Need Advice with alter for farming

Options
Schampooo - Raging Tide
Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
so here is the thing. i'm 5.0 aps archer... but.. i cant do a lot of things .. like nirvana.. they never want anything else but a sin or a bm....

so i was lvling a sin (lvl 92) atm... and with account stash, he still needs like 530m to get to 5 aps, .... and i dont really think is usefull to be 5 aps sin with deicides....

So now i'm thinking on making a bm and acc stash the 99 wrist & boots light and the 99 phy. ornaments.... and will just need the nirvy pants to get to 5 aps....

sooooo... i'm confused and dont know what to do xD b:cry

any advice there for me? b:sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Schampooo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Refine your claws over +5. Get blood vow.

No really an archer and a BM deal similar damage at +5 (the common endgame refine) however the bm's HF is a bit more usefull than the archers...metal debuff. So ya, get a real debuff, do more damage than the bm.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • LilithPaige - Dreamweaver
    LilithPaige - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the fastest way way to get a farm-worthy toon on your account is to lvl your Sin to 100. The Armour / ornaments are LA and HA orna I assume, like most Archers and sins both use. so then all you need to focus on is getting a decent set of daggers for your Sin. you can farm TT and work on TT99 daggers then once you get into Niv on the sin save Raptures.

LA with HA ornaments really wouldn't work as well on a BM, Most people want BMs in there because they make such good tanks. A LA BM couldn't cut it the same and you have to roll one which no matter how fast you are will take a while to get to 100 in the first place.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the fastest way way to get a farm-worthy toon on your account is to lvl your Sin to 100. The Armour / ornaments are LA and HA orna I assume, like most Archers and sins both use. so then all you need to focus on is getting a decent set of daggers for your Sin. you can farm TT and work on TT99 daggers then once you get into Niv on the sin save Raptures.

LA with HA ornaments really wouldn't work as well on a BM, Most people want BMs in there because they make such good tanks. A LA BM couldn't cut it the same and you have to roll one which no matter how fast you are will take a while to get to 100 in the first place.

BM's are there for HF, and some extra dmg. They don't tank
    Sin's do the most dmg, and thus do the tanking
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • LilithPaige - Dreamweaver
    LilithPaige - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In my experience BM tank and Sins DD. But then I do tend to trio with a +12 TT10 BM and a +10 Niv Dagger Sin. Most times the BM tank, but the sin is getting closer to stealing and keeping agro all the time.
    I still stick by my idea that the sin would be better for OP since he already has a lvl 92 Sin and the gear he has is better aimed for additional use on the sin.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    At the same refines, sin has waaay more DPS, and thus tanks.

As for the matter of a sin alt. Get rank8 top and daggers. After nirvana, they are the best (actually they are better for DPH)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lvl 101 thread c-c-c-combo breaker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so here is the thing. i'm 5.0 aps archer... but.. i cant do a lot of things .. like nirvana.. they never want anything else but a sin or a bm....

so i was lvling a sin (lvl 92) atm... and with account stash, he still needs like 530m to get to 5 aps, .... and i dont really think is usefull to be 5 aps sin with deicides....

So now i'm thinking on making a bm and acc stash the 99 wrist & boots light and the 99 phy. ornaments.... and will just need the nirvy pants to get to 5 aps....

sooooo... i'm confused and dont know what to do xD b:cry

any advice there for me? b:sad

Its true not many wants 5.0 archers in NV unless you have like +10 NV claws. Doesn't really matter if archers dps is almost similar to a BM and you have Blood Vow, you still wont get an invite. People look at class over gear and player.

If you wanna build a good 5.0 char and plan ahead i would invest in the sin. If you just wanna rush and get something now go with the BM.

BM:

Pros: Would be faster and cheaper. Only need NV pants and powerlevel to 100. If you decide to get first cast NV claws for the BM eventually you could use them for you archer as well. BMs tend to be more asked for NV, BH100 and FCC if you look at WC to, probably since assassin is the most over played class in MMO-history.

Cons: The BM would suck. He would wear 3/4 LA armor (assuming you will get LA NV pants so archer can use as well). If you actually wanna build a good BM with high survivability, full HA and level 11 skills you will have to pay way more than the sin would cost.

Sin

Pros: I find my 5.0 sin way more useful than my 5.0 BM. The class is OP so its to be expected. If you start saving up for Daggers and R8 you will eventually have a char thats way better than a LA armor 5.0 BM lol.

Cons: You need coins for daggers, R8 and pants and unless you cash shop it will probably take a few months. You will also ditch your archer pretty fast (like everyone else) and have a new main b:chuckle.
  • Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it would use just light bracers and boots, pants would be Heavy. and chest ehavy too.. so it's not a Light bm, just 2 pieces wich will compensate from Phy def. ornaments ... and yes, sin is OP., but, i find easier to get 150m and get nirv pants vs 530 to get nirv pants, rank8, nirv daggers...
    still the bm have more hp, more def, etc..

btw i made a bm, gonna power lvl it now :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    like i told you b4 id suggest using LA wrists/boots and HA neck/belt with HA chest and legs while farming for nirvana legs. in a sense farming for this basic build Temporary Build

after getting the nirvana legs if youre comfortable with being 4.0 could always refarm HA wrists/boots and use mag def orns such as this Final 4.0 build
    would always have the LA gear and HA orns which you could use for farming instances but the regular HA for normal instances such as BH or TW/pvp
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender