Cleric Full Heal (help needed)

Turtliciousx - Lost City
Turtliciousx - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
Hey guys first thank you for taking time to read this and help me, b:laugh

2nd I need to ask, I'm level 17 and I haven't spent much money, I'm not sure how to bid or auction (for coin not gold) and don't think I'm leveling my Cleric right for a PvP server.

I have something like 43 Mag 24 vit 24 str 5 dex at My current lvl (17 at time of posting)

Have I gimped it? I keep getting killed, but I don't have a clue what I am doing (I am not new to MMo's but I AM new to PWI) I have all NPC and quest armor, (depending on which is better,) and I was wondering what I should be doing. Just questing? Where do I get some nice armor?

I would love a detailed answer, but can understand if this isn't possible.

oh and 50k in coin (might be 60 soon gotta sell a bunch of ****)

Are there any special Items I should be saving and not selling? what are these Celeste stones for?
Post edited by Turtliciousx - Lost City on

Comments

• zyean
    zyean Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Should do 9 mag 1 str every 2 levels
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hi there,

You probably have too much strength for your level. At level 101 I have all of 50 base strength, which, when combined with my cape (57), is enough to wear any Arcane Armor.

Just in case you've not been using a general guide to distribute your stats, the general stat distribution for strength is 1 every 2 levels.

As for the other stats, there are many cleric builds but I'll list the 2 main builds that are most effective.

-Pure Magic: stat distribution: 1 strength 9 magic every 2 levels. In short, this build gives you the most damage/healing power but lowest survivability.

-Vitality Hybrid: stat distribution: 1 strength, 1 vitality, 8 magic every 2 levels OR 1 strength, 2 vitality, 7 Magic every 2 levels. This build gives you slightly less healing/damage dealing capabilities as the previous but gives you higher survivability. The amount of vitality you add depends on your preference.

Actually, while typing this, I'm figuring that there are many in depth cleric guides on the forums, which would probably be more useful than the little I'm spewing out now. Perhaps you should check them out.

As for money - don't worry about the auction house until later into the game. You've got to know the market to participate in it. Do your quests, learn your class. Quest rewards will be perfectly enough in terms of gear and coin income. Exp too, until level 40 when you start doing Bounty Hunter quests.

As for dying - be sure to utilize the heals you have. Stack ironheart blessing on yourself before/during a mob fight, or kite the mob. I found a mini-guide on kiting on a wizzie guide once, and it proved rather useful. Google for the guides if you're unable to find them here. It's worth the effort. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
    Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Maybe this will help answer some of your questions: The Illustrated Advice for the Newbie
    "Imagination is more important than intelligence."
  • Turtliciousx - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    So I decided to go 9 mag 1 str,

My last question is, what's the market for a reset scroll, I'd like to have one very much to undo my character and essentially "fix" him
    edited June 2011
    To tell you the truth, rather than a reset stone, at your level you might want to create another toon and simply send all the stuff from the first to the second through the mail.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    To tell you the truth, rather than a reset stone, at your level you might want to create another toon and simply send all the stuff from the first to the second through the mail.

+1

and nice guide Thistle :) that is awesome, one of the better ones I have seen ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2011

My last question is, what's the market for a reset scroll, I'd like to have one very much to undo my character and essentially "fix" him

Since u havent added Dex (ty god) just be patient and wait the lvl till ur str is fine ( that would be lvl 40) Till that lvl , add 5 magic every time , and then follow a build Aries suggested (Crazy stone quest will lvl u fast from lvl 30-40 and its dirt cheap).

One way to calculate ur str as arcane is [(Ur LVL + 8)/2] Warning , it doesnt work if u use Pataka weapons ( they have higher str requirement).

Good luck and welcoem to the Cleric world b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Turtliciousx - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Maybe this will help answer some of your questions: The Illustrated Advice for the Newbie
    That. Was. Amazing ^_^ Really man this guide has been like a manual for the game.
    Erm... I really don't wanna b:cry I already spent like 2 days on this...
    Since u havent added Dex (ty god) just be patient and wait the lvl till ur str is fine ( that would be lvl 40) Till that lvl , add 5 magic every time , and then follow a build Aries suggested (Crazy stone quest will lvl u fast from lvl 30-40 and its dirt cheap).

One way to calculate ur str as arcane is [(Ur LVL + 8)/2] Warning , it doesnt work if u use Pataka weapons ( they have higher str requirement).

Good luck and welcoem to the Cleric world b:bye
    Alrighty, I think I will go with this, I appreciate everyone's help a lot XD You guys Thank you b:thanks
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Phoenix_Eye had the better idea, just don't add anything other than mag until your strength is right for the level.

but for future reference: reset scrolls are bought from the cash shop ("o" key in game) with real-life money ("gold"). there are several varieties, you can check them out under (IIRC) utility/resets. the cheapest one is three gold, or the equivalent of $3.00 USD.

there is no secondary market for reset scrolls that i know of. they're only seldom used, and pretty much everybody who really wants to use them knows about both the cash shop and the gold trading market which you can use to buy the "gold" currency with in-game coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First things first, welcome to the game =)

Secondly, I've experienced the exact same issue as you, Turtliciousx. Except I played until late 60's with my gimped cleric before I realized what I'd done. (and this was back when it took like a year to get to 60) XD I've completely restarted mine and to be honest, planning to be full mag from the start was the best decision I've made.

I do urge you to try Phoenix_Eye's suggestion first, rather than spending hard earned coin on a reset (trust me, begin to save up for a mana/hp charm, they're lifesavers). Your extra vit should help you survive after lvl30, when PVP kicks in and you become a target. If you find that his suggestion is not working for you(say your heals aren't as strong as you'd like), I do suggest trying to make a new cleric. =) Not totally abandoning this one, just as an alt character on the side, as a test to see the difference in builds and to see which one you prefer.

It's pretty easy to get back to lvl18, especially as full mag. I was blown away when I was killing mobs my level in 2-3 hits, instead of the 5-7 it took on my old cleric. The mobs hardly ever came close to hitting me, so I saved mana on not having to heal as often as I did on my old one, and on using fewer attacks to actually kill something. Because of this, grinding on mobs goes much faster, because there's less time spent meditating/healing, and more time killing them. My heals are much much stronger, one wellspring surge is enough to nearly refill my hp, whereas before on my old one, it never came anywhere close to healing as much. I'm sure when I really get into squadding again, the extra healing power will help the squad survive and be more efficient than on my old cleric.

I do, however, die very very quickly with this build, but I'm used to playing a cleric and can usually catch myself before I die, now that my heals are stronger. .__. I'm also not on a PVP server, so my squashiness isn't as much as an issue, but due to the fact that you'll be facing actual living, intelligent (most of the time |D) people, your current vit level will help immensely. That's why I think it'd be easier to stick with your current build and going with Phoenix_Eye's suggestion than restating. Especially since you're mostly new to the game, and don't have the same resources saved up from previous characters as most. ^^

.__. Sorry for the wall of text. It was supposed to just be my two cents, but...<__< I've probably drowned you in pennies by now. |D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited June 2011
    First things first, welcome to the game =)

Secondly, I've experienced the exact same issue as you, Turtliciousx. Except I played until late 60's with my gimped cleric before I realized what I'd done. (and this was back when it took like a year to get to 60) XD I've completely restarted mine and to be honest, planning to be full mag from the start was the best decision I've made.

I do urge you to try Phoenix_Eye's suggestion first, rather than spending hard earned coin on a reset (trust me, begin to save up for a mana/hp charm, they're lifesavers). Your extra vit should help you survive after lvl30, when PVP kicks in and you become a target. If you find that her suggestion is not working for you(say your heals aren't as strong as you'd like), I do suggest trying to make a new cleric. =) Not totally abandoning this one, just as an alt character on the side, as a test to see the difference in builds and to see which one you prefer.

It's pretty easy to get back to lvl18, especially as full mag. I was blown away when I was killing mobs my level in 2-3 hits, instead of the 5-7 it took on my old cleric. The mobs hardly ever came close to hitting me, so I saved mana on not having to heal as often as I did on my old one, and on using fewer attacks to actually kill something. Because of this, grinding on mobs goes much faster, because there's less time spent meditating/healing, and more time killing them. My heals are much much stronger, one wellspring surge is enough to nearly refill my hp, whereas before on my old one, it never came anywhere close to healing as much. I'm sure when I really get into squadding again, the extra healing power will help the squad survive and be more efficient than on my old cleric.

I do, however, die very very quickly with this build, but I'm used to playing a cleric and can usually catch myself before I die, now that my heals are stronger. .__. I'm also not on a PVP server, so my squashiness isn't as much as an issue, but due to the fact that you'll be facing actual living, intelligent (most of the time |D) people, your current vit level will help immensely. That's why I think it'd be easier to stick with your current build and going with Phoenix_Eye's suggestion than restating. Especially since you're mostly new to the game, and don't have the same resources saved up from previous characters as most. ^^

.__. Sorry for the wall of text. It was supposed to just be my two cents, but...<__< I've probably drowned you in pennies by now. |D

b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited June 2011
    That. Was. Amazing ^_^ Really man this guide has been like a manual for the game.

Erm... I really don't wanna b:cry I already spent like 2 days on this...

Thank you for the compliment but two whole days? b:thanksb:chuckle What's two days compared to the cost of a reset stone? Unless, of course, you don't mind spending cash.
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for the compliment but two whole days? b:thanksb:chuckle What's two days compared to the cost of a reset stone? Unless, of course, you don't mind spending cash.

But there is not a need to use a reset stone , duh b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ;w; I'm sorry Phoenix_Eye DX This is why I shouldn't post on the forums late at night while on cold medicine. I fixed it. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited June 2011
    ;w; I'm sorry Phoenix_Eye DX This is why I shouldn't post on the forums late at night while on cold medicine. I fixed it. XD

ty b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]