Thicket in FC

lemurlord
lemurlord Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Mystic
debate going on as to whether Thicket scatters mobs in FC..

I mean.. it shouldn't, right? Doesn't seem to do so anywhere else? If so, then why would it scatter (some) FC mobs?

thanks. probably old news but the reason for this is bugging me
Post edited by lemurlord on

Comments

• lemurlord
    lemurlord Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hmm just came across this

"In AoE situations, mystics should take care. Although our aoes are not as limited as those of sins or venos, we still lack a continuous aoe skill, and our aoes come with their own issues, primarily that two of them have the potential to seal without immobilizing, which will cause the monsters to run away. In situations such as GV or frost aoes, this can cause melee classes to complain about the monsters running out of their aoes. Despite this, at times this ability can actually be useful, such as if the squad is taking too much damage. The issue is also less prevalent for a mystic with Lv 11 demon Gale Force, which has an increased chance to immobilize as well as seal. However, in these situations using Cragglord for aoes may be preferable to casting Thicket (see III for in-depth skill descriptions) due to this risk of sealing only. The most important thing is to be aware that this can happen, for better or for worse."

from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1107541
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Some FC mobs are immune to Stun/Paralyze i think, so thicket will only seal them, making them run away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well there's a chance that thicket will either only seal or freeze, and the larger the number of targets to aoe, the higher chance for varied results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AKB - Archosaur
    AKB - Archosaur Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    thicket make less mobs ran away compare to gale force. my opinion its ok to do thicket in fc.

btw if u have r8 +5 or above u can do thicket then gale force. the mobs will not have time to run b:chuckle

or u can try 3 spark then gale force it nice too.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5408/20110628201337.png

the link show my 3 spark + gale force damage on exp room pull.(r8 weap +3 refine only atm)
    well 185k is crit.
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ooo that's great to know, AKB -- thank you ;)
  • Wywer - Heavens Tear
    Wywer - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yesterday in PV i started using gale force on large pulls, and worked quite good if i timed it when bm stuned mobs, and my gale force didn't seal any of the mobs. My question is would this work in FC too, or not? I'm kind of a new player, so didn't do any FC runs so far b:surrender and i would appreciate some info about this.
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    yah if u have bm to stun u can use gale force in fc too.

let the bm/ psy stun the mobs 1st and make sure all mobs die before bm/psy stun effect is off, if not mobs will still run cuz of ur seal from gale force.

gale force is usefull to save cleric just in case cleric got agro from healing the puller.
    thicket can be use to kill bishops at path on the way to jail room, if ur squad got no psy/bm to stun the bishop. b:pleased
  • Wywer - Heavens Tear
    Wywer - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yah if u have bm to stun u can use gale force in fc too.

let the bm/ psy stun the mobs 1st and make sure all mobs die before bm/psy stun effect is off, if not mobs will still run cuz of ur seal from gale force.

Well i didn't have time to notice if i seal them after stun wears off, cause mobs were dieing so fast b:chuckle mainly that is why i started using gale force there, cause i had missy out for aoe, but still had a feeling that i didn't do anything, seeker doing vortex, everyone else aoeing madly and mobs were dead in no-time.
  • Liliai - Dreamweaver_1330589035
    Liliai - Dreamweaver_1330589035 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    From my experience in FC at lower levels, I was yelled at whenever I used thicket or gale force because of the scatter problem lol
    But now it isn't so much of a problem. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    \\\ You were born an original. Don't die a copy. \\\

~My Characters~
    {Liliai - 101 Mystic} ♥ {Schulyer - 101 Psychic} ♥ {Adilah - 95 Veno} ♥ {/\rri - 71 Assassin}

*Currently taking a break from the game*
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    From my experience in FC at lower levels, I was yelled at whenever I used thicket or gale force because of the scatter problem lol
    But now it isn't so much of a problem. b:chuckle

b:chuckle me too got yelled a lot when i was a lowbies.
  • Clearweather - Sanctuary
    Clearweather - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i'd say dont really use it in lower FC as Liliai posted up there, people seem to scream alot xD (happened to me so many times. "DONT KB,DONT KB")
    At higher lvl it shouldnt do any problem.
    what i did was, i combined punishing sting and lysing to explode em, mistress's aoe
    and bramble rage on genie b:cute