Team Dueling

Options
MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hey Guys, I was watching some pkers gank a guy a minute ago lol, and it just hit me with an idea, what if PWI adds a new add-on for Team Dueling, like you get a squad members and when the count down gets to 0, the duel of 2 vs 2 or 6 vs 6 will start, sort of like a mini tw but without negatives of PK mode. I mean think about it, how fun can that be where you can finally put Aoes to good use. I mean that would seriously be fun, I mean this is an awsome way for people that never went or go to TW, or went to pk mode before to experience the fun. But this is just me, not sure about you guys. b:laugh I am a genious
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
b:cute
-MadameFrost b:heart
Post edited by MadameFrost - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like the idea, Its pretty good, I don't know why something like this hasnt been implemented.. oh wait I do, pwi are lazy forks.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    True, but I think this idea can actually make PWI more fun, I mean alot of people are quitting the game cause there is no fun anymore, all you do is World Quest, Bounty Hunter, Nirvana, Crazy stone, Pk with sins ruining it lol. I mean what is so fun about the game anymore. But this idea can actually make the game fun and keep players interested. I think pwi should really take this idea to consideration, plus I doubt it will cause problems. I really like this idea cause having team mates to duel with you would seem so much fun b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    a 6v6 team duel would be pretty fun, if it was made correctly.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mworld quest and crazy stone? Lol.. i haven't done them since my 70s. But agreed,it would add another fun element to the game. To be fair, there is an arena (not to be confused with the new one opening up) where you can do 1-6v1-6 battles. A downside is that it costs 100k per person (which goes to the winning team, and can be repaid). another downside is its a small square boring room, so squad duels would be better due to terrain options.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mworld quest and crazy stone? Lol.. i haven't done them since my 70s. But agreed,it would add another fun element to the game. To be fair, there is an arena (not to be confused with the new one opening up) where you can do 1-6v1-6 battles. A downside is that it costs 100k per person (which goes to the winning team, and can be repaid). another downside is its a small square boring room, so squad duels would be better due to terrain options.

The thing that makes that a bad idea is because people want to duel for fun for FREE, not gambling and giving money in order to compete. I mean a 1 vs 1 duel is fun cause it has no negative downfall, its all for fun, no exp loss, no item loss, its just pure fun. This team duel idea is basically the same concept as a 1 vs 1 duel except with team mates. Glad that you agree :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I do believe the long-time closed arenas were once this.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Rainesong - Dreamweaver
    Rainesong - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b:victory Love this idea!!! This would be epic fun without all the PK nastiness.

This would also be a huge plus for those factions that conduct regular TW training... At times lower level family members are a bit nervous going into PK, which is totally understandable considering some of the nasty people in the game *cough SP ganking* [yusss still happens despite the rules]. Having team based dueling squads would solve that issue, get them the TW training they want, while at the same time protect lower levels from the negative side of PK until they are ready to make that jump into it or at least be a higher level to defend themselves better.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No way they will implement this, as they will get no profit out of it. PK forces you to buy GAs, this would not.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like the idea, Its pretty good, I don't know why something like this hasnt been implemented.. oh wait I do, pwi are lazy forks.

It hasn't been implemented because they have PvP servers for people who want to fight each other.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No way they will implement this, as they will get no profit out of it. PK forces you to buy GAs, this would not.
    Actually this idea would benefit pwi, you see, PWI is dieing, and it's the truth, so many people quit because of many reasons such as having op classes like sins ruining pk, have nothing fun to do in the game, and this basically causes boredom among players. Pretty much dueling is 1 of the ways that keeps the game going. And this would cause players to stay and continue playing, think about it, pwi, has nothing interesting to do anymore. They need to keep players interested in order to continue to get money, otherwise players aren't going to be entertained, and when they aren't they quit and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It hasn't been implemented because they have PvP servers for people who want to fight each other.

And as for you, yes PWI does have PVP servers, but I am suggesting a new idea to make dueling more fun. This has nothing to do with PVP servers since PVP servers do not have Team Dueling. This is just an idea to make the game more fun since PWI is starting to become boring. I am not trying to offend you or anything Michael, but you have to think about it, in pwi, prety much all you can do is PK (boring since sins ruined it and with rank 9s), Crazy stone, World Quest, TT, Nirvana,BH. I mean seriously what is the fun in doing that stuff. I find dueling 1 of the ways to keep me entertained. Sure dueling might not make money for pwi like pk mode does, but I am a Paying Customer, even though I don't pk, I want to have fun. Why would I pay for a game when it is no fun. My Point is, Pwi needs to keep players interested and I thought this idea would really keep players interested in the game and would give something Brand New Fresh out of the box for people to enjoy. I really think this would be a positive idea for pwi to do. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I do believe the long-time closed arenas were once this.

Am I incorrect is assuming that the Deathmatch Arena was created for exactly this? Understandably, it's a coinsink, which follows what Kaste has said.
    To the best of my knowledge, it is still functional. Participation costs close to 300k or more per person if memory serves correctly. It's been a while since I played in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Am I incorrect is assuming that the Deathmatch Arena was created for exactly this? Understandably, it's a coinsink, which follows what Kaste has said.
    To the best of my knowledge, it is still functional. Participation costs close to 300k or more per person if memory serves correctly. It's been a while since I played in there.

The reason why they removed the arenas. There was no fee, you could not drop items. Very fun, even if it was a limited area. And yet they removed it. And I am not sure about deathmatch, but I think the winner team gets all the money? So not really a coin sink. Basically they wanted to force people to buy GAs. Mass dueling would result in even less GA purchase and therefore less profit. The real harcore players don't care about such minor things as MadameFrost mentioned. And PWE still get money.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I still think its something pwi should really do, pwi is getting boring and I been told this by many players and most of my friends are starting to quit, and I mean the ones that spend major cash on the game. This is basically going to be Pwi's downfall, bringing new fashion and gears helps, but whats the point of that, its not enough to keep players interested. They Need fresh ideas to keep people entertained, if they aren't entertained how is PWI going to make money. Plus no one buys GScrolls anymore since they can use Safety Lock and Bind their gears. So basically pwi is still loosing money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think this makes pretty good 5v5 fights without the nastiness of PWI.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I approve D:<
    Honestly, that would help a lot with "practicing" how to work as a team in pvp.

+if factions (on pve servers) would like to host a pvp event for guildies. They wouldn't have to force them pk-mode + redname for the winners.. nice prize is that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This wouldn't even work anyways. A duel really isn't pvp. Your charms don't tick, most people cry out in rage if you pot or use genie. If they did this people would cry even more that two people in a team duel ganked them. Useless function would be useless.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This wouldn't even work anyways. A duel really isn't pvp. Your charms don't tick, most people cry out in rage if you pot or use genie. If they did this people would cry even more that two people in a team duel ganked them. Useless function would be useless.

There's a lot of people out there who like to have some fun dueling other players without having to turn on pk-mode. I per example like to duel on my veno, but don't feel like putting on pk mode and having to watch my back.

And as I stated before, this would encourage people to host pvp events for factions.

A duel is pvp. But no it isn't pk. It doesn't come with the downsides to it. b:bye

btw, what downside would it have to you if they did implement it may I ask?
    If you don't want to duel, there's a "deny" button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Seems I am hearing that you want to have pk mode without the chance at loosing items... Or that you just want consent given before the fight starts? Well with gear that cost 100s of dollars who can blame anyone for not wanting to chance loosing it.
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hey Guys, I was watching some pkers gank a guy a minute ago lol, and it just hit me with an idea, what if PWI adds a new add-on for Team Dueling, like you get a squad members and when the count down gets to 0, the duel of 2 vs 2 or 6 vs 6 will start, sort of like a mini tw but without negatives of PK mode. I mean think about it, how fun can that be where you can finally put Aoes to good use. I mean that would seriously be fun, I mean this is an awsome way for people that never went or go to TW, or went to pk mode before to experience the fun. But this is just me, not sure about you guys. b:laugh I am a genious

They should add a battle arena and do that!! That would be awesome!!
  • Femswordtank - Lost City
    Femswordtank - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There's a lot of people out there who like to have some fun dueling other players without having to turn on pk-mode. I per example like to duel on my veno, but don't feel like putting on pk mode and having to watch my back.

And as I stated before, this would encourage people to host pvp events for factions.

A duel is pvp. But no it isn't pk. It doesn't come with the downsides to it. b:bye

Her point was that it is very dissimilar to PKing. When you go out pking you use pots genie skills and anything you damn well want or need to to stay alive. When you duel most people set rules like no pots no genies etc etc. The likelihood is that the kind of people that will do group duels instead of going into pk mode are the same sort of people that set these rules. Therefore if anyone actually treats this like safe PKing the losers will QQ and moan about them using pots or whatever they have used to win. That was her point.

And to the person that keeps talking about them making players buy GA's...pretty much everyone I know is a cheapskate and just sets safety lock to between and 30 minutes and an hour. Then you just have to pay attention and re-log whenever it runs out, works a treat.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if only there was a way for you to go PVP mode without being forced into west arch and silverpool. really, if you want pvp so bad, switch on PVP, and arrange for whatever 12 people to go somewhere secluded and pvp away, the world map is pretty much dead, theres hardly any risk of being discovered. and if you're really that worried about it buy a stack of guardian scrolls.

dont expect PWI to implement something thats already available, but you dont like exactly how its implemented so you dont use it.

you can expect them to program this feature into the game right after they start giving rewards to people who send in used up pre-paid cards for recycling points for free stuff b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Most people duel to test skills. If you want to actually learn to really battle, you need pvp activated. When your in a duel, there's so many stipulations because of how everyone is now a days it's sad. Almost everyone on Lost City would agree that a duel isn't pvp. In pvp the tide's of battle can be changed by even the most miniscule thing, while in duel's its whoever gets a lucky crit off first. Most duel's you see there's one person standing there while another dd's.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The reason I am saying is its a good idea is not because I am cheap or don't want to loose my items in pk mode, this has Nothing to do with PK mode. This is just an improvement idea to Dueling, I personally prefer Dueling over pk because in Pk mode, you can expect people to rage alot and complain. But in dueling, it's just all fun and games.
    I just came up with this idea to improve dueling so it will be more fun and people can enjoy playing the game. And as for all this arena talk, I personally don't like arenas cause there is limited space, and you can't use the background to your advantage or jump high lol. Basically this idea has nothing to do with PK mode, the reason pk mode keeps coming up is because people believe that PK mode makes PWI money and dueling doesn't. Well sorry to say but PK doesn't make money anymore for pwi, People now use Safety Lock, almost everyone I know that pks uses Safety Lock or just simply Binds their equipment and puts all their gears in the Bank. So GA's Don't really make money for people. Now sure some people still use GA's Buy charms,etc. But it doesn't make as much as money as before, Packs are what make money.
    So basically this is just an idea to make Dueling more fun and to make PWI fun again cause PWI is starting to become boring with nothing to do anymore. If you simply don't like the idea, it's fine, I respect your opinion. But if you do like the idea, speak up so PWI knows you want a change for more fun in the game.
    And Yes Sasha, I believe Prepaid cards should become recyclable, I prefer prepaid cards over Credit Card because 1. Credit over the internet not safe, 2. Buying Prepaid cards saves you money cause when you use a credit card where I live, the Currency exchange makes us pay more. And reason I said pwi should add rewards is just a way to make people do all the work of mailing and stuff for a reason. I personally wouldn't have a problem mailing all my cards with my own money to post it without getting anything in return, but some people do, thats why I said that. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • S_Rya - Harshlands
    S_Rya - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle it sounds a good idea ^^ i'll support this! b:thanks