Blademaster FAQ, read before posting.

13»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I was rather focusing on PvE though.

pve demon will be 5 aps with deicides while sage is farming tome, then 5 aps with g 15 while sage is 5 aps with g 13

plus the above math when we take their gear to be even

I'm not michael dark, put simply I'm not posting this based on only what others have told me, shure thats taken into account however its mainly gameplay experiance and math.

I have yet to find any advantage to going sage on a bm whatsoever in pve. If anyone can disprove my math or logic on this go ahead i'm all ears. Sage/Demon threads still open.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pve demon will be 5 aps with deicides while sage is farming tome, then 5 aps with g 15 while sage is 5 aps with g 13

plus the above math when we take their gear to be even

I'm not michael dark, put simply I'm not posting this based on only what others have told me, shure thats taken into account however its mainly gameplay experiance and math.

I have yet to find any advantage to going sage on a bm whatsoever in pve. If anyone can disprove my math or logic on this go ahead i'm all ears. Sage/Demon threads still open.

Actually I believe that BM is the same as Sin. Go demon first, and when you are totally farmed and equipped go Sage for the real endgame.

Even gear can't be compared, Sage does have the natural 0.05 interval disadvantage.

PvP, Demon is stronger no doubt. But I am pretty sure that a well played sage would be better then a demon for PvE.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Actually I believe that BM is the same as Sin. Go demon first, and when you are totally farmed and equipped go Sage for the real endgame.

Even gear can't be compared, Sage does have the natural 0.05 interval disadvantage.

PvP, Demon is stronger no doubt. But I am pretty sure that a well played sage would be better then a demon for PvE.

*points to math* Disprove it or take it down dude.

You can have all the opinions you like, i'm not here to step on those hoever this is a FAQ meant to provide unbiased information. Your opinion if given should be labeled as such beside the real information not given as a proven fact.

And before somone rides my *** about it the stickied FAQ does have a agressive highly personal voice however the information in it is all backed by solid proven math rather than my personal likes/dislikes. In fact it freely states that while these are the basic facts the reader should do whatever they feel fits their playstyle best.

Offer both HA and LA hybrid demon builds and compare sage and demon at hybrid build offering the HA as a demon bonus if you like. Again though, giveing the sage an unspared DPS build and the demon a survival build then compareing them sayign sage has better damage is like me giveign sage a +5 claw and demon a +12 then compareing.

Yes I am telling you how to manage your thread, because it was based on my own as a softer alternative and haveing totaly conflicting facts in the 2 FAQ's will needlessly confuse nubcakes.

As always i will retract any and all anti sage posts if anyone can disprove my math on it.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    *points to math* Disprove it or take it down dude.

You can have all the opinions you like, i'm not here to step on those hoever this is a FAQ meant to provide unbiased information. Your opinion if given should be labeled as such beside the real information not given as a proven fact.

And before somone rides my *** about it the stickied FAQ does have a agressive highly personal voice however the information in it is all backed by solid proven math rather than my personal likes/dislikes. In fact it freely states that while these are the basic facts the reader should do whatever they feel fits their playstyle best.

Fine, I changed it.

And don't you forget who was the one who made your post sticky xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Fine, I changed it.

And don't you forget who was the one who made your post sticky xD.

tyvm man.

ninja edited btw figured i'd add on somethign aside from "take it down nao"

will just pm ya next time
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Added small genie guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Saving it from necro b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    To be fair, your information about the Blademaster is top-notch (from a nab level 3X's point of view, at least). However, the aggressive nature of your FAQ trying to help newbies out was like the newbies' car breaking down on the road, and you as a professional automobile mechanic comes up and offers to fix it as you pull you pants down and take a huge **** on their boots. They're grateful for the help and all, but there's just something amiss about the deed...

I'm sure you're adult enough to understand that as constructive criticism instead of random QQing, and are able to recognize the compliment I gave you. I'm also glad you're discussing things like a rational adult now, it's very mature of you to realize your mistakes and change your ways like that.

And Kaste, your guide is also awesome. You need a sticky as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    To be fair, your information about the Blademaster is top-notch (from a nab level 3X's point of view, at least). However, the aggressive nature of your FAQ trying to help newbies out was like the newbies' car breaking down on the road, and you as a professional automobile mechanic comes up and offers to fix it as you pull you pants down and take a huge **** on their boots. They're grateful for the help and all, but there's just something amiss about the deed...

I'm sure you're adult enough to understand that as constructive criticism instead of random QQing, and are able to recognize the compliment I gave you. I'm also glad you're discussing things like a rational adult now, it's very mature of you to realize your mistakes and change your ways like that.

And Kaste, your guide is also awesome. You need a sticky as well.

Thank you. But there is no point in 2 stickies. I was the one to stickie Josh's and it will stay like that. Mine is just the underground non-hostile-newb-friendly version of it ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *Bumps*

http://pwcalc.com/7659ea68c0948c2d

I'm switching from Sin to BM soon and I was wondering if this setup is okay until I can afford to get better refines and shards. I'm going to get HA Nirvana pants and a recast weapon when I can. Thanks. :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    *Bumps*

I'm switching from Sin to BM soon and I was wondering if this setup is okay until I can afford to get better refines and shards. I'm going to get HA Nirvana pants and a recast weapon when I can. Thanks. :>

low phys def is low, low hp is low

That aside...

Why are you useing 230ish dex? Is haveing that 1% crit and some minor acc boost THAT usefull?
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    *Bumps*

Excuse Josh, he is just always a little grumpy. Also he might be jelly that you posted here instead of posting on his sticky, xD.

- This build should work fine for most PvE, TT and NV included.

- Instead of giving your BM your Sin's LA, keep it there and solo stuff. E.g. sell heads, solo TT. . .

- My suggestion for endgame:

http://pwcalc.com/b99b2c199db31c22
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Todays_T_Rex - Heavens Tear
    Todays_T_Rex - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Am i one of the few ppl who found this usefull i got a lot out of it thank you for posting this it helped me a lot
    b:victory
  • MrKnuckuls - Sanctuary
    MrKnuckuls - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think a 1 socket striking dragon is even more rare than a double int + attack lvl g15 claw. :P
  • Braveybrave - Heavens Tear
    Braveybrave - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    so how do you increase the amount of mana you have b/c the axe attacks take alot of mana so what do i do for the mana b/c i am rebuilding my characters attributes
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    so how do you increase the amount of mana you have b/c the axe attacks take alot of mana so what do i do for the mana b/c i am rebuilding my characters attributes

You don't.

Get a MP charm (even a cheap one). It will last for a while and that is one less button you have to click while AOEing. Otherwise stick to mana pots in your succession of skills.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited December 2011

If you are having trouble with mp, go pure aoe build with 7 magic and 3 str. Your mp will rival that of a wizard.

Otherwise follow what Maelael said.
  • deadpool4155
    deadpool4155 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Excuse me, I just made a blademaster, and I am really enjoying it. I am getting close to 29, and I was thinking of doing an Axe & Hammer with the Polearm as a secondary path. Does that seem wise to you?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Excuse me, I just made a blademaster, and I am really enjoying it. I am getting close to 29, and I was thinking of doing an Axe & Hammer with the Polearm as a secondary path. Does that seem wise to you?

Nope, pole is terrible pre-99/100. Pole is really only for hitting stuff far off, debuffing with Glacial Strike while Heaven's Flame is in cooldown, and utilizing the TT Debuff pole.

You can stay vit axe till about 85, but you really want to restat at 85 to fist/axe. At 85 with Gorenox Vanity the damage increase on fists is really noticeable.

Fist/Axe is the best combo. Fist for single target, Axe for AoE/Multiple target.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    And then restat back to str/axe or vit/axe again at super game.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    And then restat back to str/axe or vit/axe again at super game.

Translating Hurrdurr: You go back to Vit Axe or Str Axe (ie, no more super claws) for endgame PvP and have a Sin alt for farming instances.
  • killthelights
    killthelights Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I deny that statement with all my heart.
    A. Axes at endgame vs other endgame..bm will lose. Or well it will be a long boring stand off in which if the other class is ranged, your chasing them like dog. the damage from full r9, while as nice as it is at times..only acts a bug repellent (low levels). on my old bm (whos p.def unmarrowed non demon bell proc was 11k, and 8k hp), a full r9 bm had a hell of a time trying to kill me, the highest hit after 20 minutes was a 5k zerk crit...i was under dg. oh, and the bm was full +10 full r9, +12 axe str build. Anywho, With the implement of r8 recast, fists imo have become viable again for endgame..not that anyones gonna do it because herp derp something something sin...(.05 on top, .05 on boots and t99 arm/belt with nirv second cast fist .05 on em=4.0 base..). Oh and a purge axe would be cool. That would account to relying on a series of hits rather than praying to pangu for a zerk crit chain.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I deny that statement with all my heart.
    A. Axes at endgame vs other endgame..bm will lose. Or well it will be a long boring stand off in which if the other class is ranged, your chasing them like dog. the damage from full r9, while as nice as it is at times..only acts a bug repellent (low levels). on my old bm (whos p.def unmarrowed non demon bell proc was 11k, and 8k hp), a full r9 bm had a hell of a time trying to kill me, the highest hit after 20 minutes was a 5k zerk crit...i was under dg. oh, and the bm was full +10 full r9, +12 axe str build. Anywho, With the implement of r8 recast, fists imo have become viable again for endgame..not that anyones gonna do it because herp derp something something sin...(.05 on top, .05 on boots and t99 arm/belt with nirv second cast fist .05 on em=4.0 base..). Oh and a purge axe would be cool. That would account to relying on a series of hits rather than praying to pangu for a zerk crit chain.

I agree. Axes become your killing weapon on huge defense/hp opponents with a charm, but fists can do the job on most mages quicker and can just be used for chi management. Stun locking while you build chi to setup a charm bypass is done with axes and fists back and forth, otherwise you'll run out of chi for offensive and defensive moves. Not to mention pole is still useful for ranged opponents.

Also, endgame pk, even with 2 x 50% accuracy rings, I hear people say 100 dex green as a bare minimum. You need that dex as a base for the +50% to multiply. So you may as well increase it to 200, get the crit, get the accuracy, get the fists and pole.

Hurr is right that axes are your main for pvp, probably, but I don't think that means getting rid of your other weapons.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Not to mention pole is still useful for ranged opponents.

Also, endgame pk, even with 2 x 50% accuracy rings, I hear people say 100 dex green as a bare minimum. You need that dex as a base for the +50% to multiply. So you may as well increase it to 200, get the crit, get the accuracy, get the fists and pole.

In terms of pole, I was one shotting Sins and Mag users with demon farstrike in TW. I was told that was kinda sad as that should not happen.

I've also heard the 60/100/160/203 goals for dex, and personally I don't plan to make a sin alt so I haven't put much interest in it. Has anyone come up with any numbers of accuracy that is a good goal for fighting dex users - diminishing returns and all?

(Also, mostly I was just translating Hurrdurr cause he does these half *** contributions that don't read well. I don't have enough experience with endgame PvP to say anything about Vit/Axe or Str/Axe)
  • sander121
    sander121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is it still possible to glich the atack speed and the skill that adds fire dmg with fists or they fixed it, and also did they fixed that lvl 59 demon spear skill that u could glitch and get 100% crit for free?
    Havent played the game for a while ^^
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sander121 wrote: »
    Is it still possible to glich the atack speed and the skill that adds fire dmg with fists or they fixed it, and also did they fixed that lvl 59 demon spear skill that u could glitch and get 100% crit for free?
    Havent played the game for a while ^^

Those are broken now and no longer add the buff till after the skill has cast. They removed channel canceling about a year and a half ago for only BMs and Sins, so our skills now glitch and don't add the buff while clerics, seekers, barbs,... all get the skill as designed to proc then cast.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Those are broken now and no longer add the buff till after the skill has cast. They removed channel canceling about a year and a half ago for only BMs and Sins, so our skills now glitch and don't add the buff while clerics, seekers, barbs,... all get the skill as designed to proc then cast.

Actually that's not quite true. Seekers used to be able to CC their skills Quid Pro Quo and void step (infinite teleporting with no spark or cool down) as well but now that's ended too.