(?) Boss levels

Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I was just wondering how attack/defense levels factor in against the question mark bosses, such as TT

Does jones blessing have any affect on these bosses ?
Would a +8 defense level charm, like from the school teacher quest actually do anything to reduce damage taken ?

thanks guys
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Post edited by Pyrostormz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They are level 150. I wouldn't know more, xD. As far as I think it works, bosses have attack levels equal to their level (I think I've read this somewhere). Therefore getting 8 def level would leave the boss with 142 attack level. Which wouldn't do much of a difference. Rather get Jones' and kill him quicker/have more self heal.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    alright, thanks

because it doesnt show a number, i wasnt sure if attack/defense levels were even relevant
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Well don't take my word for coin. I personally think bosses have no atk/def levels at all. You really should just try to use it and take damage and see if you feel any difference. But again, rather have Jones' for easy bosses and only use the def one in case it's possible to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    All mobs/bosses have attack and defense levels of 0. Therefore, you do 1% more damage for every attack level you have while you take 1% less damage for every defense level you have. The anniversary blessing, for instance, gives 15 to each. That means that you will take 15% less damage from mobs/bosses, even lvl ? ones, and you will do 15% more damage to them.

Now, when it comes to PvP, the whole attack/defense level thing becomes much more complicated.
    edited June 2011
    thanks for clearing that up bellarie
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    thanks for clearing that up bellarie

I only know how it works in PvE, I don't PvP so I haven't really taken the time to look into how it all works there.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    All mobs/bosses have attack and defense levels of 0. Therefore, you do 1% more damage for every attack level you have while you take 1% less damage for every defense level you have. The anniversary blessing, for instance, gives 15 to each. That means that you will take 15% less damage from mobs/bosses, even lvl ? ones, and you will do 15% more damage to them.

Now, when it comes to PvP, the whole attack/defense level thing becomes much more complicated.

That's not completely true. For every level difference between you and your opponent, there's something -similar- to attack and defence levels. It's why there is a damage reduction on these bosses.
    edited June 2011
    That's not completely true. For every level difference between you and your opponent, there's something -similar- to attack and defence levels. It's why there is a damage reduction on these bosses.

which goes back to my original question of how that works with a boss with no level

if, as Kaste said, they are considered to be level 150, then i understand how the math would work, i was just wondering if that is in fact the case
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    which goes back to my original question of how that works with a boss with no level

if, as Kaste said, they are considered to be level 150, then i understand how the math would work, i was just wondering if that is in fact the case

I am 100% sure that at least bosses in TT and NV are level 150.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited June 2011
    thanks again to everyone for your help
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ashgaroth - Lost City
    Ashgaroth - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yes ? mark bosses are considered lvl 150. doesnt matter where they are thats why they are always orange named xD
    edited June 2011
    so now please tell me if i have my math right here

it being level 150, and me being level 80, it is essentially like it have 70 attack & defense levels higher then me, reducing my damage by 70%, and making me take 70% more damage

with jones blessing, now it only has 40 attack levels on me, and i should be only doing 40% less damage

is this correct ?
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No, Jones = your attack levels, so you'll do around 40% less damage, but a bit less because 1 attack level is not 1% more damage when it's stacked. Jones will not affect the damage you receive.

You basically got it, but it should be "with jones blessing, now it only has 40 defence levels on me, and i should be only doing around 40% less damage"
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Theres a lot of misinformation in this thread. Here is how it works.

?-level mobs are level 150

- If the target is 40 levels higher than you or more you do 75% less damage.

- Your defense rating is a bit less effective against higher level monsters since
    phys damage reduction % = p.def / (40 * attacker level + p.def)

attack / def levels are totally separate mechanic from the above:

if attacker attack level > than target defense lev
    damage = attack damage * (1 + (A - D) / 100)
    else if attacker attack level <= than target defense lev
    damage = attack damage / (1 + 1.2*(D - A) / 100)

Unbuffed / undebuffed mobs always have 0 attack level and 0 defense level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Theres a lot of misinformation in this thread. Here is how it works.

?-level mobs are level 150

- If the target is 40 levels higher than you or more you do 75% less damage.

- Your defense rating is a bit less effective against higher level monsters since
    phys damage reduction % = p.def / (40 * attacker level + p.def)

attack / def levels are totally separate mechanic from the above:

if attacker attack level > than target defense lev
    damage = attack damage * (1 + (A - D) / 100)
    else if attacker attack level <= than target defense lev
    damage = attack damage / (1 + 1.2*(D - A) / 100)

Unbuffed / undebuffed mobs always have 0 attack level and 0 defense level

Thank you for clarifying this. I though the damage nerf was for all mobs in the orange.