Simple Solution to Psychic Chi

Options
Pyroatheist - Lost City
Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Psychic
Anyone who has ever played a psychic knows that you are ALWAYS running out of chi. It takes 10 minutes of spamming voodoos to build up 3 sparks, and then 15 seconds of a tough fight to burn out all your chi.

While I have no unreasonable expectations of facerolling my keyboard and having full chi at all times (sins anyone?) I believe that psychics are due some sort of skill that allows them to have a *Reasonable* rate of out-of-combat recovery ability.

My proposal is this: Add the gain of 1 spark to the cast of bubble of life. Here is my rational. Bubble of life has a 30 second cooldown. This means that while the psychic wont be able to instantly have full chi for their next fight, after a minute of spamming voodoos, plus a bubble of life, they can expect to have a reasonable amount of chi available. Additionally, due to its long channeling time, bubble of life is almost never cast during a fight. What this means, is that the higher chi regain ability given to psychics with a 1 spark-adding bubble of life would be necessarily limited to out of combat situations.

Honestly, I can't think of any downsides or drawbacks to adding 1 spark to bubble of life. It is not overpowered; 1 spark every 30 seconds is still a somewhat slow regeneration rate of chi. It is, however a REASONABLE rate of recovery, being that the current situation requires countless spams of voodoos in order to get any chi whatsoever.
Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
Post edited by Pyroatheist - Lost City on

Comments

• LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    1.Spam Voodoo, Soul of Stun/retaliation, Bubble.

2.Go sage and Get Free Chi.

3.This one is in instances, Go pk and use a Fist wep to Wack the NPC.

4.Grab some freaking Chi Apo -.- simple
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well i used to be able to go from 1 spark to full chi in about 10 seconds until they decided to **** it up.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sage Spirit Blast = winning
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Welcome to the strugles of all of those who are not sins

Get a genie with cloud eruption or something, and stop QQing
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Welcome to the strugles of all of those who are not sins

Get a genie with cloud eruption or something, and stop QQing
    and sage Spirit Blast :D it helps a lot
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and sage Spirit Blast :D it helps a lot

And master ly's technique.
    But by the QQing of the OP, I'm guessing she's demon
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chi Siphon, Cloud Erupt + max magic genie..... winning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And that would be why I have a genie with cloud eruption. It would also be why my psy's sage (besides, sage spirit blast, red tide and earth vector are all chi savers). And why I don't mind forking over obscene amounts of money to buy white teas (or I could make God's Teas for a half spark less, but bleh).
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Anyone who has ever played a psychic knows that you are ALWAYS running out of chi. It takes 10 minutes of spamming voodoos to build up 3 sparks, and then 15 seconds of a tough fight to burn out all your chi.

While I have no unreasonable expectations of facerolling my keyboard and having full chi at all times (sins anyone?) I believe that psychics are due some sort of skill that allows them to have a *Reasonable* rate of out-of-combat recovery ability.

My proposal is this: Add the gain of 1 spark to the cast of bubble of life. Here is my rational. Bubble of life has a 30 second cooldown. This means that while the psychic wont be able to instantly have full chi for their next fight, after a minute of spamming voodoos, plus a bubble of life, they can expect to have a reasonable amount of chi available. Additionally, due to its long channeling time, bubble of life is almost never cast during a fight. What this means, is that the higher chi regain ability given to psychics with a 1 spark-adding bubble of life would be necessarily limited to out of combat situations.

Honestly, I can't think of any downsides or drawbacks to adding 1 spark to bubble of life. It is not overpowered; 1 spark every 30 seconds is still a somewhat slow regeneration rate of chi. It is, however a REASONABLE rate of recovery, being that the current situation requires countless spams of voodoos in order to get any chi whatsoever.

Psy's aren't the only class who have to put up with that... Really, I think bms would need a chi skill WAY more especially after cc nerf. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FuriousRico - Harshlands
    FuriousRico - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah let's make r9 psy have full chi all the times! YAY!
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    buy white teas

/thread