Barb skills

XWolfix - Heavens Tear
XWolfix - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Barbarian
Dear Admins,

I'm a SAGE barb lvl 101 on Heavens Tear Server.

My problem with my Barb and from any other barbs is that:

We can't hold constant the aggro on other player with equally strong weapon ( main from BMs and Sins).
I would therefore ask if we could get an update of our skills so we can keep in ancient times as our aggro better than barbs.

because it is currently not possible to keep constant the aggro for us as barbs.

My Equip is not bad but i can't hold the aggro with that.

here my equip

Domination Power +10
Lionhearts Plate +8
Lionhearts Greaves +8
Lionhearts Vambraces +8
Lionhearts Cuisses +8
Warsoul of Earth +10
Sky demons Pearl +5
cape of elite leather +5
Lionheart Belt +5
sign of frost chaos +4
generals badge
eat, drink and be marry (Tome)

My point Stats in green

str 364
vit 212
dex 63
mag 3

my Phys attack in TIGER FORM (buffed)
8404-12178

HUMAN FORM
9352-13553

Skills
all aggro skills of sage for example

Flesh Ream
alacrity of the beast
devour
roar
sunder

With best regards
Wolfi

a long and otherwise satisfied player
Post edited by XWolfix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    True: barbs aren't longer "tanks", they are fistbarbs with aps or just buff-biatches, nothing more. Aps ruined their class, cuz with the best equip you can get (Nirvana etc) its nearly impossible to hold aggro all the time against a 4 or 5 aps (or lower) DD.

In old times, it was a fight to hold aggro against wizzies, but with the knowing of your skills you could! Now, you can be the best barb, knowing all your skills etc (whats a rare thing in a world full of FF-noobs...)- it's impossible to be a striped tank anymore...

That's sad, pls give our kitties their origin duty back :(

Btw: I heard that other servers got a reswap or update for barb-aggro skills- are we going to get same? I hope so!

Greetings, A Babybarb, who wish to can hold aggro against sins on time....
  • Marok - Heavens Tear
    Marok - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well i agree with wolfi,

its nearly impossible to get aggro with spamming Flesh Ream+Devour + Roar and again..
    to get into Squads for just lower the boss' pdef isnt really satisfying for a class called "the tank class in PW" (class description on official PW site)

so maybe it is usefull to make a higher bleeding dot with fleash ream (even a lvl 10 puncture wound from a sin makes more bleed dmg then a lvl 10 flesh ream ....) and to make barbs more "attraktiv for bosses" b:chuckle
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Obviously to solve the barb aggro problem we need something like this:

WTB flesh ream level 12

procs for it include - deals base damage + 100,000 physical attack increase for 5 seconds.
    Adds 60kbleed damage over 10 seconds.
    Makes user immune to damage for 3 seconds.

Ty pwi.

b:shocked
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Go 5 aps , no1 will steal aggro from u ?
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • __CaRlOs__G - Heavens Tear
    __CaRlOs__G - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Guys Its right the thing about barbs, we are almost like useless now and for be honest I dont like to that!!!! come on fix us! I been barb for 3 years now since PWI came out!! I really want as a veteran player, something addtional for barbs!!!! b:angry

Note: I been 3 years a barb my lvl is low because I got banned on firts barb I maked x_x
  • XWolfix - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Go 5 aps , no1 will steal aggro from u ?

No, I'm a Tank not a Fist Barb with extreme refine equip and i will in the TW pull my catapult and i love my high HP O.o

and her the

Cons:

- Lower HP
    - interval gears are expensive
    - Needs higher refines
    - Most likely wont be able to pull a catapult in TW
    - PvP MAY be harder depending on the situation
    - Lower armageddon damage
  • christfire
    christfire Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I agree with you wolfi barbs are becoming less important nowadays when i left for a long deserved break barbs was useful come back and barbs are basically useless unless they restat and go claw. our agro skills need to be updated. my 70 barb cant hold agro from my 74 1.67aps unless i constantly use agro skills which means it takes along time to get enough sparks to invoke to take less damage. use to before i left i could invoke do couple agro skills and invoke again while letting chi build. I had to take off my -int gear just so i wouldnt steal agro from my barb. which means he still takes more damage.
  • Loricus - Harshlands
    Loricus - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I love been a Barb, but lets face it guys, we have been asking for our skills to be updated but it is not up to GMs, its up to dvlprs, they will just keep launching new classes with such powerfull skills that will make the old classes dissapear slowly.

So yea, lets face it, the game now its all about Aps and ownage; thats why, when i go on PK hunting i only/mostly aim for Assasins been the 1st reason of our extinction, and even if i die, i will just go back and die again until i tick/kill/crash the hell out of every Assasin i see, unless of course, they use their pro skills like Force Stealth zzzzz
  • Hadou_Master - Heavens Tear
    Hadou_Master - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Its true... they should improve our aggro skills nobody needs barbs after lvl 90 or 80... just for buffs
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    to be honest...

never use roar after you use ream it resets aggro level again.. so roar, ream and devour, ream.. but you are just using chi.
    and a decent sin/bm usually can keep aggro and tank it, no one needs an actual "tank anymore" they dont do the damage that a 5.0 sin can tank.
    i suggest either going 5.0 claw on your barb, make a 5.0 bm/ sin or.. just qq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I do recall hearing somewhere, some time ago, that china was getting a patch in the near future that buffed barbs aggro. -crosses fingers-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    somewhere, some time ago.... in the near future.....

Statements that esentially make oxymorons of themselvs amuse Fuzzy. b:pleased

But on a more serious note, Fuzzy does remember reading of said patch, but this barb simply isn't holding out much hope. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    to be honest...

never use roar after you use ream it resets aggro level again.. so roar, ream and devour, ream.. but you are just using chi.
    its nearly impossible to get aggro with spamming Flesh Ream+Devour + Roar and again..

Devour would increase the damage of the people you are trying to keep aggro from more than it would do you any good for keeping aggro, as well as consume chi.

I agree with Wolfi that we need better aggro skills, or a modification to how the bosses recieve dmg. Maybe instead of increasing our aggro they should lower aggro from dmg/crits. Or increase boss defense levels so that bosses take longer than 10 seconds... Topic derail on how to fix the aps problem.

I went demon because it has better aggro skills, and no dmg reduction in tiger form where we are supposed to tank (whats the point of going tiger to tank and losing more aggro ability?). I also have debated back and forth on whether my 5.0 barb should have as much vit as I can get and still stay 5.0, or as much strength as I can get and have slightly lower hp. Now that I can do Full Delta's uncharmed with 15.5k hp and tanking WBs is not a problem I've decided full strength it is with 3 vit. Once you see 8k sins tank WBs you realize 30k hp is kind of a waste. My suggestion to all the 250 vitality "tank" barbs that haven't had aggro of anything since level 63 is strength and aps until PWI is willing to fix the game back to its original mechanics. No point to playing in a way you know wont work just because its "supposed" to work.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • imstone
    imstone Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have seen this problem in other games as well and there was always a simple fix, I once even saw them add a agro prod, did like 1 point of dmg and added lots of hate and u just dropped it on the hot bar and spam use it and it worked, pretty no! worked fine!! Yes!!!

Hey how about instead of just a bleed u add an agro style bleed to ream or give us an aura like "Really want to punch that guy in the face" or what ever u want to call it's fine.

Sadly I am with Fuzzy not holding my breath and if they do make something it will prob come in item form from packs.....
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    welp my barb has no problem holding aggro..i can hold aggro just fine no matter the dd, now thats a different story if the dd wants to play superman and demon spark...if they do that they deserve to get aggro and cry about it :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Re rolling too fists isnt the answer to the problem. It serves nobody. We need our aggro skills hate value increasing a 1000 fold. Absolutly no reason a lvl 82 sin should be pulling aggro off a 95 sage flesh ream +6 callosed lion hearts equiped barb, that knows his class, an tries to do his job. Its in everybodies interest that the barbarian class is once again capable of holding aggro from high aps DD's. Be even better if a much lower level barb could hold aggro from a demon sparked +12 fist BM or Sin at much lower level.

Everybody can go crazy from the start of the fight an spark as much as they like. FIX our flesh ream please.

From a paying customer.b:bye
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I totally agree with OP, barb aggro skills do need to be revamped. People say "just go claw", that is NOT the answer. Why have sage or demon skills or any skills at all if while having claws equipped you cant use them? ohh I know spark and spank right? Ive said it b4,any well trained circus monkey can spark and spank bosses to death, some of us who happen to have a higher IQ than that of your average circus monkey like to use the skills we have learned and believe it or not some us barbs even know what they do. Having aggro is in the job description of a barb on the character creation page, but yet we barbs dont seem to have any. We havent played the barb class for 90+ lvls just so we can be buff bots. Its a simple solution increase the "hate value" of our main aggro skills, otherwise barbs will continue to disappear from our servers.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm a claw barb and still spend most of my time in tiger using my axe. Just because you're able to wear claws doesn't automatically make you unable to use anything else... The moment it becomes viable to keep aggro on bosses without claws/fists AND they are actually difficult enough to warrant tiger form I'll be happy to switch to axe build again. Until then I'll keep my claws for bosses and axe for mobs.

Considering the rather slow and halfhearted bug fixes by PWE, switching to claws is most likely going to be worth the investment b:surrender
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    honestly, the equalness of the game has changed, more fast passed, everything is bigger and better at a higher price. with that, comes to bigger, better, faster farming. why have a 100+ sage barb who can keep aggro off a 5.0 +10 sin, when the sin can still tank?
    the barb damage is low.. not needed anymore. you can just replace the pure axe barb with a +10 5.0 hfing bm and kill the boss 2x as fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • War_Dawg - Sanctuary
    War_Dawg - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I totally agree I have a 101 lvl sage barb as well and I have spent a fair amount of real money and millions in coin and at least a year cultivating this char to have him be basically worthless and don't really play him any more because of it. In the 2 years i have been playing this game you PW have totally ignored this class WTF is up with that?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    People don't need Barbs, and I don't need ppl. b:cool

In-game, I'm pretty much a loner, even though I am 5.0 aps, I rarely do anything involving a squad. I just solo all my stuff. Only time I do squad is when I'm asked to run Nirvana from my friends or faction members, which in most cases, I tend to decline. I only run Nirvana for my 99 keys anyways.

Most of my time in game is either soloing TT, or FF.

Being a lone wolf is kinda......fun.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Barb is a class that only needs to be used 3 days a week at max. even when i use my barb for something like rb im rarely doing anything since all my rbs are done at the spawn point so all i do is buff the squad and toss armas.
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • apachie
    apachie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im a lvl 87 barb i agree with wolf i did a barb cause i wanted to do a tank now hes not much good now in the higher lvls, come on people who make this game help get the barb back to a tank
  • Shaddixkar - Heavens Tear
    Shaddixkar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Admittedly, I don't much care if a 5.0 bm or sin wants to tank, and knows for a fact that they can - let them, saves on my repairs. The problem comes in when a little level 80 sin with highly refined daggers and a bunch of -int gear can rip aggro from a 100 barb spamming demon flesh ream like there's no tomorrow. I've had this happen to me before, where the only way I could keep pole off the squishy thing was to demon spark and continue to spam ream.

That just ain't right; something 20 levels lower than you should NOT be able to so easily steal aggro. (And no, my gear is not complete ****. I'd like to think that +4 tt99 gold axes would be able to do the job.)

In short, I completely agree with Wolfi on this issue in that something needs to be done about the aggro skills.
  • PsYcHoSoclaL - Heavens Tear
    PsYcHoSoclaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I 100% agree with wolf, barbs for sure need a revamp. Just because sins "can" tank doesn't mean they should be the one to tank. I have a 64 sin in the making atm, and idk about other sins but I sure don't like aggro and love avoiding armor repair fees. Even when and if I get it to lvl 100+ I don't want to be a tank on it XD.

I made my barb around a month after the game was out because I wanted to be a tank. This was before 5 aps became a craze and sins existed. I still love my barb and I love tanking and yes I'm sage. I like having high hp, and for tw the best str and hp sounds better then high attack for a barb if you ask me.

I seriously couldn't care less about -int and my attack, I mean I have always believed in "The dps should avoid aggro, the tank should not attempt to dps" most games I know follow this and I will forever follow it.
  • Battleshred - Heavens Tear
    Battleshred - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Absolutely right, barb aggro NEEDS to be changed. It's ridiculous when we're just here for buffs, and maybe once in a blue moon somebody might be nice enough to let us in a squad. The fact that we can no longer hold aggro is wrong.

The game doesn't even present challenges, bosses do not deal enough damage to make it difficult. Barbarians were built to be really, only the true class that can stand up to the damage without dying. The only true challenge now days is seeing how fast you can kill the boss. I miss the days when you were happy you actually KILLED it.

PWI needs to first increase aggro threat levels on flesh ream so that we can get aggro. Then, I would definitely like to see the attack on the bosses increased so that people actually NEED us in squad, and barbs are really the only ones to be able to withstand the hits without charm ****.

I know a lot of barbs that quit and left the game because there was really no point in them staying. They got frustrated and went to a game where they could actually tank and play the tanking class how it is supposed to be played. It is essential that you fix barb aggro and make the barbarian regain its class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    okay.. with all the barbs wanted the aggro change and lets say pwi does it.
    TRUE AXE BARBS CAN NOW TANK AGAIN. do you guys honestly believe you will get farming squads in nirvana and farming TT squads, when the aps have ALREADY adapted to tanking?
    this thread is just for QQs, even if there was a change, barbs will still only be wanted for RB, BH, and maybe lunar. hah.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    True. And honestly, as a cleric, my tank holding aggro with DD is so much more reliable than someone using skills. They could set themselves to a spark macro then go surf **** and be a more reliable tank than most barbs who use skills. Then I have a single tank to heal with less aggro bounce, the barb is free to DD and devour for lower boss attack levels and reduces the pdef. Since the barbs devouring I don't have to use my debuffs and am safer from random aggro. And no one has to watch their DD output. Faster bosses, single tank, safer than if a barb was tanking using skills.

If there is no DD that feels they can tank, thats when a barb can step in and better aggro skills would help.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XWolfix - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    okay.. with all the barbs wanted the aggro change and lets say pwi does it.
    TRUE AXE BARBS CAN NOW TANK AGAIN. do you guys honestly believe you will get farming squads in nirvana and farming TT squads, when the aps have ALREADY adapted to tanking?
    this thread is just for QQs, even if there was a change, barbs will still only be wanted for RB, BH, and maybe lunar. hah.b:bye

IBaMBii you say ****. i ask many barbs if sage or demon and ALL say we cant hold the aggro from boss, so tell no lies here.

AND I WILL NOT PLAY A APS BARB, than I'm a TANK not a DD or a barb with FISTS/claws b:angry b:angry

and I have sometimes differed to between one and tell Demon Barb looked at because of the damage and the barb in demon makes just maybe 2k damage not more and that was it, that not a big difference is there between the demon and sage TrueForm, and not the reason I say this as no barb and a demon agroo think it can perhaps barb
  • Shaddixkar - Heavens Tear
    Shaddixkar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    IBaMBii was merely stating that even if the aggro change was implemented, barbs would still not be invited to many squads for instances such as nirvana. Most people are in a huge rush for some reason, and want to blow through nirvana in 5 minutes flat so they can make as much money as possible. Therefore, they'd always take a 5.0 DD over a barb, since other classes are perfectly capable of tanking the instance themselves.

The point is that even if by some miracle barbs got an aggro boost and could tank again, there would still not be a high demand for us in most caves. You can easily have another class tank while at the same time dealing more damage and therefore killing faster.

This does not mean that there is no reason for an aggro boost, however. There are cases where there's a DD in the squad that has relatively high damage per second, and yet cannot take three hits from a boss before they're dead. It's when you're with someone like this that a change to the skills would come in handy.