Harshlands Hacker

Options
Cimon - Harshlands
Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
There Is About 15 People Been **** In Our Faction And Our Faction Only Please Gms Figure This Out As Faswt As You Can We Need Help
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
Post edited by Cimon - Harshlands on

Comments

• keripo
    keripo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There Is About 15 People Been **** In Our Faction And Our Faction Only Please Gms Figure This Out As Faswt As You Can We Need Help

People don't get ****. They do stupid stuff like run malicious third-party programs that steal their passwords or they give their passwords to untrustworthy "friends". If they're complaining about being "****", 99.9% of the time, its because of their own stupidity and social engineering, not "hacking". If the PWI servers ever do truely get ****, it'd be credit card infos missing, not account items/etc. And definitely not just a small handful of people but rather half the server or more.

Seeing as you pointed out that its "only your faction", it sounds like a bad case of internal password/account sharing with untrustworthy people.

~Keripo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If your faction has a website, some people will use the same login name/password to the forum as their login to the game, which would allow anyone w/ moderator privileges access their accounts.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    not true dude
    ive never gave my info out and i dont use third party utilities
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i also use diff pass everywhere
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the problem has gotten worse and still no gms to help my friend has been logged a number of times and hes in vent with me and hes resigned and tried to leave faction and all sorts of things please help us
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Send in a ticket and stop posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    look the tickets have been sent but its curently happening we need help now
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you guys have a faction website, chances are someone who put a keylogger onto it.. I suggest having whoever runs the site to remove all the links, all of you run virus scans or your computers, and submit tickets so your password can be changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    done and done ty
  • Nacke - Sanctuary
    Nacke - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Send in a ticket and stop posting.

Ty.

/5char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    With as many account sharers as you have, I am TOTALLY not surprised. MrLlama, for example, and shared his account, and got all surprised when someone stole Garnet Gems from his bank. And...then he raged kicked everybody from his faction in a giant temper tantrum.
    It doesn't take rocket science to figure out why you're being ****; you have a case of morons.
  • RKH - Harshlands
    RKH - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    With as many account sharers as you have, I am TOTALLY not surprised. MrLlama, for example, and shared his account, and got all surprised when someone stole Garnet Gems from his bank. And...then he raged kicked everybody from his faction in a giant temper tantrum.
    It doesn't take rocket science to figure out why you're being ****; you have a case of morons.

None of us did any account sharing for one. For two, whoever did it, they were smart enough to grab new passwords. I've already looked into the situation and keyloggers and someone knowing the info has been ruled out. This was a server side attack for sure. There's only two possibilities, either someone got ahold of a GM's info and used that. Or they caught a security hole in the server and used a packet sniffer to obtain information. This is not a joke, it's not funny in any way, 15+ people went down last night, 90% of them NEVER gave out their information and changed their password regularly.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    None of us did any account sharing for one. For two, whoever did it, they were smart enough to grab new passwords. I've already looked into the situation and keyloggers and someone knowing the info has been ruled out. This was a server side attack for sure. There's only two possibilities, either someone got ahold of a GM's info and used that. Or they caught a security hole in the server and used a packet sniffer to obtain information. This is not a joke, it's not funny in any way, 15+ people went down last night, 90% of them NEVER gave out their information and changed their password regularly.

You "looked into it," by what? Asking them if they had shared their account info? You do realize that people will lie about that kind of thing when they caught so as not to look stupid or get banned. The police deal with it all the time, which is why they don't just take even the victims word for things. I seriously doubt it was server side because there is no reason for someone to have access to the usernames and passwords of an entire server and only go after 15 peoples stuff all of whom are in the same faction.

Whether you realize it or not, someone got a keylogger in there. I don't know who, I don't know how. But they did it. The "hacker" also bothered to change the passwords, indicating something more personal than a server side attack. A person who did a server side attack wouldn't bother changing the passwords, because they don't care about preventing you from playing they want your stuff. If they were doing it just to be cruel, to teach your faction a lesson they would probably attack your ENTIRE faction not just 15 people and delete all of your characters or sell off the guild.Since they didn't do that, they probably have motive not to do so. Which means it is probably someone in the faction you made mad, and they got a keylogger in there somehow. Be it through the faction website, through the chat by sending you guys to a link your virus scanner didn't detect as bad, to a number of different ways.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I've already told you how to fix it. This isn't even an issue for the forums, it's an issue for a ticket. The player base can't help you guys. I hope it gets resolved, and I hope you guys are able to get your items back be it through the gms or working together as a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bet you either dumb people account sharing or idiots using the same passwords on faction websites+game.

Or for a sleeper, Lulzsec.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you sent a ticket, wait for a reply. If not, as suggested, send one here: http://support.perfectworld.com/

This topic has become a flame one, so I'll be closing it.
This discussion has been closed.