sin killing barb build?

iamwhoiammabye
iamwhoiammabye Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Barbarian
hey guys,

just started a barb on HL and was wondering which build(vit or str?)/weapon(axe or fist?) would be good for soloing and killing sins (lots of sins)...cause i've talked to friends that are sins and they say barbs are one of the hardest classes to kill...

thx

(oh ya im talking mid level right now...ill worry bout 9x + when i get there)
Post edited by iamwhoiammabye on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Demon Roar Works every-time. b:victory
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Demon Roar Works every-time. b:victory

only in duel / tw. open world PvP it doesnt.

Mid game (I'm assuming you mean pre 80's) a vit build barb with decent gears and refines/shards shouldnt have much trouble against a same level sin in PK since they haven't gotten their loads of interval yet. true they still hit hard.. but barb can take them down fairly easy at those levels with their higher defenses and no-miss skills.

id advise against be a fist barb that early on in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011

This is true. Pre level 99, don't go fists, after 99 Fists are great and you can always chain stun (Mighty Swing) and OI to kill a sin with fists in no time, depending on them using badge/AD.

Add instance pk (right?) like Warsong and Delta to the list of places Demon Roar works.

Mid game (70-98) vit build works well as long as you have Misty rings. Devour->Flesh Ream spam->invoke and let the squishies bleed to death.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011

Mid game (I'm assuming you mean pre 80's) a vit build barb with decent gears and refines/shards shouldnt have much trouble against a same level sin in PK since they haven't gotten their loads of interval yet. true they still hit hard.. but barb can take them down fairly easy at those levels with their higher defenses and no-miss skills.

Well i don't enter pk mode, so the only time i fight people are in duels, TW, cube of fate, dragon temple, and the other pk enabled instances. all of which bramble works in.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hey guys,

just started a barb on HL and was wondering which build(vit or str?)/weapon(axe or fist?) would be good for soloing and killing sins (lots of sins)...

A barb isn't a good way to kill a sin (or any other class really). You will get stunned and then APSd to death before the stun wears off. The best class to kill a sin is a psychic with high gear. Sin's will kill themselves on soul of vengeance, stun themselves on soul of stunning, and get sealed over and over again with a high soulforce. Beyond that they will be a 1 shot.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    MOst of the sin are a 1-shot. They are squishy. Yes they have the skill that avoid the death, but after that is done.

If you manage to break the stun-sleep-whatever chain they will drop on your head, then is easy to deal with them.

Keep in mind that going against a SIN means that he will start the fight. So be prepared

Demon path will be very usefull in this situation. Demon sunder will help you in the critical situation, and if you follow that with a demon devour, you'll have 2 critical attacks that hits hard on em. At this point they are close to death so u just have to use FR and he will drop.

I have onestly never had any problem with endgame sins. I find hard time with the heavily refined ones that have very high HP and hit like a truck. But trust me, if you manage to land some stuns and demon bestial onslaught, they are gonna drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Pandamoniumn - Harshlands
    Pandamoniumn - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    okay so my barb currently is 96ish str 26 vit 16dex 5mag (w/o gear).... i was going for a modified str build so that i could level quickly to 29...as i approcah lvl 29 should i move points over to vit now or build up dex as a str barb...

my build
    Dex = equip req
    str = leftover
    vit = 1 per level

thanks
    b:laugh
  • Pandamoniumn - Harshlands
    Pandamoniumn - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    crunchycat wrote: »
    A barb isn't a good way to kill a sin (or any other class really). You will get stunned and then APSd to death before the stun wears off. The best class to kill a sin is a psychic with high gear. Sin's will kill themselves on soul of vengeance, stun themselves on soul of stunning, and get sealed over and over again with a high soulforce. Beyond that they will be a 1 shot.

i am playing with a barb....i know u hate them...deal with it...
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Want to kill sins?

Roll a sin and have higher detection level, or roll a psy and have 100000000000 soulforce. Those are the only 2 ways to kill a sin that isn't pants on head ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Want to kill sins?

Roll a sin and have higher detection level, or roll a psy and have 100000000000 soulforce. Those are the only 2 ways to kill a sin that isn't pants on head ****.

honestly sins are absurdly easy to kill, even without demon bramble i never had much of a problem. thier def is really low and they really cant take you down that fast without demon sparking. which u can just invoke trough if u see it. as like i said demon roar pretty much kills them instantly.

a sin has to be MUCH better geared than any barb to be able to take them down.

sins is like the easiest class by far to taken down as a barb.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    honestly sins are absurdly easy to kill, even without demon bramble i never had much of a problem. thier def is really low and they really cant take you down that fast without demon sparking. which u can just invoke trough if u see it. as like i said demon roar pretty much kills them instantly.

a sin has to be MUCH better geared than any barb to be able to take them down.

sins is like the easiest class by far to taken down as a barb.
    No one cares about your duels against level 90s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have to agree with Rawrgh. End game sins, while it might take a little to get through the charm, a barb wouldn't do much, just waste away a charm.

Well i don't enter pk mode, so the only time i fight people are in duels, TW, cube of fate, dragon temple, and the other pk enabled instances.

You said it yourself
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    i don't NEED bramble to beat an assassin. unless the assassin has absurdly better gear than be their going to lose, bramble or not. Demon sunder demon devour demon flesh ream all 100% crit, they die end of story. even if they have their skill to save them from a 1 shot the bleed damage would take them down. they cant take consecutive high damage hit like that.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    That's because your gear is **** so if a sin even has one peice of -interval gear then they have "absurdly better gear"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i don't NEED bramble to beat an assassin. unless the assassin has absurdly better gear than be their going to lose, bramble or not. Demon sunder demon devour demon flesh ream all 100% crit, they die end of story. even if they have their skill to save them from a 1 shot the bleed damage would take them down. they cant take consecutive high damage hit like that.

So you've been dueling lvl 10 sins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    That's because your gear is **** so if a sin even has one peice of -interval gear then they have "absurdly better gear"
    So you've been dueling lvl 10 sins?

you guys can troll me all you want for all the good it will do you.

especially you Rawrgh... i like listening to your idiotic responses.b:laugh

you get stuck with with your claws on and cant use any skills, u sacrificed all ur hp to put those darn things on now didn't you.

while the sin can stun lock you into oblivion with your lower def lower hp and no skills in human form with claws equipped.

and you wonder why you lose b:bye
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you guys can troll me all you want for all the good it will do you.

especially you Rawrgh... i like listening to your idiotic responses.b:laugh

you get stuck with with your claws on and cant use any skills, u sacrificed all ur hp to put those darn things on now didn't you.

while the sin can stun lock you into oblivion with your lower def lower hp and no skills in human form with claws equipped.

and you wonder why you lose b:bye

Furries dude.. u really should not comment on this if u dont pkb:surrender
    PK and duels are worlds appart.... aps sins were bad enough...but now most of them come wiht zerk too...b:shocked they easily do 3k+ damage per hit with crits and zerks on 30k phy def barbs... u sure u know wat ur talking abt?

I dont know much abt Rawrgh.... but Roid is one of the best pvp barbs in my server.. If i were u i did listen and learn from them instead of trashing them with ur false facts....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Furries dude.. u really should not comment on this if u dont pkb:surrender
    PK and duels are worlds appart.... aps sins were bad enough...but now most of them come wiht zerk too...b:shocked they easily do 3k+ damage per hit with crits and zerks on 30k phy def barbs... u sure u know wat ur talking abt?

I dont know much abt Rawrgh.... but Roid is one of the best pvp barbs in my server.. If i were u i did listen and learn from them instead of trashing them with ur false facts....

the only differnce between duels and pk mode is no charm in duels and no bramble.

as for no charm With higher hp i have the advantage there and no, bramble well yeah that certainly make life harder but it doesnt change the fact that a sin still need way better gear to be able to beat a barb.

you wanna see my gear here you go,
    eat your heart out:

http://pwcalc.com/a07012a8b92084c7

my point is a sin has to spend about 5x as much as i do to beat me, and even then its still pretty even.

i frequently beat rank 8 sins with + 10 weps and it not even a contest.

and if ne1 want to dispute that, they can meet me at orchid temple.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    no offence but really any r8 sin with a +10 weapon who can't beat that calc has no idea what they're doing.

the only differnce between duels and pk mode is no charm in duels and no bramble.
    You're acting like a charm is nothing, it's the biggest difference between duels and pking and it changes it completely.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sins are a fun kill especially if a barb knows how to evade some of their openers / stun locks. Then you get to see them run and re-stealth for their lives.

I'm always entertained. b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2011

and if ne1 want to dispute that, they can meet me at orchid temple.

Oh how I wish you were on LC. With your gear, you wouldn't last long with a +10 r8 sin who knew what he was doing. Sorry to say, but it is true. You should stop arguing with these guys and making yourself look like a fool. They pvp, you don't. They have experience, you don't. Duels? gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    just to throw my own tidbit in there...

Im currently sitting on 12311 pdef unbuffed at 18380 HP in demon tiger form. Even with buffs, when a sin like HR decides to pop out of stealth with something like: tackling slash -> OI -> dspark -> TM , I'm dead in 2 seconds if not charmed. If I am charmed maybe I can survive beyond the OI stun and get off an invoke if they don't throatcut in time, but then they go stealth (or run around) and wait for invoke to wear off, rinse and repeat.

well geared end game sins, especially ones that have PK experience, are quite challenging in open world PK. Unlike dueling (bramble aside) you don't get to see the fight coming and may not have full chi, and you certainly don't get to use Violent Triumph before the fight starts unless you do the whole "say go when ready" thing.

I wont lie, I eat dirt a lot at OT when it comes to fighting the better sins. But that just provides fuel to get better gear. 5.0 +10-12 DDTs with GoF/Sac really hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..