What skills r important what skills r not?

shiaaa333
shiaaa333 Posts: 174 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Cleric
I'm cleric lv 45 and I got loads of new skills to learn but I don't have enough spirit to learn them all. So what skills I should learn and level up?b:surrender
Post edited by shiaaa333 on

Comments

• Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ironheart blessing, buffs, revive,,.

If you squad a lot (and you should at lvl 45), those are the most wanted skills for a cleric to max..

you might also give a shot to plume shell... it's very good in tight situations...
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • shiaaa333
    edited June 2011
    what are buffs? waht do they include?
  • HeavyMyst - Raging Tide
    HeavyMyst - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hey,

The skills you're gonna want to level are pretty easy to pick out.

Attacks:

Plume Shot

Weild Thunder

Great Cyclone

Those are the attacks I mainly use.

Support:

Revive

Vanguard Spirit

Magic Shell

Celestial Guardians Seal

Spirit's Gift

Purify

Get those as high as you can after you level your...

Heals:

Ironheart Blessing <- YOUR MOST IMPORTANT SKILL

Wellspring Surge

Others:

Plume Shell

Sorry for the spaces and wall of text, wasn't sure how to write this.
    Hope it helped!
  • shiaaa333
    edited June 2011
    whats the difference between wellspring surge and bless of pureheart? I've been lv up the bless of pureheart and using it instead of wellspring surge... Is that a good choice?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    shiaaa333 wrote: »
    whats the difference between wellspring surge and bless of pureheart? I've been lv up the bless of pureheart and using it instead of wellspring surge... Is that a good choice?

wellspring surge casts much faster and uses less mana.

it also heals a lot less than blessing of the purehearted, but who cares? they both heal far less than ironheart, which is the heal you should be mainly relying on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fuzzy is going to shuffle this thread over to the Cleric sub-forum. OP is asking some beginner questions, but the panda is pretty sure the cleric community in general may be able to give more detailed answers. b:thanks

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Since it's in the cleric forum now, I'll direct you to a sticky we have at the top of the thread listing. It's not very current at all, but still provides useful information as to what skills should be prioritized and what they do.

Cheers!b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Though I went with the IH, buff, revive priority; I see nothing wrong with a Cleric being primarily a caster DD. You wont be in big demand, but it wouldn't be a bad way to play.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    shiaaa333 wrote: »

Blessing of the purehearted is one of the skills you can skip leveling. Ironheart is your main heal and the skill you use 90% of the time. It is a heal over time (HoT) that heals a large amount for relatively low mana, healing a bit every 3 seconds for 15 seconds total. If you use it multiple times the heals stack.

People have covered it but I'll reiterate.

Heals you need:
    Ironheart (always keep at maxed level)
    Wellspring surge
    Revive (always keep at maxed level)

Your four buffs are:
    Vanguard Spirit (phys defense buff)
    Magic Shell (magic defense buff)
    Celestion Guardian Seal (increases regen rate. Helps recover your hp/mp)
    Spirits Gift (increase your magic dmg and heal amount)

Have a couple levels of Purify and Plume Shell but not important to max until level 70 if you are short on spirit. The same with Dimensional and Elemental Seal (debuffs mobs) and Silent Seal (freezes mobs in place) you'll want to get a few levels on but not maxed. Get a couple levels of Chromatic Heal Beam (squad heal).

Things like Greater Protective Aura and Aegis Heal are hour version of your level 10 buff, and can buff a squad. They're nice but not required.

Regeneration Aura is also called bb. Its a continuous aoe heal that also reduces damage recieved by half. Its required. I'd say Heaven's Wrath is too, but not quite as important.

Attacks:
    Plume Shot
    Cyclone Heal (alternate spam with plume shot)
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As many have said above

From attack skills: plume shot and great cyclone. (If you are planning to start do aoe grinding start putting points in razor feathers and siren's kiss.)

All Buffs (Vanguard Spirit,Magic Shell,Guardia Seal and Spirit's Gift)

Heals: Ironheart blessing is must others you don't really need before you got free spirit to put. Wellspring is good at some situations but not necessary. Chromatic heal is also handy at some situations but not so often needed.

Other skills: Revive lvl1 is enough untill you get free spirit and coins (Yea I may be selfish cleric but lvl1 revive decrease revive request quite nice way and the skill doesnt benefit you). Purify is needed in bh51 and at aoe grinding. Debuffs you can learn when you get free spirit and coins, Freeze and sleep are handy when soloing BHs and in PK.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ironheart blessing, buffs, revive,,.

If you squad a lot (and you should at lvl 45), those are the most wanted skills for a cleric to max..

you might also give a shot to plume shell... it's very good in tight situations...

She'd be doing like a single qingzi run a day, probably soloed by some high level since bh29 squads are kind of rare, at least in dreamweaver. I would go with IH, Buffs, wellspring personally. Since you haven't been leveling it and it's an important heal, i'd rather have a good wellspring keep me from death than a rez any day. Also, stop leveling Blessings of the Purehearted. Also if you don't have purify, get it is also pretty important. Don't listen to people saying you must have rez maxed right away, no one really expects a cleric to have level 10 revive until you start hitting bh59/69 which you get in your 70/80s. So long as your gradually getting to it so you can have it maxed at around that level, don't worry about it as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit