Why PWI open EU servers?

Caliope - Harshlands
Caliope - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Why Perfect World International open new EU servers?
It simple cash cos Aeria games open new Perfect world in spanish wersion in secend half of 2011, so PWI want be 1st and take EU plaer.
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-06-21/perfect_world_in_spanish_closed_beta_sign_ups_live,1.shtml
Post edited by Caliope - Harshlands on

Comments

• Innamorata - Harshlands
    Innamorata - Harshlands Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Aeria Games possesses exclusive rights to publish the Spanish version of this popular MMORPG title in Latin America.

There hasn't been any mention by PWI that they'll open an exclusive Spanish server when EU branch releases, so I don't see your point.
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    ProtocoI - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why Perfect World International open new EU servers?
    It simple cash cos Aeria games open new Perfect world in spanish wersion in secend half of 2011, so PWI want be 1st and take EU plaer.
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-06-21/perfect_world_in_spanish_closed_beta_sign_ups_live,1.shtml

Oh Noo, aeria games took SPAIN!! Their profits as a company in EU will surely suffer now, God how will they manage without that ONE COUNTRY?!?
    *runs around screaming*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Maybe PWI just wants to serve EU players better...

At the moment events and TWs in the middle of night for eu players sucks so bad that I will be one of the first moving on new server even I got quite ok geared cleric lvl 101 on raging tides.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Maybe PWI just wants to serve EU players better...

At the moment events and TWs in the middle of night for eu players sucks so bad that I will be one of the first moving on new server even I got quite ok geared cleric lvl 101 on raging tides.

pretty much useless to alot of EU players, if they have cashshopped on their other servers. I'll never move and start from scratch, this game is simply too boring for that.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But well if company takes line that there won't be any new players from EU or countries that european server is better can start count down for shutting down all servers.

I think most new players from europe chooses new server and some who have played on old ones will also move there. Of course there are many who won't start new character and that is good for old servers.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Game will be in Spanish, but it's target is Latin America. Nothing to do with Europe.

Is quote working in this forum?
    I can't put stupid sentece in quote tags. Perhaps it's censored...

But anyway, it all says in this document: http://s.aeriastatic.com/files/portal/document/P/PR_Aeria-Games-Acquires-Rights-to-Publish-Perfect-World-in-Spanish.pdf
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But well if company takes line that there won't be any new players from EU or countries that european server is better can start count down for shutting down all servers.

I think most new players from europe chooses new server and some who have played on old ones will also move there. Of course there are many who won't start new character and that is good for old servers.

+1 agree
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Oh Noo, aeria games took SPAIN!! Their profits as a company in EU will surely suffer now, God how will they manage without that ONE COUNTRY?!?
    *runs around screaming*

Was that supposed to be joke?
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i might have a go at this if it accepts players from US. I havent played the game for awhile since the R8 became easy to buy off boutique
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i might have a go at this if it accepts players from US. I havent played the game for awhile since the R8 became easy to buy off boutique

.... and you think it won't be so easy on these new servers?

Same company. Same updates. You won't get away from the packs and rep sales... that is how they make their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If there is one company that I have found that has worse support than PWI, it's Aeria Games,
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If there is one company that I have found that has worse support than PWI, it's Aeria Games,

+1 to this.

I remember they opened a new game, launched a cashop, milked it and after a month they shut down their game suddenly leaving the players that used to cashop a lot with a face like b:shocked (good I didn't cash shop lol)

Will never play their games wasting any time or effort in them lol.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I remember another one to add to that list, name started with A, too. But it went bankrupt some time ago... for the 2nd time.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    MMO conspiracy... oh the madness! b:shocked
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    We're opening European servers because there is a market for people to play on them.

We've taken the same approach with FW and BOI, though PWI's Euro servers had to wait a little bit for licensing reasons.

Should be fun ;)
This discussion has been closed.