Hey fishes, yes you 8X and 9X's!

Options
Okeano - Harshlands
Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Assassin
Stop killing the last shade on the pulls!!! It doesn't make things any faster and it's annoying as sht not having a high HP target to get my zhen on my Archer.
Post edited by Okeano - Harshlands on

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Actually it does. I kill it while the pull is going on, leaving me and the barb free to aoe with the rest of the squad.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes in the mean while, Archer's AoE drops when the mob targeted dies and the rest of the mobs no longer get hit by BoA. But sure, let's trade your 2 AoEs for constant BoA when we are pulling 30 mobs that are spread out.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, its better to target the highest hp mob to zhen on obviously... seeing as BoA cancels when the target dies.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I feel so nice being active on this subforum.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In all of the FCCs I went, I didn't really see too many Archers.

But yeah, it'd suck *** to have leveled BoA to 10 and then have it be a waste of sparks and mana. Especially since archers don't chi skills.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's not so much of a problem in 90+ fcs, when most people's AoE's are strong enough without BoA. In the FCs I've ran with an archer in my 90s, I see most just using other AoE's than BoA.

But in general, I always ask the puller in my 80-98 FCs if it was okay to kill the last shade in the pull. If they say leave it, I'll leave it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh i'm sorry, but no.

I prefer to kill the shade, triple spark -> subsea -> tangling mire -> earthen rift, while under heaven's flame and watch all the mos die to 80k crits :D
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh i'm sorry, but no.

I prefer to kill the shade, triple spark -> subsea -> tangling mire -> earthen rift, while under heaven's flame and watch half the mos die to 80k crits :D

Fixed.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fixed.

lol, only in the big room do the mobs not die when I hit crits on my sin b:cute

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *Facepalm* nvmd, go get rolled by a Seeker moar.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *Facepalm* nvmd, go get rolled by a Seeker moar.

lol, awww. Cute you had to revert to trying to troll me, sorry but i'm not gonna give you a rise just from your attempt to troll me :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sad i have to share a server with it :(.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's good advice, what more can i say.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol, awww. Cute you had to revert to trying to troll me, sorry but i'm not gonna give you a rise just from your attempt to troll me :)

K I'll spell it out for you. Why would you only kill half of the mobs when you crit for 80k? It's not because there are randomly mobs with twice as much HP as others so they don't die when they get hit, but because the range of Sin's AoEs are short that you don't reach the magic mobs on a mixed pull. So you'll save a few seconds killing the shade, then have to spend more time to 1v1 the magic mobs until your AoEs cool down.

No it's not a life or death situation, but just something annoying happens because people don't think things out.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao I'm still trying to comprehend where killing the shade at the end of the hall is useful.

it's a few sec I suppose and whatnot but it always seemed like common sense to leave it up as a primary focal point for the other classes to not have to repeatedly tab (or click in the old days) a new target and restart their aoe's.

Besides that it makes for a wonderful chi gaining target on a pve server for rising dragon before moving onwards.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao I'm still trying to comprehend where killing the shade at the end of the hall is useful.

it's a few sec I suppose and whatnot but it always seemed like common sense to leave it up as a primary focal point for the other classes to not have to repeatedly tab (or click in the old days) a new target and restart their aoe's.

Besides that it makes for a wonderful chi gaining target on a pve server for rising dragon before moving onwards.

Thank you! Someone with some senses. It's also good for BM to build chi at the end of a pull.
  • kokopuffz
    kokopuffz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thank you! Someone with some senses. It's also good for BM to build chi at the end of a pull.

Yes please stop killing them it makes things soooo much more easier when u just have one focal point *agreed* please stop being selfish and let everyone in the squad do sufficient damage* things work out more smoothtly and quicker when everyone's able to help out
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This sounds like those sins that feel like theyr freaking OP, and thus need to tell it to the rest of the squad.
    They than do it by killing the shade.

Or as in my BH Abba squad a few days ago, a 5k HP sin who pulled monoblat and tryd to solo him outside of BB (it was funny to watch him get 1shot though b:cute)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This sounds like those sins that feel like theyr freaking OP, and thus need to tell it to the rest of the squad.
    They than do it by killing the shade.

Or as in my BH Abba squad a few days ago, a 5k HP sin who pulled monoblat and tryd to solo him outside of BB (it was funny to watch him get 1shot though b:cute)

So OP that they must kill shades..... wtf?

Any reasonably geared toon should easily be able to take out a shade in FCC, definitely after they get their sage/demon spark.

Also sometimes the sins can start killing the first boss (he isn't really strong) while the rest clear the way.

Overall, killing the shades speeds up many runs, depending
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So OP that they must kill shades..... wtf?

Any reasonably geared toon should easily be able to take out a shade in FCC, definitely after they get their sage/demon spark.

Also sometimes the sins can start killing the first boss (he isn't really strong) while the rest clear the way.

Killing the ones at the end of the hall can be counterproductive in that endeavor.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options

I have no problem with killing shades to make for bigger pull. It's killing the one at the end of a pull that doesn't make sense.
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Im still trying to figure out which shade you are referring to...you said the last shade, to me thats the one before messenger of fear, which if Im correct means you are complaining about not being able to barrage about 10 mobs.

But Im thinking thats not the one and you mean the last shade before shocktrooper, this I can see being a shade that doesnt really require to be killed

but then again you are complaining something also as useless considering half the mobs would not be in reach of any zhen or aoe near shade...so really both perspectives are relatively as useful as they are effective.

either way, this is exactly why i dont group fcc anymore too many people with too many different preferences.

lord its good to be a sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Last shades for all the pulls. The big pull with the one right before first boss, the pull of the magic hall before second boss etc.