Is There a Public Record of The PW Gold Market?

brazenbusboy
brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I was just wondering if there was a published record of the PW gold market that relates every buy and sell offer?

Is what appears in each individual's client, the only (somewhat temporary) record?
Just some guy
Post edited by brazenbusboy on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nope, each server varies, and there is no public record.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I was just wondering if there was a published record of the PW gold market that relates every buy and sell offer?

Is what appears in each individual's client, the only (somewhat temporary) record?

While the only public (as in, what regular players see) record is via the in-game market, I am sure that PWE's servers do keep a record of the market goings-on. However, we won't see those because of the legal ramifications (because of possible personal information included).
  • Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It would be child's play to mask any personal info in that data.
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    While the only public (as in, what regular players see) record is via the in-game market, I am sure that PWE's servers do keep a record of the market goings-on. However, we won't see those because of the legal ramifications (because of possible personal information included).

There are WAYS to display information without putting in personal information take for examples like:

This Hardware Survey, which only displays the total amount of what hardware people are running

You could also list gold prices by year and month. But people usually don't screenshot those sorts of things.

And has yet another example of how things have been displayed anonymously

Just like the ranking pages they display peoples name and level without displaying their % or their K/D ratio. You DAMN WELL know that there are ways of displaying information that are non-subjective and overly objective and written a POST about this in the suggestions forum.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • _Sasha_D - Heavens Tear
    _Sasha_D - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011

have you heard of wall street?
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's gone up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011

without explicitly mentioning the name of any competing MMO in here, go googling "grand exchange". THAT kind of web front-end to the auction house would be REALLY handy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ecclesianne
    ecclesianne Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011

excuses :|