impossible to find a multirun squad when you're not APS b:cry

Northern Sky effect DO work with auto-attack too for an 20% damage AMP, in tandem with Saber Rattle which adds 3 atk lvls to squad this will be a 23% considerably permanent add to all direct damage.
    Sage northern sky has 40% chance of marking, and with my lv 8 northern sky i am able to set a "continuous" deflv reduction.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not to mention you can open up with Spirit Bore to reduce the Bosses attack level by 10, which isn't much, but it's nice. Although, with everyone being APS'd out, I wonder if it even has any effect at the 90+ Level tier. Anyone? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well we do gotta remember seekers are relatively new class. especially when u take off 2-3 weeks of mostly being low lvls and learning skills. this will just be a slow adjustment for alot of the characters who r so used to doing things a certain way. just work at. start with the faction ur in then there freinds. before u know it finding nv sq wont be real hard. just keep at it
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well we do gotta remember seekers are relatively new class. especially when u take off 2-3 weeks of mostly being low lvls and learning skills. this will just be a slow adjustment for alot of the characters who r so used to doing things a certain way. just work at. start with the faction ur in then there freinds. before u know it finding nv sq wont be real hard. just keep at it

You're right. I'm at 71 and still lost on seekers.

OMFG! Self-purify got a new name: Quid Pro Quo.
    So, are we wizards on Heavy armors? Are we meant to Tank? Are we the Pangu's salvation?

At all, now I see that: YES seekers CAN stun!

Parched blade is for 20%, lame. At sage we have 25% chance to inflict the bloodlet. This sounds like: [Every 4 Skills you use, one will allow you to stun with Stalagstrike. If you're lucky enough to inflict the bloodlet with an aoe (even edged blur) you will be able to stun EVERYONE in a 12m wide area for a lamy 3s].

Sounds bad for pvp? Ok, Barbs stun is for 4s, 50% never misses (6s cd). Archers one is for 3s, 90% and has chance to miss (15s cd).
    We have a 8s cooldown stun (1.3 taken by stalag cast time). if we auto attack for this time, we do 7 attacks, each having 1/5 chance to cause bloodlet. Its near impossible not to stun often with Parched blade, unless you get stunned by a bm b:cry

I think Parched blade 1-10 should be for 4s and demon for 6s. Just a cleaver Opinion about it.

Edged Blur deals our stances ailments. THATS AWESOME *-*
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • FuriousRico - Harshlands
    FuriousRico - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DG is still best for short fights and since the bosses drop dead in seconds in nirvana with a 5 aps squad your non aps DDing wouldnt be much help for them, it may be better in a long fight with a not so OP squad even then those are hard to get since most ask for aps DDs. Being able to DG + 5 aps = way more Damage for way less time.
  • supertroyman1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DG is still best for short fights and since the bosses drop dead in seconds in nirvana with a 5 aps squad your non aps DDing wouldnt be much help for them, it may be better in a long fight with a not so OP squad even then those are hard to get since most ask for aps DDs. Being able to DG + 5 aps = way more Damage for way less time.

u have a good point. but theres something else too. there r ususally 2 types of 5 aps squads. the +10 everything with ocassional r9 user. and the i kinda just reached 5 aps and my gear will work for now squad. the first group would be better off with jus raw dds but the 2nd group i feel would benefit slightly more from a seeker debuff. but then again its ur squad do what u c fit. just dont be afraid to give a pro seeker a try. that way we all go home happy
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you can't apply your debuff reliably in the first 3 seconds of the fight it's not very useful to the fast 5.0 squads.

Even if you could apply it reliable 20 defense level reduction would still come in as one of the weakest amps. It's weaker than HF, veno amp, archer bloodvow, sin subsea strike, genie extreme poison, barb devour... it's tied with cleric's silent seal I guess. It's good that it works on all bosses but adding an APS DD also works on all bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

HF lasts 6 seconds at lvl 10. <which seems really really short in a boss fight and is hard to time stuff with>
    however, they have different icons and don't override eachother. :)

Demon HF lasts for 9 seconds which is more than sufficient time for others to stack their debuffs with.
  • supertroyman1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you can't apply your debuff reliably in the first 3 seconds of the fight it's not very useful to the fast 5.0 squads.

Even if you could apply it reliable 20 defense level reduction would still come in as one of the weakest amps. It's weaker than HF, veno amp, archer bloodvow, sin subsea strike, genie extreme poison, barb devour... it's tied with cleric's silent seal I guess. It's good that it works on all bosses but adding an APS DD also works on all bosses.

lol your forgetting some HUGE factors about this amp.
    1. it can be permanetly applied
    2. stacks with pretty much every other amp
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Demon HF lasts for 9 seconds which is more than sufficient time for others to stack their debuffs with.

I said if he's running with ppl of his own lvl = lvl 89.
    You can't get demon/sage HF untill lvl 99 :)
    (yesh it was slightly off the topic of nirvanab:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mephilia - Archosaur
    Mephilia - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I figured starting a new topic would be pointless, since it would be answered here and still hold relevance. c:

I am looking to play a melee oriented class, but since I am a huge fan of playing a support type character, I figured Seekers would be the best for meeting what I want. A char that can support, while still being a melee oriented class and not having **** DD. And since this states that they can debuff, on top of other things to support the team, I figured they'd be perfect. Am I wrong in thinking this? If so, what would you suggest? I look forward to playing a Seeker because I'm sure this is like, exactly their job description. :3

Thank you for anyone who answers.
  • supertroyman1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I figured starting a new topic would be pointless, since it would be answered here and still hold relevance. c:

I am looking to play a melee oriented class, but since I am a huge fan of playing a support type character, I figured Seekers would be the best for meeting what I want. A char that can support, while still being a melee oriented class and not having **** DD. And since this states that they can debuff, on top of other things to support the team, I figured they'd be perfect. Am I wrong in thinking this? If so, what would you suggest? I look forward to playing a Seeker because I'm sure this is like, exactly their job description. :3

Thank you for anyone who answers.

actually sounds like seeker is just the class for u. job description is absorb and amp dmg(herd pwi employee himself state this)the only time we tank is really around the mid lvls when no other HA class is available. and in frost if squad dosnt have barb we usually start doing pulls around lvl 85+. but thats basically what seekers do in a ntshell
  • Mephilia - Archosaur
    Mephilia - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    actually sounds like seeker is just the class for u. job description is absorb and amp dmg(herd pwi employee himself state this)the only time we tank is really around the mid lvls when no other HA class is available. and in frost if squad dosnt have barb we usually start doing pulls around lvl 85+. but thats basically what seekers do in a ntshell

Like I said, I was sure this is what I wanted, but I didn't know 100%. Thank you. (:

EDIT: I'm aiming for 150 Dex, rest in Str and equipping for Vit/Hp.