The higher lv I reach the more I found that ppl in this world r all not nice..

shiaaa333
shiaaa333 Posts: 174 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
It's not obvious when ur low lv but the higher u go the more ***hole player u will meet in this world. Be prepared to be screwed...I've been told that one can not get friend from adding randomly ppl, I didn't believe it but now I c the point.
Post edited by shiaaa333 on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cool story bro.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:surrender welcome to any world... even the real one lol when we are young we are naive and things are simple; the world consists of as far as we can see and that is huge to us...
    then we grow up and realize the world we grew up in isnt what we thought it was (and a lot more complicated) b:chuckle and you learn to deal with it, grow some thick skin and someday, you might realize that the world is what you make it for yourself.
    there are good people out there too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    shiaaa333 wrote: »
    It's not obvious when ur low lv but the higher u go the more ***hole player u will meet in this world. Be prepared to be screwed...I've been told that one can not get friend from adding randomly ppl, I didn't believe it but now I c the point.

Hm... It isn't only a thing about lvls. Although some people do get arrogant as they lvl up.

But... don't randomly add people to friend list... it can be annoying. Just join an active faction and talk with people there, and also with people you get into squads with for quests/grinding. You might then run into really nice people. There are few left out there, but theres still some b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:surrender welcome to any world...

that, seconded. the process of growing up seems to largely involve acquiring enough scars that, when hurt, you eventually won't be able to bleed anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    that, seconded. the process of growing up seems to largely involve acquiring enough scars that, when hurt, you eventually won't be able to bleed anymore.

i like that <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i always considered the people who randomly added to friendlist to be asses so ya...good job there
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    <_< Actually, I believe it's common curtsy to actually get to know someone before adding them to your friends list. Most people don't except randoms due to the high rate of randoms being a-holes as well. Remember, it's a Friends list, not a Random person I squadded with once and barely talked to list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cool story bro.

cool meme bro
    unledum.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i'll usually accept friend requests from people i've squadded with, unless i thought them utter failures. this is usually harmless, and i typically never hear from them again.

i'll not add them to my list in turn, however, unless i feel i know them and like them.

my friends list is very short.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't add random invites from people I've never even talked to my friends list. It's not arrogance, or because I dislike low levels, or anything of that nature. It's because I don't know the person. If we did a run together, and I thought you were good and you send me an invite, I may send one back. But that's about the extent of the unknowns on my list. Why don't you try talking to people, and whispering them first? Get to know each other. You would propose to someone on a first date would you? You wouldn't suggest being girlfriend and boyfriend to someone you just met at a bar? What about in real life? Would you randomly walk up to some stranger, hug them and ask them be your friend? Well similar feelings apply to people's friends list. They only get so many spaces, so they want to get to know people before they add them. People they know are competent and will help them with this or that. Or people they like to talk to. I suggest joining a faction and talking to the people there. You'll find you will make more friends. :)

Happy Gaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Cavorex - Raging Tide
    Cavorex - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've met a few good people in here, but quite a few that i could definately live without... Maybe thats why my friends list is so short and my blacklist is so longb:chuckle

Advice stop accepting random requests, the randoms are usually people just trying to scam you out of what you've worked to earn.
  • LadySam - Heavens Tear
    LadySam - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWI fail . Nuff said b:bye
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Would you randomly walk up to some stranger, hug them and ask them be your friend?

^_^ Yes I would thats a good idea do that just not on some random drunk guy that doesn't work :P often anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i'll usually accept friend requests from people i've squadded with, unless i thought them utter failures. this is usually harmless, and i typically never hear from them again.

i'll not add them to my list in turn, however, unless i feel i know them and like them.

my friends list is very short.

My friends list is very short as well lol, i dont mind it that way either. I shun the random friends request i dont know them. Nor do i need to know them. I just play to lvl. I have one good friend that i personally know and thats all i need.

And its funny how sometimes i do add some who request to be friend cause at one point ur talkin alot during a bh, yadda yadda they like ur attitude. But next day ur on and that person is on, and no real conversation is taking place... so what was the point in adding me...

I prefer to be remembered as the one who was playing their toon really well during any instance. I often get "hey i remember you!" momentb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've never understood people who randomly friend request, or randomly squad me. Every now and then I PM them and ask what they want, most of the time its "borrow me u legs" or coin, or fly mount, or something else. And some people repeatedly friend request/squad me, and after ignoring them about 5 times or more, they say, "help me". By that time I'm already annoyed with them and say no.

One other thing I've noticed. Is that this 18 and over game, is overrun by 9 year olds. Or at least people who act like 9 year olds. I can't count how many times I've seen on world chat, someone insulting someone else's intelligence, while making a mockery of their own by using "u" or "ur" or "sumthin" (you get the point right?). Maybe they're just lazy. I think they're just stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    rofl, great jobs mods. How about you leave thread title's alone already???

Calling people an ******* in a title is perfectly fine because that is what a LOT of the people in this game are.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The only reason low levels aren't **** you over is because they don't know how to yet.

I see high levels use low levels all the time without them realizing it with fbs for the rep. Most of the time its the only time a high level will help a low level. I've had several friends over the years ask me for help because the only time their faction would help them with bosses is if it was a tabbed FB. Which after explaining to them this simple fact they would realize they were getting used.

I help lowbies from time to time. Tanked bh51 for a poor lowbie that had dilligantly remaiend at Head hunter for nearly an hour looking for squad before I took pitty on them and lent them a hand. Helped a newb earlier with the little boss in plume since I happened to be at that banker.

I just don't friend just anyone though. Especially lowbies simply because helping them can become a problematic request by them and the only reason they communicate with me is to kill bosses for them. I remove people all the time because of the shallow relationship I developed with them. Usually the only communication I get is for the same thing they wanted to add me in the first place.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The only reason low levels aren't **** you over is because they don't know how to yet.

I see high levels use low levels all the time without them realizing it with fbs for the rep. Most of the time its the only time a high level will help a low level. I've had several friends over the years ask me for help because the only time their faction would help them with bosses is if it was a tabbed FB. Which after explaining to them this simple fact they would realize they were getting used.

I help lowbies from time to time. Tanked bh51 for a poor lowbie that had dilligantly remaiend at Head hunter for nearly an hour looking for squad before I took pitty on them and lent them a hand. Helped a newb earlier with the little boss in plume since I happened to be at that banker.

I just don't friend just anyone though. Especially lowbies simply because helping them can become a problematic request by them and the only reason they communicate with me is to kill bosses for them. I remove people all the time because of the shallow relationship I developed with them. Usually the only communication I get is for the same thing they wanted to add me in the first place.

I've probably helped maybe 2 random people. And it was because they asked in a polite way. One I watched die probably 15 times trying to do the same boss over and over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I used to run random BH's. I'd tank them, or solo them, or heal them.

Eventually, I got tired of the attitude of others. I tanked my BH39's on my Sin, and BH51's, and BH59's. Now that my Sin is 85, I am able to solo BH29 without heals or food, and 39/51 can be done with the minimum of food. I'd offer to solo the bosses or even tank them if there was a cleric in squad, and was told 'no, we need a tank, not a DD, go get a life *******' several times, so I basically stopped helping people.

I also was told that my BM, at 73, wasn't a good enough tank for BH59.

Once I got to the point where I wasn't even helping my friends, I quit the game.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't accept random people invites for the pure fact, my friends list is maxed. I have to delete someone who i do talk to, for a random person I don't know. Being a 5.0 sin most people like to try and add me for whatever instance they can. So I'm not keen on adding people.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I deleted all but 2 of my friends (who quit) off my FL 6 months ago. Added maybe 4 new ones since then (who I never talk to).

In general, you'll make about 2-3 close "friends" in game, make a bunch of faction "friends" and the rest will fill up space because they're "useful".

The last two groups are completely redundant and should be avoided.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The More You Know
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The title editing are always entertaining.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I refuse random invites myself.

I've never had a major problem with beggers though, since I would just pretend to be afk and they would leave after awhile (I have a tendency to just stand in one place and enjoy the view).

I only started expending my friends list when I got to FC. Mainly adding people to my list is either......

1. Very good friends that I've known since low levels.

2. Good players that you can pm if you need a certain class for a squad.

I will stress that they are all nice players too since I don't add nasty people no matter how well they play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Random friend invites usually mean that if you accept them you will get spammed things like :

I NEED 6 MILLION PLS CAN I HAVE PLS???!!!!!

I NEED KILL KUN KUN PLS HELP PLS!!!!!

MAGIC HIGH LEVEL PLS DO ALL MY BH FOR ME PLS???!!!

:| I would help people on random things and then they would friend me so that they could spam me with requests later, this is why random requesting is a bad way to make friends.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I never send a friend list to a person I do not know, not even those whom I have run BH`s,

etc with, if somebody wants to add me I try to be polite and add them back, but after I do

not even speak to them ever again pretty much. Only had 1 idiot which kept asking me for

money and do his BH`s (soon he was b-listed). you just need to try and find decent people, It`s like in live to find

good people you need to go through all the d1cks first. In addition, I cannot wait till PWI

extends b-list, mine is always full with a lot more people to add x.x
  • Randamu - Harshlands
    Randamu - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As someone who first played PW Malaysia for over 3 years before going to PWI I can tell you that there's a huge difference between the general attitude and behavior of players in PWI and PW-MY. There weren't nearly as many assh.oles on the MY server. Also there seem to be a lot of sexually frustrated individuals on the PWI servers who seem to find it hard not to steer any conversation into a vent for their frustrations - another thing I rarely encountered on the MY servers.
  • Kayleigh - Raging Tide
    Kayleigh - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I usually reserve my friends list for people I really know or come to really know in game. It has been interesting on my barb alt as I usually just get friend requests at the end of fcs just because I'm playing a barb. Yes I know barbs are rare for fc, but just because I did a run with you doesn't mean I'll going to friend you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Started March 2010
    Characters
    Kayleigh - 102 Sage Cleric
    KayTheBarb - 100 Sage Barbarian
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As someone who first played PW Malaysia for over 3 years before going to PWI I can tell you that there's a huge difference between the general attitude and behavior of players in PWI and PW-MY. There weren't nearly as many assh.oles on the MY server. Also there seem to be a lot of sexually frustrated individuals on the PWI servers who seem to find it hard not to steer any conversation into a vent for their frustrations - another thing I rarely encountered on the MY servers.

Well around 70% of the MY-En population cant speak English much so its kinda hard to know when they're being a-holes. I cant even take offense to most their insults because it usually involves a dog/pig of some sort lol. But i do agree about all the sexually frustrated dorks. Its pretty funny because most of them are very innocent and the so called sex jokes, even my grandma would approve of it. Sexually frustrated individuals over here are usually more vulgar while on My-EN a guy might ask a girl to "come sleep in my bed" and his 10 cousins and siblings sitting on the same Internet cafe goes crazy an starts spamming guild chatt.
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Based on what Ive learned on my own, there is also a class variable to consider. There seems to be a totem pole, so to speak, which places our classes in order of usefulness and thus changes the attitude of certain players towards certain classes. For instance, one might look like this:

Assassin - an almost completely self suficient class with the potential to solo most instances by endgame. Nuff said.

Cleric/mystic - tools for healing. Not necessarily wanted, but almost always needed.

Barbarian/seeker - also tools, but for tanking. No one wants to suffer the boss' wrath. A necessity in most if not all squads until about lvl 90.

Archer - not particularly recognized until 90+ when they're found more useful, ironically, without their bow. Unfortunately falls victim to the illusion that aps>dps.

Blademaster - with a vast variation of skills and builds, the BM is a grey area as far as usefulness. Ideally they are masters of stun and aoe, but a combination/variation of the above classes would render the BM fairly useless unless it were a specific build (ie: aps, vit/axe.)

Wizard - though very powerful as far as dps, the aps illusion has made it a bit harder to get into high level squads.

Veno - a hit or miss. Herc can make for a great tank, but Is very expensive. Most venos aren't wanted in squads despite their ability to weaken bosses and provide sparks.

Psychic - see wizard.

Of course this isn't my personal Idea, its just what I happen to see trending whenever I try to squad.

So you see, Its not just personality. You pretty much set yourself up the moment you choose your class.

Whew..that was a lot to do on my phone :/