So, Lunar nirv pants or TT nirv, which one?

Ashivas - Dreamweaver
Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Assassin
Posted this here because where else would I put an aps related question...

Myriad Blossom greaves: Unbound, higher base stats, no +4% resistances though, and getting the souledges, or "armorcore" as it's called would cost 45mil to craft from scratch starting with the 85 green pants. Whereas the TT99 only costs 30mil...

Edit: Oh and Myriad would also give me 50 more HP lol...

Shadow Ashura Greaves: Bound, lower base stats, +4% resistance bonus. 15 mil cheaper to obtain...

Which to pick? The reason I ask this is because it's for my sin, who doesn't have level 7 tailoring, so I'd have to wait til I farmed for TT99, 1st cast, then finally 2nd cast before I could upgrade his pants... To me the TT99 route seems better, the 4% bonus outweighs the higher base stats on the Myriad Blossom Greaves, unless i'm mistaken, but with Lunar I could wear first cast on sin while farming cannies for 2nd cast... But then again, there's really nothing wrong with rank 8 pants while I farm for Shadow Ashura 2nd cast I guess.

Opinions? And which is better in your opinion, I would also get the matching helm for the complect bonus too fyi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
Post edited by Ashivas - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I prefer the Shadow of Nirvana Set , so that means the TT sets. i like the 4% increase which can get high when stacked together, Also i find TT easier to farm (compared to Lunar which i dont like ). Bound is not an issue , if u go for Nirvana and not R9 u wont sell it anyways.

TT stuff looks better too , more demonic looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It depends.

I personally will go for a full max interval set on my Sin. BUT min stats, meaning crappy sockets and average refinements/shards. All that matters is the APS/DPS. With the basic armor then I will be able to farm a lot of stuff. Therefore going for lunar first, then going for a TT max stat when I farmed enough.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I prefer the Shadow of Nirvana Set , so that means the TT sets. i like the 4% increase which can get high when stacked together, Also i find TT easier to farm (compared to Lunar which i dont like ). Bound is not an issue , if u go for Nirvana and not R9 u wont sell it anyways.

TT stuff looks better too , more demonic looking.
    I won't be farming Lunar if I do pick Lunar, I'll just buy it from farming other stuff. Nirv, or TT then sell that stuff to buy Lunar mats. If I did go Lunar that is.
    It depends.

I personally will go for a full max interval set on my Sin. BUT min stats, meaning crappy sockets and average refinements/shards. All that matters is the APS/DPS. With the basic armor then I will be able to farm a lot of stuff. Therefore going for lunar first, then going for a TT max stat when I farmed enough.

What does it being TT/Lunar have to do with how many sockets it has or what shards you put into it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What does it being TT/Lunar have to do with how many sockets it has or what shards you put into it?

Getting lunar with sockets/stones I don't care about. Farm. Get 4 soc TT. Farm refines/shards. Sell Lunar version or re-use it on alt.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure if I'm completely correct on this but my friends tell me that Lunars have higher base stats and that's what gets modified by buffs like your basic BM bell or cleric buffs. Also 3-3 is a pain, so most definitely going to go try lunar and see how that works out. A friend has offered to give me all drops as long as I pay for the runs.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you're going to get Lunar, farm the hard mats during this 2x (basically the chromatic tinder and the earth essences). I don't know about DW prices, but earth essences cost 3mil a pop over here on HL. And chromatics are the most expensive to chip at 9mil...you'll most likely get at least one or two within three times of running it (unless you're extremely unlucky like a sin friend of mine). A three or four man squad can farm it easily enough as long as there's a cleric there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Lunar is harder to acquire, but I've been told that the HP and def from LoN's vit bonus is better than SoN's def bonuses.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the set bonuses are the same
    +5 attack 2pc
    +10 def 5 pc
    +3 def 6pc

Lunar HA is generally better than nirvana HA, i havent done the math on LA

180 HP is better than 10 vit
    lunar has 220 more pdef and 300 more m.def

the 4% increases to defenses on the TT are not effected by buffs
    while the higher base defense on lunar is, though it is also effected by debuffs

the conventional wisdom is that if you have highly refined ornaments, TT is better, though i didnt find this to be the case with the HA set. (although it is very close)

also the lunar set is prettier b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1119361 this conversation is going on in the barb forums, too, but here are the highlights:

Lunar is tradable.
    TT is cheaper/easier to find peaces for.
    Lunar looks better.
    Lunar has about 133% more base defense.
    Lunar adds +hp, TT usually adds + vitality. The +hp mod on lunar gives more hp than
    the + vit mod on TT.
    TT 4% mods affect gear (other pieces, rings, ornies) but are not affected by buffs.
    Lunar does recieve bonuses from buffs.
    Having more pieces of TT means more % bonus, but will not catch up to Lunar's
    defense bonuses until about +12 refines (pdef rings, pdef belt, pdef neck),
    unbuffed. Buffed or below +12 refines, or using ornies that provide mdef when
    refined (CoA ring or cube neck for example) and the Lunar will always be better.
    TT is not affected by debuffs, Lunar is. When debuffed, TT may be better (possible
    bonus if spaming Frenzy skill).

Overall impression: until very endgame Lunar is better, then if you have +12 refines of everything and 4 pieces of TT its hard to say which is better since its situational. However, most those situations still favor Lunar. Since most Sins use only 1 piece of Lunar (The pants. Yes alot use the helm too but it doesn't provide defense or a 4% bonus if TT) for interval they will not be stacking 4% bonuses which also favors the Lunar.

Bottom line, go lunar. TT is not endgame, just a shortcut.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    vit on TT nirvana is fixed at 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1119361 this conversation is going on in the barb forums, too, but here are the highlights:

Lunar is tradable.
    TT is cheaper/easier to find peaces for.
    Lunar looks better.
    Lunar has about 133% more base defense.
    Lunar adds +hp, TT usually adds + vitality. The +hp mod on lunar gives more hp than
    the + vit mod on TT.
    TT 4% mods affect gear (other pieces, rings, ornies) but are not affected by buffs.
    Lunar does recieve bonuses from buffs.
    Having more pieces of TT means more % bonus, but will not catch up to Lunar's
    defense bonuses until about +12 refines (pdef rings, pdef belt, pdef neck),
    unbuffed. Buffed or below +12 refines, or using ornies that provide mdef when
    refined (CoA ring or cube neck for example) and the Lunar will always be better.
    TT is not affected by debuffs, Lunar is. When debuffed, TT may be better (possible
    bonus if spaming Frenzy skill).
    Lunar gives a static amount of hp and a +dex 6-10 mod on the plate. TT gives +vit 6-10
    and +dex 6-10. This means you have a 1/5 chance of getting max stats on lunar and
    will always get the max hp amount. With TT you have a 1/25 chance of getting max
    stats. Possible pro if planning to reroll till perfect stats.

Overall impression: until very endgame Lunar is better, then if you have +12 refines of everything and 4 pieces of TT its hard to say which is better since its situational. However, most those situations still favor Lunar. Since most Sins use only 1 piece of Lunar (The pants. Yes alot use the helm too but it doesn't provide defense or a 4% bonus if TT) for interval they will not be stacking 4% bonuses which also favors the Lunar.

Bottom line, go lunar. TT is not endgame, just a shortcut.

Wow thanks. If there were a +1 option for posts I'd use it right now :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wow thanks. If there were a +1 option for posts I'd use it right now :3

Why stop at +1? Should try to go at least +4 :o
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Why stop at +1? Should try to go at least +4 :o

I never said how many times I'd use it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    vit on TT nirvana is fixed at 10

Its not on the plate, but you are right on the pants. Good call, I'll edit my post.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory