question about playing an assassin

Options
Treyus - Harshlands
Treyus - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Assassin
how? I know im going to get alot of flame for this but here is my question in dept.

Firstly how do you play an assassin, I am building my assassin to be an interval sin, so does this mean i only auto attack, with the exception of using abilitys to build chi?

Endless Double Sparker
This combo set is design for levels 65~70 and up to help maintain double spark status in a prolonged battle.

Chi 1 (200 Chi): Tackling Slash > Rising Dragon Strike > Spark Burst+
Chi 2 (205~250 Chi): Tackling Slash > Inner Harmony > Spark Burst+
Chi 3 (150 Chi): Shadow Escape > Tackling Slash > Spark Burst+
Chi 4 (50 Chi): Tackling Slash > Spark Burst+
Chi Pre-emptive (30 Chi): Knife Throw > Wolf Emblem

In a prolonged fight you use it in this order:

Chi 1 > Chi 2 > Chi 1 > Chi 3 > Chi 4 > Start Over

I took this from one of the guide on the forums here, is this the rotation I use, and are these the abilitys i ONLY use in pve?

and is pvp the same? if im an interval sin that is?

If anyone has any tips for me on playing a sin it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Post edited by Treyus - Harshlands on

Comments

• SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im not sure what's the question but pretty much any chi-gaining skill that isn't on cooldown its worth do unless you've got enough interval to get more chi in the meantime with normal attacks.

Only exception is,that some people(Like me),don't use Shadow Escape for the free spark for the simple purpose to have it ready in case you need an emergency stealth.But if you're enough confident that's isn't an issue.

So basically,until you have like 2,50/2.87 aps,spam spam spam skills b:shocked
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well this is semi-related ima post it

does someone know a rotation to perma-spark demon spark at 2.5 sparked,2.86 sparked, and 3.33 sparked?

This would help a lot
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Again, just use any chi skills not in cooldown. It's not that hard, man. True perma sparking isn't possibleuntil 4aps sparked. Demon spark simply doesn't last long enough and cooldowns are too short to always be sparked. Plus, if you're using skills even when sparked, you're sacrificing the high damage and hits of auto-attacking while sparked and thus killing the purpose anyway.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    how? I know im going to get alot of flame for this but here is my question in dept.

Firstly how do you play an assassin, I am building my assassin to be an interval sin, so does this mean i only auto attack, with the exception of using abilitys to build chi?

Endless Double Sparker
    This combo set is design for levels 65~70 and up to help maintain double spark status in a prolonged battle.

Chi 1 (200 Chi): Tackling Slash > Rising Dragon Strike > Spark Burst+
    Chi 2 (205~250 Chi): Tackling Slash > Inner Harmony > Spark Burst+
    Chi 3 (150 Chi): Shadow Escape > Tackling Slash > Spark Burst+
    Chi 4 (50 Chi): Tackling Slash > Spark Burst+
    Chi Pre-emptive (30 Chi): Knife Throw > Wolf Emblem

In a prolonged fight you use it in this order:

Chi 1 > Chi 2 > Chi 1 > Chi 3 > Chi 4 > Start Over

I took this from one of the guide on the forums here, is this the rotation I use, and are these the abilitys i ONLY use in pve?

and is pvp the same? if im an interval sin that is?

If anyone has any tips for me on playing a sin it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PvE=/=PvP ... Interval sin (5 APS one) is a god of farming, u can solo a lot of stuff, so earn a lot of money. Btw, in PvP u will use your skills ! i mean for example, stun skills ofc. Now , unless u one shot arcane armors with Stealth-SPark+-Headhunt lvl 10+ , u will use ur skills !
    Maze steps : A must have
    Throatcut : pls bring it lvl 10 , it will save your *** against maze stepped sins ;)
    tele stun : it's a stun, i won't say anything more xD
    Rib strike : Demon rib strike rocks against APS BMs
    CoTD : personally i don't use it, but it will help u one shotting people
    Deep stin : nice to sleep ppl with channeling skills. If they start to channel a skill and u force stealth, u will die. Sleep him and force stealth ^^
    Tackling slash : use it with throatcut
    Focused Mind/Tidal protection = c'mon go and bring them lvl 10 ;)
    Deaden nerves : You won't be 1-hitted

......got it ?b:thanks
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    Haaku - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yup all the info given in this thread is VERY helpful, tons of info and overall very useful, thanks everyone!
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Put the following on infinite loop:

1. Face on keyboard
    2. Roll face around keyboard.
    3. Repeat until mob(s) are dead.
    4. Pick up loot.
    5. Find next target(s)
    Just some guy
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    put The Following On Infinite Loop:

1. Face On Keyboard
    2. Roll Face Around Keyboard.
    3. Repeat Until Mob(s) Are Dead.
    4. Pick Up Loot.
    5. Find Next Target(s)

Qft :p
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Again, just use any chi skills not in cooldown. It's not that hard, man. True perma sparking isn't possibleuntil 4aps sparked. Demon spark simply doesn't last long enough and cooldowns are too short to always be sparked. Plus, if you're using skills even when sparked, you're sacrificing the high damage and hits of auto-attacking while sparked and thus killing the purpose anyway.

Actually, that's not true. At 2.86 aps, you can do it. Simply because you gain enough chi to only need IH rarely. Heck, a 2.86 Sage sin would be 1 chi short of a complete permaspark.

Heck, I'm at 2.22 aps and Sage and I can put out 3-5 sparks in a row depending on my timing and whether or not I use Wind Shield. And I don't even have Sage Inner Harmony yet.

And in some cases, you do not even need to be permasparked. For example, doing a Mire + EP + Power Dash + Amp + HF spark would be one time where you'd sacrifice your permaspark to deal more damage. Sadly, there are people who do nothing except spark and attack.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Haaku - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ok i totally forgot about this, what about my genie? cus to my understanding, sins depend highly on them, so anyone mind telling me what skills to get my genie / what atributes it should have and what type of genie. thanks.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Actually, that's not true. At 2.86 aps, you can do it. Simply because you gain enough chi to only need IH rarely. Heck, a 2.86 Sage sin would be 1 chi short of a complete permaspark.

Heck, I'm at 2.22 aps and Sage and I can put out 3-5 sparks in a row depending on my timing and whether or not I use Wind Shield. And I don't even have Sage Inner Harmony yet.

And in some cases, you do not even need to be permasparked. For example, doing a Mire + EP + Power Dash + Amp + HF spark would be one time where you'd sacrifice your permaspark to deal more damage. Sadly, there are people who do nothing except spark and attack.
    I can chain my sparks like that was well, It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but the 5 second CD reduction on Demon Rising Dragon Strike is absolutely miraculous. Between that, level 6 Inner Harmony, Tackling Slash, and my 2.86 sparked aps, I can keep sparking almost indefinitely as well. But chain-sparking is not what sinful asked about. He asked about perma-sparking, which to my knowledge is always being sparked. In order to do that, you'd have to use your chi skills BEFORE your spark ends, which is a waste imo. I've done it plenty of times and unless you're aoeing FCC pulls or dueling/PKing, sparked skills just aren't as powerful as as the 4+ auto attacks you can pull off in the time it takes to use the skill.

Maybe I was just being to technical on terminology and ignoring the basic point :P
    For example, doing a Mire + EP + Power Dash + Amp + HF spark would be one time where you'd sacrifice your permaspark to deal more damage. Sadly, there are people who do nothing except spark and attack. there are people who do nothing except spark and attack.
    Very sad indeed. I cannot tell you how many sins I see who know nothing but stealth, Bloodpaint, and sparking/apsing things to death. Rib Strike, stuns on bishops (I can handle bishops as well as any BM), Subsea, etc. are all so very ignored. Sins aren't just DDs; we're have a myriad of support abilities as well. I wonder if I'm the only demon sin who realizes this and plays the "support, skill spammer" role sages were so stereotypically thought to be only good for when we first got our level 11 skills.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For my genie I use the following: Earth Flame(Luring), Second Wind(To save your butt), Holy Path(To keep up with the tank and everyone else), Tree of Protection(Again to save your butt). Good luck.
  • Kittyzxd - Lost City
    Kittyzxd - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well, i guess this is kinda related. how the heck do you raise ur chars aps? (apart from the obvious equips) all i can see is people with equips with -0.05 interval on each one. this is nowhere near enough to raise ur interval up to 4 - 5aps. please help
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well, i guess this is kinda related. how the heck do you raise ur chars aps? (apart from the obvious equips) all i can see is people with equips with -0.05 interval on each one. this is nowhere near enough to raise ur interval up to 4 - 5aps. please help
    At end game, there are enough -int gears to achieve this.
    Btw...searching is your friend. This was answered in the thread at the bottom of the first page and has been answered countless times before...
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1120331
    ~Spazz~