Why Zeal?

Options
mjdbravo
mjdbravo Posts: 31 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Seeker
why do lots of seekers like zeal?

i have the green one so im worried..

im already lvl 46 so if i ama to get me zeal.. how should i grow it? what stats, affinity and skills would you suggest?

and is my green one trashed? >.<
Post edited by mjdbravo on

Comments

• DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Zeals are popular (with many classes) because the skill they start with (can't remember the name) can be used to pull mobs (like venos do with their pets). Nothing wrong with getting yourself a zeal if you wanted to but I would not stress-out about it, nor do I see any reason to to get rid of your current genie.....unless you think the stats are all messed up?

As for what stats/skills to put on a genie for a seeker to use, I will let someone else respond to that....I don't play a seeker so I don't know what would work best for you guys.
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The starting skill for zeal is called earthflame, which, as mentioned, allows you to lure a single mob within a group. Some players don't understand that their ranged skills aren't always going to lure mobs away properly. Sometimes, you may end up luring too many mobs with such an attack and can potentially wipe you and/or your squad. I personally like it because there are some quests and instances where such a thing is useful (luring boss adds before fighting a boss, for example).

You really don't need to worry about genies before you get into the higher lvl instances like FC, imo. Later on, you can pick up genies at the watcher of the earth (located in main cities) for three mirages. It's best to do genie development later in the game when you can spare more spirit to learn genie skills.

If you want to know more about genies, check this out: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Genie_Guides
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mjdbravo
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The starting skill for zeal is called earthflame, which, as mentioned, allows you to lure a single mob within a group. Some players don't understand that their ranged skills aren't always going to lure mobs away properly. Sometimes, you may end up luring too many mobs with such an attack and can potentially wipe you and/or your squad. I personally like it because there are some quests and instances where such a thing is useful (luring boss adds before fighting a boss, for example).

You really don't need to worry about genies before you get into the higher lvl instances like FC, imo. Later on, you can pick up genies at the watcher of the earth (located in main cities) for three mirages. It's best to do genie development later in the game when you can spare more spirit to learn genie skills.

If you want to know more about genies, check this out: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Genie_Guides

so what skills and stats would you suggest for my zeal then? ^_^
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Here's the list from my genie section from my guide: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12997281&postcount=4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    zeals are also popular because they have the highest starting mag stat of the four. this makes it (slightly, but still) easier to build them into high-mag genies --- and higher mag gives them higher energy regen, which is enormously good.

even if you already have a zeal genie with earthflame for luring, even if you're planning to get rid of the default skill on your next genie to make room for something else, getting a zeal as that next genie is probably a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • WildFireXIII - Dreamweaver
    WildFireXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For the most part I only use zeals for the reasons stated above. Also note that if you delete the stating skill you can't get it back. I made that mistake once a long time ago lol.

As for skills go for tree of protection, holy path, tangling mire, r courage, cloud erupt, and absolute domain, those seem to work great for me.
  • mjdbravo
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For the most part I only use zeals for the reasons stated above. Also note that if you delete the stating skill you can't get it back. I made that mistake once a long time ago lol.

As for skills go for tree of protection, holy path, tangling mire, r courage, cloud erupt, and absolute domain, those seem to work great for me.

woah i bet u have a nice genie coz u got 7 skills... lol..