can cash shoppers sue if game goes belly up?

CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
of course not, you signed onto an airtight setup. so if they pull the plug tomorrow and walk with the cash, u lose.

please correct me if i am wrong here , TIA
Post edited by CheetahWoods - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    of course not, you signed onto an airtight setup. so if they pull the plug tomorrow and walk with the cash, u lose.

as long as pwi makes more than it costs to run the servers they will keep the game rolling along... even if they only made 5k a month over all the servers... im sure they would keep the game up and running...
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Exactly, I mean it's not like they actually have to WORK for money or anything.
  • cantfindanamewtf
    cantfindanamewtf Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    as long as pwi makes more than it costs to run the servers they will keep the game rolling along... even if they only made 5k a month over all the servers... im sure they would keep the game up and running...

5k wouldn't cut it. They have to pay employees as well.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    5k wouldn't cut it. They have to pay employees as well.

they have employees? thats news to me... b:chuckle
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nah, all the kids with R9 will eventually be like "****."
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think that when PWE pulls the plug there will be a mass suicide all over the earth.
    People will cry and get depressed at where all their money went and what they have to show for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    can cash shoppers sue if game goes belly up?

No, they can't. I direct your attention to a partial quote from the Terms of Service...
    22. Limitation of Liability

... You agree that PWE cannot be held responsible or liable for anything that occurs or results from accessing or subscribing to the Services.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think that when PWE pulls the plug there will be a mass suicide all over the earth.
    People will cry and get depressed at where all their money went and what they have to show for it.

well you spend money to go to the movies. do you suicide when the movie is over? you will have nothing left to show for the movie aside from the ticket stub and a memory. (this is, granted, it never comes out on DVD and you never go to the movie again.)

Anyway, people are paying to be entertained, and you know exactly what you are doing when you buy gold. the case wouldn't hold water in court if someone actually tried this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Would feel sad for maybe 1 day after all the time I spent, but the joy when csers get screwed - PRICELESS!b:chuckle
    edited June 2011
    Would feel sad for maybe 1 day after all the time I spent, but the joy when csers get screwed - PRICELESS!b:chuckle

why? Time IS money, and if you aren't spending one you are spending the other. I would be more pissed off if I leveled a character to 105 or whatever with only my time spent, geared it up all by myself without spending a single penny on this game and then pwi decided to abandon ship. A few hundred dollars I can make back in two weeks, but you can't get back time you lost, especially if you are REALLY that dedicated to something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    why? Time IS money, and if you aren't spending one you are spending the other. I would be more pissed off if I leveled a character to 105 or whatever with only my time spent, geared it up all by myself without spending a single penny on this game and then pwi decided to abandon ship. A few hundred dollars I can make back in two weeks, but you can't get back time you lost, especially if you are REALLY that dedicated to something.

If I still had fun in game then yes, but it`s addiction or whatever you can call it that even keeps me here.
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yea for some ppl, they dont have time to play all day, maybe only 1-2 hours, so cash shopping is just to make up for it :D

Of course we are not talking of the R9 type of csing, but the R8 level
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011

It depends on what you can prove to your bank/credit card company.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If a certain title from Blizzard went down the tubes would players be able to sue because they had bought a subscription?

If National Geographic stopped publishing could Fuzzy sue because he is a paying customer?

You get what you pay for, and it is your decision to spend (or not) with PWI. If it were to shut down the servers, no, there would be no recourse.

Despite the cries of "pay to win" PWI in no way shape or form actually makes you spend money on the game. The choice is all yours....
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited June 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Despite the cries of "pay to win" PWI in no way shape or form actually makes you spend money on the game. The choice is all yours....

No Fuzzy, they are just making it harder for non-CSers with the nerf in DQ/TT drops and the "r9" gear that everyone has now, to the point where, unless they CS, they will be, and always will be, subpar to all CSers.

Did I say that outloud? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No Fuzzy, they are just making it harder for non-CSers with the nerf in DQ/TT drops and the "r9" gear that everyone has now, to the point where, unless they CS, they will be, and always will be, subpar to all CSers.

Did I say that outloud? b:shutup

Be that as it may, the choice is still 100% yours to make. All they can do is influence your decision
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What if you're one of those special cases who are able to charge greater amounts of money than most.. you drop $1000 straight up, and the game goes down a day later, before you get to use themoney.

or if you subscribe to two years of national geo, and they cancel their printingafter yourfirst one arrives
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What if you're one of those special cases who are able to charge greater amounts of money than most.. you drop $1000 straight up, and the game goes down a day later, before you get to use themoney.

or if you subscribe to two years of national geo, and they cancel their printingafter yourfirst one arrives

You'd get a refund for the magazines because they agreed to send you x amount of issues. The only thing you're getting from PW is gold. Doesn't matter if you ever use it, or if you can't use it for some reason... you got what you paid for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You'd get a refund for the magazines because they agreed to send you x amount of issues. The only thing you're getting from PW is gold. Doesn't matter if you ever use it, or if you can't use it for some reason... you got what you paid for.

Dyskrasia has a very valid point -- If you did buy a 'product' and the company decided that that said 'product' will no longer be supported WITHOUT ample warning things might get nasty.

And if you think I just might be having you on...

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7595/pwmywarning.jpg

Try checking above the 'start' button. 3 years on and they still have the warning there. So don't say that PW MS/MY didn't tell ya so. Slightly bad english, but I'm sure it is well intended.

Also in regards to FuzzWuzz's post, but then again stranger things have happened:

http://kotaku.com/276021/mmo-operators-could-break-laws-in-the-uk

Yes but after all Kinjeto is just a n00b. Yeah, right and then you'll be telling us here 'You're dad is a carpenter and he can walk on water'.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No, they can't. I direct your attention to a partial quote from the Terms of Service...

/facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2011
    Be that as it may, the choice is still 100% yours to make. All they can do is influence your decision

don't get me wrong, i will drop like 20$ into the game every month or so (if i'm playing, which i am currently not and prolly won't til they fix the censorship) and that gets me by, but pwi is increasingly making it harder for non-csers to grind their money. soon it will be "charge gold or sell your body for coins".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]