Delay between skills and hotkeys question

Options
Treyus - Harshlands
Treyus - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Support Desk
Through out my time playing in PWI, I have come across several, annoyances, if you will, and I never figured out if it was just me. Now this is with hot keys / abilities usage. Now, I know having a Low frame rate, or MS, can cause a noticeable delay in the way you play and the way your abilities work in the game. Firstly, my MS sits from any where of 250 or lower ( smooth ), and an avg FPS of 47-60. Now in my experience this is decent, when it comes to online gaming in general.

Now what I am experiencing is this, when I use an ability there is an avg delay of 1.7 sec to a max of 2.6, granted this don't seem like much but in all reality it is. I find my self pressing my hot keys for abilities, waiting for them to finally cause an action, for example ill use knife throw on my sin, ok a few second delay there, im not talking about the actual cast time, the actual time it takes for the ability to register with the server after I have hit my hot key for said ability. This is not only ability that does this for me, its all.

I looked and searched, ( and if not hard enough forgive me ) for why this happens, even when my stats, meaning ms / fps are in a state of as perfect as possible, and still could not figure out why this is.

Is this because of the way the game was created? Is it just me? Did anyone else experience this, or still is experiencing this, and found a way to correct it? Any and all forms of suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Post edited by Treyus - Harshlands on

Comments

• ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello Treyus, I'm going to ask you to please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can do our best to help you. Thank you for your patience thus far. b:thanks
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This sounds a lot of a ping issue, though it's weird that you have 200+/- ping mostly, do you have this problem with other online games? - have you tried changing server (different servers have different ping due to their location)?

If you do have this issue with other online games, it may be your ISP (internet provider) and not your computer. 47-60 FPS is very decent, though FPS have nothing to do with the actual gaming (since FPS stands for frames per second = what your screen displays = animation, rendering, effects, etc. only not "packets" being sent to the server and back :P).

Run some speed tests @ speedtest.net and see if your net is having problems, cuz it may even be a bandwidth limitation of your ISP, if that's the problem, then changing ISP would be the way to go :D
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Thoragor - Sanctuary
    Thoragor - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Even though you're getting a decent ping, there could be a router dropping packets in between you and PW that could cause this as well. Run a tracert to the server when this is happening and see if you get any that don't return a response.
  • Treyus - Harshlands
    Treyus - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To tech support, if I was smart enough to even check my computer settings / router, I would have seen that my router was not set up properly, and my graphics card was tuned incorrectly ( never let your friends mess with your computers that " promises " they can fix it ) and the guy that installed my internet, which I just got this past week, did not enter all the info needed to even set up my internet or download the correct software needed for it to run properly.

After doing what should have been done in the first place, everything has been fixed, tho I am still experiencing a slight delay, tho I only notice it because im OCD like that, its nothing that can be done about it.

Thanks for you guys posting because I would have never thought of checking.