Flying mount vs No flying mount

Twinkisaurus - Sanctuary
Twinkisaurus - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I'm considering getting a flying mount. I've researched them and they seem like they're worth the money. I'd still like a second opinion, though. O, I'm really lazy and hate walking. That's the main reason why I want one. :3
Post edited by Twinkisaurus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Get a set of flyers. Dont have to worry about cliffs and walls. Just fly, set height to 78, go afk. ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Twinkisaurus - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    That's exactly why I want them. I just.. Eh I don't know. So, they areeee worth it?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Eh. I tended to fly everywhere, I basically got to the point where I refused to use teleporters (except for entering BH's, I refuse even more to make others wait). I've quit the game, so gonna use the past tense...

If you're in a rush, and have a bajillion coins, don't bother, just tele then use a land mount. If you are gonna be playing for 8 hours or so, then... Flying mount is fine.

Just be warned... It takes around 30 minutes to fly from the southern most parts of the map to the northern most parts of the map, if not more. Once you hit 40, you can tele to arch for free using the Cube of Fate, which can cut your fly time down, but otherwise... I kept a novel by my computer for my flying times. >_>

Here's a comparison: In PW, the fastest flying mount gives you a 70% speed boost, or thereabouts. In some Pay to play MMO's, the fastest flying mounts give you a 400% speed boost. My point is, the flying mounts in this game are achingly slow, especially compared to other games. If you have played other MMO's, don't expect ANYTHING similar to them, it's complete fail. PWI's world map is like 1/3 the size of my current favorite MMO's, however, it takes 4 times longer to get from one side of it to the other. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You'll get a free flying mount from a quest at lvl 30 in case you didn't know that yet. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Time isn't really my issue. I just hate going around mountains and towns. I wouldn't mind to walk if I could go straight to my destination.
    edited June 2011
    I knew that. I'd end up getting another, anyway. So, why not get it now?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The free flier you get at level 30 has a movement speed of 5 meters/second. It would be slower than running. The ones from the boutique are faster, most of them are 7.5 or 8 m/s.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Get one . /thread
    And well, like someone said, you get a free one from a quest at lvl 30 anyways.
    edited June 2011
    Welp, Flying mount it is.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Oh well then if you want a faster one already, then just buy a lvl 10/20 recquirement one from boutique/catshops/AH, the lower lvl recquirement ones are always faster anyways, and don't just bother waiting for lvl 30.
    edited June 2011
    I'll do a little more research to see which one I want. Thanks for the help guys :DD <3
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Get a 3.0 flyer. Cheap and efficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The free flier you get at level 30 has a movement speed of 5 meters/second. It would be slower than running. The ones from the boutique are faster, most of them are 7.5 or 8 m/s.

0.5m/s plus your move speed.

Elves can get the speed of a +2m/s cash shop flying mount by putting points in a skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    0.5m/s plus your move speed.

Elves can get the speed of a +2m/s cash shop flying mount by putting points in a skill.

0.5 m/s + base flying speed, which is different from your movement speed, and is always stuck at 5 m/s for any class. Your +movement speed from skills / equipment / potions will have no effect on flying, besides the ones that specifically mention flying speed.